September 2016 Moms

One Year Mom Check In

I am going posting crazy today! I saw this on another birth month board and thought it was great, so I stole it.

1) Current happiest surprise about having LO
2) Any body/physical changes still happening? 
3) Anything you miss about pre-baby life (no judgement)?
4) Have you lost friends/family over LO?
5) any friendships changed for the better with LO?
6) Other major life changes in the past year
7)  What have you gotten the most "Mom Shame" about
8) Greatest "I survived" moment 
9) Thing you most look forward to in the coming year

Re: One Year Mom Check In

• 1) Current happiest surprise about having LO
    How much I love seeing his smile every day.

Having my boobs back to somewhat normal size.

Being able to go out and do things whenever we wanted to.

Yes unfortunately knew it would happen.

Not really.

Got engaged when LO was two months old, changed jobs, and getting married in two months.

Not letting him have sugary treats until one year old and the fact he cries if anyone who isn't mom, dad, or grandparents hold him 

Natural childbirth and his first illness lol.

Seeinf him change and grow.
    how easy and happy she is compared to my fieat
    Just started my period for the first time since getting pregnant. Boobs are empty and gross now.
    Just being able to quickly leave the house. No packing up anything, no carseat to deal with.
    Not over LO.
    I wouldn't say so
    Moved a few times, older daughter started a new school, found out I have cancer and will need surgery. It's been quite a year.
    I don't really feel like I have, maybe I'm oblivious to it because Idgaf, lol
    When Ellie threw up after eating bananas and avocados and I made all the right choices. Not fun at all. And the first week of getting her to sleep in her bed.
    watching little one grow and learn new things. All the laughs that we will share.
  • Loading the player...
    He makes me laugh. He's definitely a funny little guy. He's our little weirdo. 

2) Any body/physical changes still happening

Still ten lbs up from pre-baby weight. Not happy about that. I quit breastfeeding about 3 weeks ago, but am still producing a little milk. Anyone know how long it takes to completely dry up?

3) Anything you miss about pre-baby life (no judgement)?  Being able to just walk out the door. Everything with a baby takes planning and packing. 

Not really. I definitely see some friends less because I don't go out as much. To be honest, I think moving is going to have a greater affect on my friendships. Not nearly as convenient to see one another anymore. I'm the suburban outcast now. 
    One of my closest friends is trying to have a baby, so we chat a lot about babies/pregnancy 

Moving and making the decision to stay at home for awhile. I still struggle with wanting to go back to work vs staying at home. I would like to start looking for something part time, now that we have moved. 

Luckily nothing. My closest friends don't have babies yet, so they don't have an opinion on anything I do. Other friends I know with little babies have been pretty cool. I try not to judge anyone for their choices and have never felt like I was being judged either. 

I have to cheat on this bc I have a few

Living in a loft for the 1st year. Colic and the newborn stage. All 3 of us getting norovirus at the same time. It was seriously the most awful 48hrs ever!

Watching lo grow and see how his personality evolves. I can't wait until he learns more words and can communicate. 

Its sappy but I can't believe how much I love her and I must confess that I am happy that I love being a mom! I was never really a 'kid' person, but now I couldn't imagine my life without having one.
    Still have that lingering 10 lbs that I wanted to loose pre baby. Boobs are still a little lop sided but I'm sure I'm the only one that notices! Hopefully in time they will even out more...
    Being able to nap after work! I loved my alone time before my husband gets home...
    Not really but definitely thought my bestie would have been around more this past year. Don't think she has seen my LO in 6 months!
    Not really
    Nope
    Nothing really. Early on strangers felt the need to comment on her bare feet, but she refused to keep socks on and her feet were always toasty warm! 
    Just the whole first year I guess, I was on my own more than I thought but I am proud I made it
    I can't wait until I can have a little conversation with my little girl!

She is a very happy baby!  She seriously just makes my day!

I'm within 2-3lbs of pre baby weight.  So thats good.  My goal was back to normal weight by my Cali trip at the end of the month.  I could starve myself the next 2 wks, haha!

Well this is 3rd baby, so that ship has long sailed.  But after my first baby, the thing I missed most, and still do, is the nighttime bike rides my husband and I used to do.  We'd just take off at like 8pm and ride all over the paths, sometimes stopping at a bar, sometimes a playground to be goofy, sometimes just ride.  It was so nice...

No.  Somehow we have a lot of kid free friends and fam.  They seem to like ours and then send them home :)

Actually yes, one friend also had a surprise baby about 5mo after LO was born.  Its been nice to have someone else going through the infant stage at the same time as I.  We get together pretty often to hang out or go for walks or whatever.

Husbands business is moving, its been a mess but hopefully it'll be good.  We'll own the land and the building, so we better be able to live in our retirement on that! 

Nothing with babe #3, but #1... oh my.  Insisting on veggies/healthy food, extended breastfeeding, babywearing, bed sharing.  Everyone thought I was a huge weirdo.  Theyre used to it by now!

Hmmmm.... I guess just working full time and coming home and doing the dinner/homework/bath/bed routine alone.  Husband gets home later so I'm on my own.  When I was pregnant it felt daunting to even think about how I would make that happen.  But we just make it work.

Seeing this silly little girl show more of her personality, and watching all of the kids interact.  Its chaos, but its fun!