Pregnant after IF
Options

1st Trimester Check in-Week of September 4th

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 
 2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? 
 3. When is your next appointment? 
 4. Anything else you'd like to share? 
 QOTW:  Any babymoons planned?

Re: 1st Trimester Check in-Week of September 4th

• Options

- 7 weeks and 1 day. April 23

-a little nausea when my stomach is empty. Food aversions mostly, nothing healthy sounds good, I only want carbs

-September 15 with OB

-My DH and I decided to cancel our last RE appointment for ultrasound this friday (the cost for the ultrasound was $250). We ended up going to an ultrasound place last week and saw our little bean and it's beating heart. It only cost $40. We told my family this weekend and they are over the moon as this is the first grandchild and they have been waiting for a while!

QOTW:  Any baby moons planned?
    -We were supposed to go to the Bahamas with my family for Christmas but changed that to Florida. My DH and I are planning on taking our last big trip in November to Australia 
  • Options
    9 weeks, 4 days. EDD April 6, 2017.

I'm feeling pretty good!  Currently dealing with fatigue, frequent urination and some food aversions; but nothing too crazy.

I had my last appointment with my RE this morning.  Next appointment is with my OB on September 14th.

Not at the moment.

We are going to Chicago at the end of the month, so I guess even though it is early that will count as our babymoon.  It's too hard to get off work and travel around the holidays for me, and I'll be using my vacation leave next year so I can get paid some on maternity leave, so its now or never.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meredithj123 this will be my last week checking in for 1st trimester as i will be moving to the 2nd trimester!!  Also be careful in Florida with the zika thing as it will still be warm around Christmas..

13w4d  March 9th 2018 TWINS

Still tired with food aversions and dizzy spells.

Next week for MFM appt.

Going Friday to find out genders at an elective ultrasound!!

No babymoons for us..

• Options
     1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 6w1d , April 30, 2018
     2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? exhaustion and super sore boobs!
     3. When is your next appointment? Friday for u/s & bloodwork, hoping to see a heartbeat!
     4. Anything else you'd like to share? I'm making myself a little crazy this week, worrying about my appt friday! 
    Not really a babymoon, but DH and I planned a long weekend trip to Milwaukee for a concert in late October. It's right after our anniversary and I will have just moved on to 2nd tri. 

@meredithj123 Australia sounds amazing!!
    @MMD1986 Hope your appt this morning went well! Congrats on graduating! Have you been to Chicago before? I live in a suburb just west of the city :)
    @momma6angels11 Friday will be here before you know it! (now I just need to tell myself that) Any intuition on what gender babies are?
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @halips i think baby a is a boy and baby b is a girl, but we will see!! Just a couple more days and it will be here!! I hope all goes great on your first ultrasound!!
  • Options
    @halips I've never been to Chicago so I'm really looking forward to it.  I've been looking up stuff do to when I have down time at work and there seems to be a ton!  And lots of good food!

Good luck in your ultrasound this Friday.  Hopefully you'll get to see a heartbeat.
  • Options
    7 weeks 4 days. Due April 23rd
    2.What Oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
    Tiredness, frequent urination and a little sore breast.
    Had a scan today and have one 9/13/17 also
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? Ultrasound sound went good today. Baby hb was 145, measuring 1.26 cm. 
    QOTW: Any babymoons planned? Our anniversary is Dec 28th and we will be going somewhere then just not quite sure where yet.
  • Options
    8 wks 1 day

So much nausea at all times! No vomiting though, thankful for that. Exhaustion as well. Being active helps and eating all the carbs (I'm with you, @meredithj123

9/13, in a week

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I was having a lot of anxiety about losing this pregnancy but that gets better day by day. 

QOTW:  Any babymoons planned? Not yet but I hope to!

• Options
    1) How far along are you? 6 weeks 6 days
    2) which pregnant symptoms are you experiencing? Exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, increased sense of smell
    3) When is your next appointment? Sept 12th is my first ultrasound
    4) Anything else? Nope 
    QOTW: no babymoon planned! 
  • Options

- 7 weeks , April 23

-Nausea all the time with some vomiting, tender breasts, bloating (I can't tell if it just the progesterone, carb intake or a itty bitty bump), and continued cramping everyday after work. I am attributing this to running around too much (Joys of a Social Worker.) 

I have a radiology appt 9/8 for U/S!! 
    Intake appt with OB on 9/15. 

Our RE is not operating with a full staff because of Harvey flooding. They are primarily seeing patients beginning or in middle of treatments. All week I have been coordinating care between their office and my OB and I finally got approvals for extra scans and labs through the 1st Trimester! I am so relieved. 

QOTW:  Any baby moons planned?
    I am thinking about taking a Christmas vacation   to Orlando or Gatlingburg with my 10yr DD. Does that count? DH is off playing army! 

@meredithj123, I'm glad I am not the only one who wants carbs!!! And Salads! A healthy balance, right? I'm so excited that you got your U/S done at a specialty shop and paid almost nothing!! 
  • Options
    @Prayingfor2 ugh its the worst! i feel like i've been eating mac and cheese for days but its the only thing that sounds good! 

I stocked up on all things ginger last night and it's really helped so far!
  • Options
    @Prayingfor2  how did your u/s go today?

AFM: Got to see baby's heartbeat today, but tech couldn't get a bpm read because baby is hiding in a corner and was being very uncooperative. Hoping next week's appt is a little easier :)
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    Prayingfor2Prayingfor2 member
    edited September 2017
    @meredithj123 OMG talk about some velvetta shells!! Mmmm! 

@halipsThe U/S went awesome!! Because it was in the MTF radiology department, it was a lot less personal then I was expecting but the information was the same.
    ONE little baby, right smack in the middle of my uterus just like DD was. HR was 154. I was so surprised to see what looked like a baby. Head, heart and body at 7.3 (based on LMP.) My DD U/S at 7.2 wks was two foggy circles with a teeny flutter of a heart. 

My husband was was so excited to get the picture he posted it on Facebook! Way earlier than I anticipated telling the Facebook community but since our closest friends knew about our MFI he wanted to share the news sooner than later so people weren't questioning my faithfulness. Lol

Im glad you got to see HB at least, @halips
    When is your next scan?
  • Options
    @halips im glad your ultrasound went great!! My guess for the genders was right on! Baby A is a BOY and surely liked showing it off!! Lol! Baby B is a GIRL!
  • Options
    Kinda late to join, but hope everyone is doing well! 

9 weeks, 3 days
    Hunger.  I'm starving like I haven't had anything to eat all day just two hours after a huge meal.  I eat three times a day and two snacks in between.  I'm happy that I have no food aversion or nausea as I am pre-diabetic and meal planning is already a nightmare (carb restrictions). And I guess a bit of insomnia but not sure if this is more to do with progesterone supplement.
    Next Thursday for my 10w1d
    How long did you continue your estrogen/progesterone support?  My RE told me to wean off starting last week, and completely stop at 9 weeks.  I was afraid of stopping so soon, so I continued full dose (two vivelle patches every other day, two progestrone suppositories every day) through 9 week 0 days, and now I'm doing half-dose.  Should I stop at 10 weeks? 11 weeks? 
    Planning a road trip up to Portland with DH and my family in late October.  I will be past 12 weeks by then, so they will know why I no longer eat raw fish/meat :)
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @meredithj123- A trip to Australia!  I'm really jealous! I was originally planning a trip to Japan in October with DH but when I went to Korea last month for work, I experienced the worst jet lag of my life!  So I decided to not go anywhere far for my babymoon.  Though now that  I think about it, I think it may have been a pregnancy symptom (or progesterone side effect).  Australia sounds so nice. I'd love to go snorkeling there (and see the koalas and kangaroos).

@MMD1986- We have our OB appointments on the same day!  Kinda feeling happy and sad at the same time for leaving the RE's office.  

@momma6angels11- Congrats on your boy/girl twin and moving onto the second trimester!

@halips- Congrats on seeing the heartbeat!  It's really something.  I'm hoping for a more defined image for my next u/s as so far I've only seen a blob on the u/s screen with heartbeat.

@rel_1987- Congrats on your u/s!

@picklepie84- Hoping nausea lets up soon.  Nice that carbs help you a bit.  Oh I so want carbs...

@jfeeney06- Excited for your u/s next week!  Hopefully your nausea/vomiting stops soon...

@Prayingfor2- So cool that you got to see a baby.  For my 8week appointment, I saw a blob (or more like two foggy circles as you've described).  Hoping to see a more defined baby next time.
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @cashewchicken thank you and my Re is having me take progesterone until the end of the 12th week.
  • Options
    @cashewchicken my RE had me stop my estrogen/progesterone the day of my last appointment with him. So at 9 weeks 4 days. 
  • Options
    ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited September 2017
    Hi everyone, I've check out my BMB but I this place feels like a better fit for me. We're finally pregnant after 28 cycles (including 6 IUIs and 2 mini-IVF rounds). It feels surreal. 

1. 4w5d, May 14th 2018
     2.  I'm feeling nervous, maybe some of you can help me out. About a week after my day5 transfer, I was having ALL the symptoms, severe bloating, exhaustion, headache, mild nausea. It's gradually gotten better, to where I have practically no symptoms at all at this point. Is that normal for this early? My beta was good at 10dp5dt  at 211 so my RE doesn't want to do another beta, so I'm here waiting and wondering until my 7 week ultrasound.
     3. Next appointment is 9/26 for 7 week ultrasound! It feels so far away.
     4. Nothing else, just trying not to worry. 
     QOTW:  Any babymoons planned? None, we did all out traveling during infertility because I needed distractions. We're staying put for a while :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    7wk5d, due April 24th after a fresh IVF transfer
    Exhaustion and some queasiness. Luckily I haven't actually puked yet.
    Not until next Wednesday! Seems so far away after weekly ultrasounds.
    We saw a heartbeat on Wednesday (7wk1d) and I am slowly starting to feel optimistic about this pregnancy. But still pretty nervous.
    Not at the moment but we will probably plan something for the Spring
  • Options
    @ReesaAnne16  Congrats on your pregnancy! I didn't do IVF so I can't comment on how you felt after but with IUI I did the trigger shot and I felt awful my first round. The pregnancy symptoms were super exaggerated. I didn't start feeling pregnant until this week (7). Ive been nauseated and very tired with food aversions. My DH was going to miss the first Ultrasound so we opted to go to an ultrasound place at 6w3d. It only cost $40 and we were able to see the heartbeat. I've read mixed reviews regarding ultrasound places as they aren't run by doctors, multiple extended ultrasounds may be harmful etc. but this early on all I cared about was seeing something and a heartbeat. So if you're worried why not check out that option?

To everyone else congrats on the US and especially the BG twins!! (kinda jealous, I wanted twins!)
  • Options
    Thank you @meredithj123 it makes me feel better to know that other people haven't had many symptoms at this point yet either.
    I just found out my best friend is pregnant too! When I told her our IVF had worked and I'm 4 1/2 weeks she was so excited and then told me that she had just had her 8 week ultrasound!!! How amazing! I'm so excited to be pregnant together, but then also more nervous that if I have a MC then she will still be pregnant and that will be hard on our relationship. I'm going to be breathing better once both of us are out of the first trimester. 

TTC #1 since June 2015 
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Lurking*** @ReesaAnne16 I am so darn happy for your BFP. you have had such a long road. I've been rooting for you and following your journey. Also it is totally normal for your symptoms to come and go. (though I get how it messes with your head) 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    wabash15 said:
    Lurking*** @ReesaAnne16 I am so darn happy for your BFP. you have had such a long road. I've been rooting for you and following your journey. Also it is totally normal for your symptoms to come and go. (though I get how it messes with your head) 
    Aww thanks @wabash15 !! It is so nice to be remembered and thought of :) I'm still in utter shock, really.
    I was picking up my crinone (yay for no more PIO shots!!) and the pharmacist said "congratulations" and I got the goofiest grin on my face... it made my day :)

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• Options
    **lurking**
    zomg Happiest congratulations @ReesaAnne16!!!!  I've been surreptitiously following you for the last year or so since I pulled back from ttgp, and I am so so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!  You have had such a long journey, I love seeing your bfp.  I know it's early and you're anxious, but I am sending you so many thoughts and prayers for a great first scan and happy and healthy 9 months!  <3
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Hey @whiska !! It's so great to see old TTGP girls here!
    I had to step away from TTGP for the last 6 months or so, it just wasn't a good fit for me any more. I tried to follow some of the graduation threads, but honestly too many 1-2 month trying BFPs for me, it was too hard. I debated going back to post there but I think all the people I know have moved on to IF thread or gotten their BFPs. 

Yay!! how far along are you?? Did you have many symptoms in the first few weeks? I honestly WISH the nausea would kick in and I would feel better (Ironic right?) in the meantime I'm just eating anything my body wants and "storing up" for when the nausea kicks in. 

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• Options
    @ReesaAnne16 Add another to the I was following your story in TTGP and am so excited to see you have your BFP!! Congrats!!! We were going through the start of IUI treatment together and I kept checking each month to see if you had been successful. So excited for you!! As for nausea, I actually didn't have any. It's not common in my family to have any, but it makes it hard to relax without having any symptoms.
  • Options
    Yay! Hi @persnickity !! I can't believe your baby is already here! Time goes by so fast in some ways, wow! 
    Thanks for the reassurance about the nausea. Normally I'm a pretty nauseous person, and anxiety makes me nauseous, but I've haven't had any nausea yet... maybe I'll be as lucky as you! :) 

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• Options
    @ReesaAnne16 I found out a really good friend was pregnant 1 week before I got my bfp. I'll be honest that I was really upset after trying so long and she did it first try... but it's pretty wonderful to be pregnant together. Just wanted to say that I too worry a lot about having a MC and she delivering a healthy baby and how that would affect our friendship. One day at a time, I suppose! Congrats on your bfp! 
  • Options
    @ReesaAnne16 time seems to go so slowly when we're trying to get pregnant, then so quickly once they're here. Hopefully you can enjoy the pregnancy journey with your friend. It's nice to have someone close in real life.