Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk and Questions Thread Week of 9/4

13»

Re: Chart Stalk and Questions Thread Week of 9/4

• Options
    @jaylii. A lot of users are on mobile, so it's helpful if you can screenshot your chart and post a pic in the body, since we can't see siggys on mobile...
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Oh, sorry! Here it is!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jaylii. Yeah, so lots of things can impact temps.  You posted two days of "illness"?  What was that?  FF moved it because while the first rise may appear more similar to your previous cycles, the subsequent rise is much more pronounced, and it's interpreting that as the true shift.  The rise on day 14 is still more in line with the earlier temps because 14-15 the temp kind of stalls (possibly O was delayed a bit by the illness?) and <i>then</i> FF sees the true shift.  Plus, that huge jump that happened this morning is helping FF reset the coverline more appropriately.

Bodies are fluid and changing all the time so try not to get hung up on a certain day you ovulate every cycle like clockwork.  14-16 is really not all that different, and you have a charted reason why it might have been delayed.  Also, the EWCM on day 15 is evidence that you may NOT have yet ovulated on CD14, afterall.  Try to just wait and see how it goes, but even if it stays at cd16 this month, you have -2 timing, which is the best day!  GL!!!
  • Options
    *snipped*
     but even if it stays at cd16 this month, you have -2 timing, which is the best day!  GL!!!

---------------
    Ugh... stuck in quote box, but curious, how did you get -2 timing?  Wouldn't that be -3?  Or because it was in the PM are you counting it towards the next day?  Just curious because if that were my chart I'd say it was -3 timing.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Oh, youre right.  I was still pretty tired this morning when I was lookong at that
  • Options
    @businesswife ah ok, yeah one never knows what I'll think/say before I've had enough coffee :D 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @BusinessWife The illness is that I've had a cold the past two days. My CM on Monday was both watery and egg white but less than the previous days. I had a ton of EW over the weekend and it's been creamy the last few days. 

I don't believe I ovulate on the same day every month but am hoping my BD timing was better than -3. MH left Saturday for a two week trip. 
  • Options
    @jaylii honestly I think it could go either way. If this month isn't your month I'd def reco using OPKs since they can be the tie breaker in this scenario. Also try to start temping earlier - I think if FF had more pre-O data it would be easier for it to determine. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">lurvleybunchococonuts</a> said:</div>
    <div>@businesswife ah ok, yeah one never knows what I'll think/say before I've had enough coffee :D </div>
    </blockquote>
    And I can't even have more than one small cup a day since I'm stimming.  That part is probably what's killing me lol

@jaylii. Don't despair! ❤ lots of women get *ku with such timing!  It's basically pointless to try splitting hairs at this point - you obviously Did Ovulate, so that's the important part!  And whether it turned out to be -1 or -2 or -3 is more or less insignificant.  You boned. ;)  and between his trip and your body doing whatever it does, there's nothing you could have done about those things!  Fx whatever you got is all it takes! (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    @BusinessWife ugh... the lack of coffee sounds brutal, although compared to all the stabbing with needles, etc I'm sure that's not even the worst part.  But the hopeful end result makes is so worth it :) all my fingers and toes and limbs are crossed for you girl!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @BusinessWife Thanks for the support and making me laugh (you boned haha)

@doxiemoxie212 Thanks for your thoughts. I'll try opks next cycle!
  • Options
    Hello ladies! 

I asked this in WTO but thought I could get more opinions/information here...has anyone used the Target Up & Up BBT? I just bought it today after getting weird temps on a reg dig and then read reviews that it favors temps. Do you have a favorite BBT?

TYIA!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke A lot of ladies on here use the Mabis (usually around $8). I have an iSnow Med because I missed the Mabis memo, but it's more pricey and not necessarily any better.
  • Options
    @krashke I would say just try it out and see how it works for you.  I ha e always used a basic CVS brand bbt, so that's likely similar, and have had no problems!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife There does seem to be a BBT response to the meds. I think you're onto something. I hope you get even more follies this time!

@lulu1180 That Bill Nye gif is awesome. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    krashke said:
    Hello ladies! 

I asked this in WTO but thought I could get more opinions/information here...has anyone used the Target Up & Up BBT? I just bought it today after getting weird temps on a reg dig and then read reviews that it favors temps. Do you have a favorite BBT?

TYIA!
    I've definitely heard that about the Target Brand. I have the CVS Brand.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I posted this in WTO but I will ask here as well...

*TMI* I'm having some weird spotting...brownish/purple mixed with pretty wet/stretchy cm.  I'd think it was ovulation spotting because that's what it sounds like..but if it is, this would be the earliest BY FAR I've ever O'd before (well since coming off BC a year ago).  Last cycle my O date was CD20.  If this is O-spotting I'm super pissed, as I pretty much missed the entire fertile window without even knowing it... and if it isn't then wtf is it?  Old blood from AF?  AF definitely stopped on CD 5, and then I was pretty dry/sticky until yesterday when CM got creamier.  I orgasmed on Friday night (no intercourse though) and then on Saturday morning I saw a few speckles of the brown, and then way more today with the stretchy/wet (not quite slippery though) cm.  This is really more of a rant...but also would love some advice if anybody has experienced this before?  *TW* Especially if anybody has had a history of cervical abnormalities (or LEEP procedure) *END TW* .... must go hop into the sack in case this is really O.  I had a negative OPK this morning, going to go take another one in a few minutes to see if there is a surge happening.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 that's sort of what my O spotting looks like. I also spot at other times but typically it's creamy if outside my FW. Basically, the spotting does not in any way affect the consistency/texture of my CM. But for me it doesn't mean I've already O'd it just means I will v soon (just like reg EW/W CM). 

You also could have benign cysts on your cervix that can cause some bleeding after sex or examining your CP etc. An orgasm shouldn't affect it, they need friction to pop. They're NBD. My doc found some during my annual and she.... I don't know, did the more medical sounding word for "popped" them. :) but they should realistically only cause a small amount of bleeding. 
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 So, sometimes bodies can be weird and you could have fertile CM well before O (TW has happened to me both post-loss cycles but it could happen for any reason or no reason end TW). If you usually get a positive OPK and haven't had one yet this cycle you may have a few more days regardless, but HIO seems like the best idea, jic. 

I had a LEEP... idk like 3.5 years ago? I had an IUD in at the time and didn't have regular cycles on the IUD, so idk how it impacted my cycle. However, it was overall a more physically traumatizing experience than my OBGYN indicated it would be. It hurt and bled more than what he had said it would, and even though I was cleared at my two week follow-up to resume "normal activities" including sex, when DH (then my bf) and I tried, I bled a TON and we ended up not trying again for like three more weeks. Have you had a LEEP recently? 
  • Options
    Thanks @doxiemoxie212 I've had O-spotting that looks very similar to this in the past and it was also a few days before a temp rise (yes after the initial panic, I am just remembering this now.... *bsc*) so fx that I still have a few good days for BD this cycle.

*potential TW*

@zamora_spin my LEEP was exactly a year ago - I can't say how it affected my cycle 100% because I decided to stop BCP at the same time that I received my diagnosis...but I had the same experience you are describing...so much more traumatic and painful as the doctor said it would be, and it took me so much longer to recover than anybody anticipated.  In the middle of my recovery, I had a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst which did little to help the situation either.  I included this in my post because dr. google says that mid-cycle spotting can be caused by cervical abnormalities.. all my abnormalities were removed but I'm forever terrified if I have to go through that again because it really was traumatic for me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 there are lots of reasons you can get a bit of occasional spotting.  Try not to worry. ❤ since it's been a year, why don't you go in for a repeat pap to put your mind at ease?
  • Options
    Seconding the repeat pap if it's been a year.
    I know "new" medical recommendations say you don't need a pap more than every 3 years, but that's ridiculous and as long as your insurance covers an annual pap smear  (and most all of them still do), I suggest getting them.

Did you get your pap redone 6 months after your LEEP? I had a biopsy done a few years ago because of an abnormal pap smear and they told me to have it redone in 6 months regardless of the results from the biopsy.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Not a chart stalk, but I do have a question for all you lovely ladies.  

A little background info first:
    I came of BC on AUG 07.  I had my first withdrawl bleed about a week later.  I began using OPK's in early SEP.  I received "high fertility" on a CB advanced OPK on SEP 10 & 11.  I then received "peak" fertility on SEP 12.  My temp also increased on SEP 13 (which you would think confirmed O).  

On the 13th - the day following my supposed O - I began spotting.  This continued for about 4 days.  I hesitate to consider it AF as it was *TMI* old blood, and not as heavy as AF usually is.  The spotting has gone away now.  I'm not sure if I should count that as AF, or what?!  I have so far, but if that really was the case, I had zero LP....

So, in a nut shell, I'm really not sure what's going on.  Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated!

Me: 25 │DH: 27
    Married: 05/27/2017
    TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• Options
    @josteele91 sounds like the mid cycle spotting I had. You should make an appt with your OB to rule out anything like fibroids or something more serious. Spotting mid cycle is not great, from my experience and what I've seen from others here. This month acupuncture has gotten rid of it though. But I also don't have any apparent cause for it from testing done with my OB. 
  • Options
    @josteele91 I agree with @doxiemoxie212 that it sounds like mid-cycle spotting. Since you just came off BC I wouldn't worry to much about it yet. Did your temp ever drop back below your coverline? You might just kind of have to wait and see. Keep temping, keep HIO, if your temps are below the coverline start OPKs again.  
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @josteele91 Did your temps drop with the spotting you had, or did they stay high? Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but, at least for me, if temps stay high I think it's likely just spotting.
  • Options
    doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited September 2017
    @darkstar42 mid luteal estrogen surges are pretty common, they're what cause non-pregnant "implantation" dips in charts, and for some (like me), cause mid-cycle spotting. So sometimes temp will drop along with just spotting, but temp will shoot back up. So I agree if it's a sustained drop it's more likely AF. 
  • Options
    josteele91josteele91 member
    edited September 2017
    @josteele91 Did your temps drop with the spotting you had, or did they stay high? Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but, at least for me, if temps stay high I think it's likely just spotting.
    They stayed high, but not by a very big margin.
    TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• Options
    @josteele91 I agree with @doxiemoxie212 that it sounds like mid-cycle spotting. Since you just came off BC I wouldn't worry to much about it yet. Did your temp ever drop back below your coverline? You might just kind of have to wait and see. Keep temping, keep HIO, if your temps are below the coverline start OPKs again.  
    Thanks, I was thinking it could have something to do with my body trying to get back into it's natural rhythm...  I will keep an eye on it though.  Thank you for all the advice!! 
    TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• Options
    @BusinessWife and @izza2 I had a follow up pap in April which was all clear so I shouldn't really be worrying...but you know, sometimes you just can't help it.  It works a little differently in Canada.  Our Medicare won't cover paps annually anymore unless you have a history of abnormality, they only cover a pap every 3 years for regular patients. Even if you ask for a pap, you won't get it.  My OBGYN literally said to me "don't let anybody deny you a pap annually, make sure they know you've had a LEEP." Unfortunately public health is now having a hard time trying to make a case for annual STI testing because people associate paps with STI testing and don't necessarily understand the difference.  The whole thing is a bit bongo - I mean, I went from completely normal cells to high grade dysplasia in two years and I am relatively low risk (3 doses of Gardisil, one sexual partner, pretty young, regular paps and no history of abnormal pap...) *shrug*.  I'm pretty passionate about public health so I'll be monitoring what happens with this new generation of women who got Gardisil as part of their school immunizations and have never known anything other than the 3 year pap cycle.  
    BabyFruit Ticker