TTC after 35
Options

TTCA35 weekly check-in: 9/5/17

Heyhey everyone, hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about fall?

Re: TTCA35 weekly check-in: 9/5/17

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Last week of birth control ! yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): HSG was last friday- tubes are clear.... waiting now for Mandell's pharmacy to call me with a price quote on the gonal f, ovidrel and crinone 8%

i LOVE fall and all the holidays- i've already started looking at holiday recipes since I am low carb and need to adjust some things 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):   WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Currently taking PNV, maca, and fish oil.  Going to add coq10 to me and DH's regimen.

Rants/Raves
    :  Exhausted from the weekend and feeling it today.  I'm feeling really positive about life right now.  Puppy is starting to initiate going potty by hanging out at the back door to the back yard.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about fall?  Every single thing!!! my favorite season!

we are going camping at the end of the month and then having a patio party at our house beginning of Oct.  Our 8th anniversary is Oct. 3rd.  We are going to do family photos this season.  pumpkin farm and decorating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Look a break from fertility treatments, will start back the next cycle.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD15 / 1DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Normal pre-natal, Vit D, folic acid. Already completed all fertility testing, only conclusion is not always ovulating. Unexplained infertility. Doing a couple more medicated cycles before considering IVF. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about fall? Cooler weather and fun holidays!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 - crinone was very expensive for me in my insurance company.  I found a compounding pharmacy that made prog suppositories for $2 a pill.  Made it really affordable and they didn't take my insurance.
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO IUI #5 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD6

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): IUI #5 with femera gonal F and ovidril also taking prenatal coseq10 vitamin d

Rants/Raves
    : people not understanding how emotional this journey is. The comments i get are just rude

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about fall? Everything I love the smell of everything pumpkin and spice and decorating and mums and the crisp air. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29 said:
    @harleyquinn0621 - crinone was very expensive for me in my insurance company.  I found a compounding pharmacy that made prog suppositories for $2 a pill.  Made it really affordable and they didn't take my insurance.
    did you need a separate prescription for that? 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    vlagrl29 said:
    did you need a separate prescription for that? 
    My doctors nurse phoned it in so yeah I did.
  • Options
    Hi! I just posted an intro post but wanted to jump in and say hiiii! 

@vlagrl29 - - talk to me about maca.  I asked on TTGP, but didn't get much insight. I've read it can help normalize cycles, but that you shouldn't take it while pregnant (seems like mixed messages).  Do you think it helps?

@Labluver2 - - i'm sorry about all the comments.  people can be really insensitive or just stupid sometimes. if anything, the TTC process (and knowing people who have had unexplained IF) has taught me not to ask anyone about whether they are having kids. 

:  WTO / Just O'd

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 16

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): PNV, trying to avoid SS'ing.

Rants/Raves

Questions for the group: 
    What are your best tips to avoid all SS during the TWW?!

I'm so not ready for fall. We moved this summer, so I feel like I didn't even get a summer!
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited September 2017
    @marcus7676 - maca can naturally adjust your hormones.  I'm not taking it for that because I had all my fertility tests done and they are all normal range.  I take it because it gives me energy.  Pros - increased sex drive, natural energy boost, enhanced good mood, increased sperm for men so my DH takes it too.  It's a super food from a peruvian root.  And no you are not supposed to take it when pregnant so if I ever did get pregnant I would take a B complex for the energy aspect.

I'm going to the vitamin store today and get some CoQ10 for both of us and an extra folate supplement for me to take in addition to my PNV which has folic acid in it.

All this research on supplements I've had to do myself because my OB knows nothing about supplements and I'd rather go this route than clomid at the present moment.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29  interesting, thank you! All of those pros sound like something that I could benefit from.  With all the pros, what are the cons?  Also, I feel like most OB knows nothing about supplements - - they immediately jump to drugs.

• Options
    @marcus7676 - I don't think there are cons.  Because it's a super food every few months you should take a short break from it.  I've linked this before but below is a good website to get natural ideas from.

https://natural-fertility-info.com/

• Options
    @marcus7676 welcome to the board!
  • Options

: prepping for round 4 IVF

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD1

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):
    Go in for ultrasound tomorrow CD2 to see if I'm cleared to go right into another IVF cycle or if I need to wait due to a cyst, etc. taking prenatal, vitamin D
    Rants/Raves
    : turning 43 today- it's kind of a rant and a rave all in one given the whole TTC thing...

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about fall? Definitely the leaves and great food.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea  Happy Birthday!!!! 

@marcus7676 welcome!
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Thanks @harleyquinn0621! It's so exciting you're on your last week of BCP!!!
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with Mandell's pharmacy and i just about died... $900 o.O $400 of that was the crinone so i've called my dr office to see if they can sub that out for something..... crazy! 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 that's crazy!!!! They wanted 1200 at first for gonal F I almost had a stroke thankfully my insurance covers it if it's mail ordered we end up paying 35 for it I think it comes to 70 with the ovidril. Hopefully your dr can work something out its bad enough the cost if the treatments and the stress.
  • Options
    Yep I thought so @harleyquinn0621

my insurance approved the 4% but not the 8% - at the approved one I'd fill my script ded for the year which was $150 and then spend the $35 co pay all additional months. But then double that because I needed the 8% not 4.

id recommend calling the prescription dept of your ins company to find an approved suppostory and get all the details.  Honestly have your nurse find a compounding lab that can make prog suppositories because that's your best bet financially. Crinone is so expensive!

come to find out I went thru that headache for nothing because my prog levels are normal.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Labluver2 @vlagrl29 my insurance will cover the IUIs but not the injectables unfortunately- i will call them and see what kind of progesterone suppositories might be covered tho bc that is crazy ..... i don't mind spending like $50 or whatever but $400 for a 15 day supply is just insane  

today has been a rough day bc it was my due date.. i've been trying to focus on work and the upcoming cycle but i can't wait for the day to be over
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    I'm sorry for the stress and due date @harleyquinn0621 this stuff can be so expensive.
  • Options
    I talked to my dr office- they're going to switch me to progesterone in oil injections which my insurance will cover for a $5 copay ....I know it's an intramuscular injection but for $5 I'll deal with it!
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621- glad you found a much better solution