2»

Re: TWW 9/5

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 29/ 11

Timing: -2-101

Typical LP Length: 14ish

Testing: TOO MANY  I NEED TO STOP

R/R: 

CS/Q: I am an emotional mess right now. I felt some cramping and I'm sure I'm seconds away from AF. Convinced once again this was the month. I have a phone appt with my doctor next Tuesday (their recommendation since it hasn't been a year)  I have so many questions but also don't know what to ask. WWYD/ask? 

GTKY: If you could be any fictional character (book, movie, or TV) who would you want to be and why?

Dani from GOT. She somehow has amazing hair and skin even in those conditions. Plus, mother of dragons
  • Loading the player...
  • jamiem522jamiem522 member
    edited September 2017
    @zamora_spin @tamalahoops Thanks for the advice ladies. I know a year is protocol and being patient is important.

Also, how to I make things pop up as SPOILER so people don't have to read if they would like to skip?

******TW******* Pregnancy mentioned

My DS is 22 MO and still BF pretty often, I'm concerned that my progesterone is low. We have TTC since AF came back. I have been charting CM/CP recently OPK and will temp this month. I was very lucky to only have 3 months of TTC before BFP with my DS. So while there is no medical condition, I would like to be aware of where my Progesterone levels are while I'm nursing and if that would be a concern. AF did come today so this is now cycle 6. 

• @lulu1180 Thank you for showing me how to add that! 

I appreciate all of your advice. IMO speaking with my DR about TTC and concerns I have after 6 cycles isn't something wrong to do- really at any point. I am lucky to work really hard for good insurance and I want to use whatever resource I can if I have questions. Maybe because AF is here but I'm feeling really crappy about this but I'm sure I'm not alone. I just want to get as much information I can and keep trying until that BFP. 
  • josie12367josie12367 member
    edited September 2017

Insurance...ugh...I can see an endocrinologist but can't see a reproductive endocrinologist because it's "reproductive"....Whaaa? Insurance tends to hate our uterus

Edit because I wanted to add that I just noticed this was yesterday's tww and not today's...My bad

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @jamiem522

Breastfeeding stuff in spoiler:

Check out TCOYF...I think she mentions a but about breastfeeding and achieving pregnancy. Also check out kellymom.com It's a highly regarded breastfeeding site that may have info about weaning and hormones and such. 

Night times feeds are the most important ones to wean from first because they stimulate prolactin more than any other time. If you have an early morning session, that one should be weaned next for the same reason, or at least shorten it gradually. 

Weaning will definitely be their first suggestion as prolactin can definitely screw with ovulation. If you want to discuss further, my inbox is always open
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• lulu1180 said:
    *lurking*
    @jamiem522 I'm not a doctor but if your progesterone levels are low due to BF what do you think your doctor is going to do?  It was already mentioned that progesterone supplements are not recommended for women still BF.  Quite honestly, I feel like your doctor will most likely tell you to cut down your BF sessions

Also, I know TTC can be hard and I understand wanting to be proactive but as others above have mentioned, there's a reason they suggest waiting a full year before seeing a doctor for possible fertility issues and quite honestly I wouldn't start freaking out until you're a bit closer to that mark.

ETA for future reference, the spoiler button is here and when you use it, please be sure to mention why it's spoilered/TW'd

• TW PREGNANCY MENTIONED:

First of all, I needed to take a break from all things media for a few days so sorry to not reply.
    I'm sorry if the insurance comment came off rude, but that's the shitty thing about internet. I meant that we have searched for work that allows good coverage PERIOD, not just if, for our family because we couldn't afford it out of pocket. I didn't think speaking to by OB means that I was looking for IF treatment. I wanted to have a conversation about TTC and BF/LP. Just because my child is almost TWO doesn't mean I need to stop. Also, plenty of woman get BFP while BF and then tandem nurse. 
    I know these boards are used for a lot of compare/contrast/sharing stuggles and everyone is here for help and support, but trying to one up someone of their struggle doesn't help anyone, it hurts them. I'm sorry for anyone that has been TTC or had loss but that doesn't mean that my personal struggles aren't a lot for ME to handle. Yes, I am being impatient after 5 months but I'm concerned and scared and anxious. 
    My OP was just if anyone had recs on questions and really the response was less what I had hoped and I personally felted attacked, maybe internet or just the memes? Hmm.. 
    This doesn't really feel like my crew after all because I really don't like to attack people or harp on someone that has said they are emotional and upset. I do wish you all the best and hope you all move on to BMB soon!