Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check In Week September 4th

Joslynj11Joslynj11 member
edited September 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

**PS I am posting from my tablet so I will update EDD tomorrow when I'm back at work**

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive! 

QOTW: What is your favorite comfort food or activity?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with a little girl
@latershrader EDD 9/12/17 with a little boy 
@srh18 9/22/17 with triplet boys!!!
@EmilyE13 EDD 9/28/17 with a little girl
@ChocolateIsLife  EDD 10/21/17 with a little girl
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with boy/girl twins! 
@Joslynj11 EDD 10/26/17 with a little girl 
@PolythenePam EDD 10/31/17 with a little boy
@hopeby2015  EDD 10/31/17 with twin boys!
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with a little girl
@sasha29-2  EDD 11/18 with a little boy

We are all so anxious to hear your updates and birth stories @omarismyhomeboy and @latershrader! I hope everything went great and you both are recovering with your little ones finally in your arms!!
Me: 29 DH:38
First RE Consult 3/9/2016
IVF ER 5/5/2016
23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
Transfer canceled OHSS
FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
*Praying that 3 is our charm*

Re: 3rd Trimester Check In Week September 4th

• Can't wait to hear about the newest littles!! Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend :)

32 weeks and feeling good! I have some major energy so I'm driving my husband insane by starting cleaning projects. 

QOTW oh man... mashed potatoes haha. It was even my drunk food in college. Comfort activity would be bubble baths or watching movies when the Christmas lights are up- add a fire in the fire place and I'm the happiest person ever. Add mashed potatoes and you'd be my favorite person ;) also just like fires in general, can't wait to have a glass of wine by our fire pit after the baby is here :)
  • 29w4d over here! Just had our baby shower on Saturday! Lots of fun and gifts, and I feel very grateful to have finally experienced our own baby shower- something I often wondered would ever come. :)

My swelling is definitely getting worse. I've started wearing compression socks, but not sure if they're helping yet. Basically dealing with swelling/numbness/pain in feet and hands, and occasionally my jaw. All this makes for a tough time sleeping. I have a dr appt on Thursday, so I'll be sure to ask if everything looks ok.

QOTW: basically anything I see anyone else eating (even on TV)... I'll want. LOL
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey everyone! Sorry I went MIA last week but I caught an awful cold and felt even more uncomfortable than usual. :/ I did lurk and keep up with everyone's updates. Can't wait to hear about the new babies!! 

Still baking my boys, 29+3 today! Soooooo close to the 30 week mark and I am so freaking excited about it. I am steadily getting more and more uncomfortable. I swear the bump is growing overnight now. I was able to come home as of Wednesday of last week, so I have been enjoying the change of scenery. Symptoms haven't changed much, gross swollen gums and terrible acne (face, neck, chest, back...yuck. I've never had body acne before and it's rough. Praying it goes away once I have the babies--does anyone know if it will???) I'm also up peeing every hour to hour and a half now at night which is zero percent fun. I just keep reminding myself that all this discomfort is what's best for my babies, and that it will be such a short blip in my life that it won't really matter anyways. 

QOTW--I love ice cream and cheese. My hospital nutritionist advised me to consume dairy to increase my caloric intake, so I'm taking it and running with it as I've been dairy free since October of last year as a way of managing my PCOS. Now I'm eating about 12 pounds of cheese a day and I'm not hating it lol. I also had this terrible desire for hot pockets last week...and then ate four of them on Friday. Yep. Hot pockets. Haha. 

@Polythene Pam Can't. Wait. To. Drink. Wine. I want someone to smuggle some into the hospital for me lol. Congrats on 32 weeks!

@LeFemmeViolette so happy you were able to enjoy your shower!! I love all of these milestones I never thought I would reach. Sorry about the swelling. How's your bp? Any concerns about preeclampsia? Dramatic swelling is a symptom, glad to hear you have an appt soon. Hopefully it's just a normal but annoying pregnancy symptom. 
  • Hello everyone.  32 weeks tomorrow but I was admitted to the hospital early Sunday morning.  I woke up to what I thought was my lack of bladder control.  It turns out it was actually my water breaking.  Now I'm stuck her until the babies come out.  We are hoping I can get to 34 weeks.  Thankfully, they gave me steroids, and magnesium to stop the contractions.  We are taking it day by day now.  Pray we get to at least 34 weeks!  I've been so silly this entire of, thinking I would make it to at least 36 w.  Goes to show what I know.

QOTW:  right now, hot pockets sounds heavenly!  So does a glass of wine!  I think I'll take any type of junk food - I'm not too picky. Lol!  

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • srh18srh18 member
    edited September 2017
    @hopeby2015 oh no!! I'm glad you got the steroids and hoping the mag keeps your contractions under control. How are you feeling on it? I know it makes a lot of women feel absolutely horrible. I agree that 34 Weeks would be a blessing, but 32 is also really really good. We met with our NICU team (drs and surgeons) last week and they gave us stats for different gestations. 32 weekers may need some feeding/growing help and maybe some breathing help (but if you get both steroid shots their lungs could very well be fine), but otherwise tend to do extremely well.  I know it still sucks when it isn't what you planned and would definitely mean NICU time, which is a special kind of unfortunate. Has your NICU team talked to you guys yet? Praying those babies stay baking for a while and you hit 34+!! 
  • @srh18 BP has been good! I have a BP monitor at home and have been checking daily. Generally it's been around 120/80.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @srh18 - thanks for the kind words!  The mag makes me feel mostly tired, which I kind of like - keeps me sleeping and the contractions seem to stay away more when I sleep for some reason.  We've spoken to resident obs so far and they went over went to expect with premies.  Its definitely not ideal and not at all what we want but we are taking it one day at a time.  Gladly we made 34 weeks today so just 2 more weeks - and I know I may sound crazy but I'm gonna see if I can stay longer than 34 weeks (assuming we make it that far along).  I hope ur enjoying being home!

• @hopeby2015 hugs mama!! Hope those kiddos stay comfortable and stay put, keep us posted ❤️
  • yay! congrats, @latershrader !!!!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @latershrader congrats on your son!! Hope you're all doing well.
  • @srh18 way to go mamma! keep those boys baking. Its great your nearly to 30 weeks. its crazy you'll meet them in 2 weeks
    @hopeby2015 i'm so sorry about the early water breaking. 32 weeks still has a great prognosis. I hope that you can keep those babies cooking a bit longer. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Hi ladies! So sorry for my late check in this week, when holidays fall on Mondays it really slows me down at work so it slows me down here hehe. I am glad I was able to start the thread at least at home pretty easily and please anyone if I messed up your information or need to add anything please just let me know.

As always I am very excited to see everyone's updates and I am very excited to lead our board for the next few weeks. It's so hard to believe that we will all soon be meeting our little ones! A big congrats to @latershrader for welcoming your baby boy on Saturday! So exciting :)

@PolythenePam I wish I can catch that energy you have soon, I have been so lazy as soon as I get home and on the weekends the past couple weeks and I need to get my butt into gear!

@LeFemmeViolette I hope your swelling goes down and that your Dr can give you some tips to help keep it down when you visit on Thursday!

@srh18 so glad to hear that those boys are still baking. I hope they just keep baking and surprise us all with how long they can go!!

@hopeby2015 I am sorry to hear that your water broke early and they admitted you. I really hope your twins can keep cooking too!!

AFM: I am checking in today 32+5 with one little girl who better have a head of hair with the acid reflux and heartburn I have been having the past few weeks ;) Other than that she is still doing great! DH and I had our all day long Birthing Class on Saturday and I think it went great! I feel so much more confident( I guess as confident as I can be as a first time mom) now that we have completed it and I am comfortable with how I would "like" my birth to go. Hopefully things will work out that way. We have a Baby Care class this Thursday and then I think that's it for classes.

QOTW: I love wine and having a nice glass of Rose or red when I need a little liquid comfort  :D Other than that I think my comfort food would be anything that is Italian. Seems to always make me feel better hehe. 
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry

• @latershrader - congrats on the birth of your son!

thank you everyone for the well wishes!

• @latershrader yay congrats!!!! Give him big snuggles for us! ❤️
  • Arg. 3rd trimester hits and my body just goes to shit. :( In addition to swelling/pain/numbness in my hands and feet, and jaw pain, now I have pain in my right butt cheek/thigh which I believe to be sciatica. Waaaaa. Sorry for the vent.
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LeFemmeViolette  I hate to laugh but I feel the same way!  I was going along great til I started with the swelling and it's hard to get up and the sciatica and now this child has decided my ribs are either soccer balls or monkey bars depending on the time of day so the muscle pain there makes it hard to breathe sometimes.  The things we go through!

AFM, checking in at 31 weeks with our little dude due 11/8 :)  As I said, he's decided my ribs are a playground, which is super fun and all but wow, I didn't know muscles there could hurt. We're finishing up our "big budget nesting" as I've been calling it; we got new windows in the house last week and now we're looking at cars; we've both been eyeballing new cars for a while, but now we have a legitimate reason to buy.  I'll miss my old car, but heated seats are gonna be so nice in a couple months!

QOTW: Mac and cheese is my jam.  And I've been giving into my draw toward all things pillow lately, my side of the couch has gone from a standard issue couch to this insane pillow fort that DH just shakes his head at, LOL.

Random question: Is everyone doing birthing classes? I'm on the fence about them, some friends have told me they're invaluable, some have basically said "kid gonna come out one of two ways, you don't get a lot of choice, the nurses will talk you through it, and the internet is a wide and vast resource, so kind of a waste of time. Just tell your doctor ahead of time which way you're leaning on drugs, c-sections, episiotomy, etc."  Thoughts?
  • @sasha29-2 I will update your EDD! As for your question on birthing classes it's funny because me and DH were completely opposite on our opinions. I thought it was helpful and gave me questions to look into and things to expect. I am a first time mom so everything is new for me. DH however thought it was boring and a waste of time haha! We did an all day birthing class last weekend and we have a baby care class tomorrow and then that is it for us. I don't think I can talk him into anymore classes to go to with me haha :D
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN

• @sasha29-2 we did one with my daughter, my husband still feels it was worthless, I felt a *little* more prepared. I did like that it included a hospital tour, but otherwise it went over epidurals, other pain meds, their rates of csections, and a little bit on after baby is born. Our delivery went way different than I expected though and like others said, my nurse/OB talked me through it all. 

So yea i did like the class, would've been fine without it though, and my husband still (4 years later) rips on it for being worthless. Haha hope that helps ;)
  • @sasha29-2 - we took a birthing class with my dd and it was good.  the breathing exercises were completely worthless in my opinion because i had to be induced and the pain was not something i could breathe through.  my dh tried to lead me through it and i wanted to throw him out of a window - lol.  however, even having said that, if i were to do it again, i'd take the class.  i'm the type of person that likes to be prepared the best way i possibly can, particularly with things i have never experienced before.

• @omarismyhomeboy YAY! Congrats!! She's adorable!

AFM, I am officially 30 WEEKS today! And to celebrate... I got diagnosed with a yeast infection. Yay. Everyday pregnancy has a new gift for me...
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @srh18 Bring on all the dairy. Between cheese and ice cream, I'm right there with you. 
    @hopeby2015 I'll be thinking of you and hoping those babies keep cooking. It sounds like you're in great hands. 
    @latershrader Congratulations on your little man!
    @omarismyhomeboy Hooray! June is so so cute. 
    @LeFemmeViolette Ugh so sorry about the lousy symptoms. 

AFM, I'm 37 weeks today with the little girl. It's mind boggling to realize that I'm officially considered full term now. And to mark that momentous occasion, I got a punch/head butt to the bladder at work today on an escalator in full view of lots of people and basically had to crouch down suddenly because I was about to pee myself. Needless to say, there were many concerned/weirded out looks. At least I managed not to pee this time. Overall, walking is getting a lot slower these days. 

QOTW: My go-to comfort food is breakfasty stuff, and I love going to brunch with DH and/or family and friends. Whether it's something eggy or blueberry pancakes, breakfast makes me happy!
  • @omarismyhomeboy SUPER big hugs on the birth of little June. She is amazing!!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Thanks for the birthing class opinions guys!  I'm still on the fence, but given just how incredibly busy we are right up until this kid is set to come, I don't know how we'd squeeze it in anyway (DH is cramming in a TON of work travel between now and our due date so he can stay home with me for a month or two, so he'd likely not even be able to come, and he's the only one going to be in the room with me family-wise, so there's that too).  I guess if a convenient one pops up I'll try to go, but probably not gonna worry about it too much.

@EmilyE13  LOL I know the feeling.  Yesterday I was giving a training to a room full of 25 year olds (mostly men), and kiddo was just all over the place.  There were definitely two or three times my entire belly shifted pretty obviously, and a good portion of the class visibly reacted to it, which was pretty funny to me but I'm sure mostly flummoxing to them (when I was 25 and sitting in their seats, I certainly didn't realize how much a baby moved in the womb, so I don't blame them), and it was a little embarrassing but pretty funny too in retrospect.  I have another session with the same group next week, I think I'll probably try to find a looser dress lol.
  • @omarismyhomeboy - congrats on your baby girl!  She's too adorable!

@LeFemmeViolette - sorry to hear about the yeast infection - that sucks!

After getting to 32 weeks, my body went into labor and the boys were born on Sept 7 at 4 pounds 5 ounces, and 4 pounds 11 ounces.  Currently, both are doing okay for their gestation but are still in nicu.

• @hopeby2015 Congratulations on the birth of your little boys! I know you had hoped they would stay in longer, so I hope they rally in the NICU and can come home soon. 
  • @hopeby2015 oh congrats to you!! Sending positive thoughts that they can come home soon, please keep us posted ❤️