Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW: week of 9/3

Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have any questions. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it?

Re: WTO/TWW: week of 9/3

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/8

TWW - Timing: good

TWW - Testing: trying to hold out but I will probably start testing tomorrow because I have cheapie and no willpower.

R/R: At the beginning of the TWW (like 1DPO) I was convinced I was out because the timing wasn't as good as last month. But now the crazy has set in so I am symptom spotting like a crazy person.

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it? Hanging out with my family :)

• Not trying yet, but I few like this goes here...

R/R: We plan to start TTC in November. According to FF (based on length of past periods since my BBT got lost during our move...) my fertility week should be during that first week. Yay I don't have to wait too long to try, but damn because I want to avoid a July DD because we've already got at least 5 July bdays between both our families. And then my next fertile week wouldn't be till around the new year because I have long cycles :/ 

GTKY: maybe sew? I don't get much time to do that lately.

@glitzandglitter I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to testing, so I feel you girl!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • @glitzandglitter Good luck with testing if you cave! I'm reading "The Power of Habit" right now (highly recommend), and they're going on and on about how none of us have willpower and the importance of creating habits so we can put ourselves on autopilot. E.g., you would make it a rule that you always wait until DPO14 to test, or test only EOD, or some such, and then never think about it again. I have 0% confidence this would work for me, but am sharing the gospel nonetheless.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 7

WTO - WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, PNVs

R/R: Rave: DH and I agreed to move TTC up a few weeks and are giving it a go this cycle instead of next. I remain, perhaps irrationally, convinced we're going to be in this mode for a while, so I'm excited to at least get things underway. // Rant: I left a nearly full carton of eggs out on the counter overnight last night, and can't decide if they're still safe to use. The internet's a little conflicted but on balance seems to think Americans are overzealous about refrigeration and that they should be fine. My frugality is at war with my risk aversion on this one...

CS/Q: Chart added below. (I think? I tried.) Not much to see yet, except how bad I am at temping.

A walk with a good podcast and our pup. Who's been gone for training since January and comes home in just four short weeks!

• **Not-TTC-yet lurker**  @emiliadkay I was over here like OMG I did not know she was TTC yet, how did I miss that?! And now I see your note about moving things up early. Yay, how exciting!

@dreamscapes_ Well of course you're excited :) Not weird at all!

@glitzandglitter That gif is hilarious. Good luck!!
  • @diaphena I was kind of poking DH to see if we could start this month, but he's pretty adamant about waiting until October, lol. As far as lurking, even though we're not TTC yet, I still pop into this thread for the conversations and to follow along with everyone :) I don't think anyone minds, but if they have, they haven't said anything!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ Thanks, I lurk this thread each week to see how everyone's doing, but hadn't posted in it til now. Just felt a little odd since we're still not trying for a while!
  • @diaphena Same! That's why I just answer the GTKY question and chat with everyone :) I also like seeing the questions people have about their charts and such, you know?
  • Hey, ladies! I'm sorry I've been sporadically posting. This school year is kicking my butt!

@emiliadkay, FX for you this month! Hopefully you'll be moving along quickly!

@glitzandglitter, I always do well at first. Then 7/8 DPO hits and so does the BSC POAS addict. Hoping for your BFP!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 14

WTO - WAYDTGKU: all the things! HIO, PNV, charting BBT & CM

R/R: No rants now. School has been crazy but the beginning is always rough. I have great kids. My rave is for beautiful weather! We had perfect weather for the holiday weekend!

CS/Q: my chart is so ugly this month but here it is :)

Probably sleep! lol I should try to say I'd be productive but honestly... I want sleep!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @CecilB93 I hope the July birthday problem is one you have to deal with, cuz you're out of here so fast!

@dreamscapes_ a) You're totally right about the egg washing, turns out. b) I didn't realize you'd been to culinary school! So cool. And no, there's something about a starting line of "next month" that feels soooo much closer than the countdowns that came before. Excited for you!

@diaphena I was a total lurker on this thread until yesterday. It's one of the things that I like so much about this group - that it's small enough we want to (and can) keep track of everyone, whether they're TTA, WTO, in the TWW, whatever, at a particular moment.

@JNCPro3130 Sleep! Yes! It's like the number one answer on Family Feud I didn't see coming but is so obvious once someone throws it out there... :)
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited September 2017

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 34/11

WTO - WAYDTGKU: BBT, Charting

TWW - Timing: O -1

TWW - Testing: Not until the end of my LP. My cycles are usually between 41-45 days, so I've got a bit to wait :neutral:

R/R: Rave: its a short week!! Woop woop. Rant: today feels like Friday. Crap.

CS/Q: 

Chart stalk: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/mrsmtothek . Question: anyone thats temping, do you get random high temps the first attempt, retest, and then get a lower one? This has happened to me a few times last week and I always go with the lower temp. Maybe my sleepy eyes are imagining that I'm seeing a higher temp tho haha. :#

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it? Oh man...I'm gonna sound super lame, but probably working out. That is, if LO is asleep. I seriously cannot squeeze exercise into my schedule atm and I really need to. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is my first time ever posting on this threat!  I was on the fence about participating since I've never temped and I don't know all the lingo.  Also, think I might get a bit obsessive, but here it goes!   

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 10

WTO - WAYDTGKU: CM, HIO, diet

R/R:  Posting here is making me irrationally nervous!

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it?  I feel like I would do something different each day with my extra hour.  I would definitely take more time to take care of myself.

@emiliadkay  We technically started last month.  I also poked my husband and we decided to wait and stick to the plan to start in Sept, then the following day he changed his mind so I was game!

• mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited September 2017
    @diaphena @dreamscapes_ @emiliadkay -- I love the mix of this group too! I'm not TTC but I'm actively charting, so I'm in this weird in-between phase and BOTB fits me better than TTGP right now. I definitely lurk on TTGP though, mostly to chart stalk teehee ;):D 

• KFrob said:

This is my first time ever posting on this threat!  I was on the fence about participating since I've never temped and I don't know all the lingo.  Also, think I might get a bit obsessive, but here it goes!   

I have to actively look up lingo all the time lol, you're not alone!
  • Hi ladies I'm back and ready to start chatting up again. As much as I didn't want to have to be back here I really missed you ladies. 
    @glitzandglitter GL With testing!!! @JNCPro3130 I hope the new school year starts to settle for you soon. 

Month/Cycle: N/A

CD/DPO: ????

WTO: *TW* I'm guessing i'm here now since my post D&C bleeding has stopped. I'm not temping or anything so this month is just going to be a big question mark all around. 

R/R: Meh i'm not mentally ready to start temping again, and bow i'm annoyed because I have no way of knowing what the heck my body is doing. 

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it? I always answer this with sleep, but in reality i'd waste more time on the net or facebook LOL 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat *TW* So sorry for your loss. Lots of love and hugs, just take it one day at a time.

BTW, trolling on FB or insta is absolutely my "lets be real" answer to this question too :D
  • Hey y'all. I've been TTC for a few months, but new here since I just decided that I'm tired of riding the WTO/TWW rollercoaster in silence. 

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 72/11

WTO - WAYDTGKU: opk

TWW - Timing: -2, +1

TWW - Testing: everyday since DPO9 because I am a glutton for disappointment

R/R: 

CS/Q: I don't temp, so nothing to stalk. But since I don't know my LP length, if AF or BFP doesn't arrive by CD80 I might start stalking and OBGYN.

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it? Probably painting or repairing my house. We are preparing to sell in the spring but it's circa 1950 so no job is ever quick and easy.

• So exciting to see all the new faces! Hi friends!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 7

WTO - WAYDTGKU: honestly nothing right now. Been a total slacker on my PNVs, gonna do OPKs start CD 10, tracking BBT and CM though!

R/R: woooooork. The new job is exciting but so busy! I look forward to getting fully trained so that I can spend more time in the office at my desk (read: bumping).

CS/Q: nothing much to see yet!

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it? I want to say reading. But likely I'd just zone on Netflix and Facebook

• To all those non actively TTC BOTB ladies I say post away whereever you want. I don't mind you answering GTKYs or commenting on the threads at all :) 
    @dreamscapes_ I am so excited for you to be TTC next month!! I will be sending you all the BFP vibes!
    @mrsmtothek - when I have 2 conflicting temps I pick the one that makes the most sense at the time then put the other temp in the notes section on my chart. That way I have it in case I need to revisit later.
    @KFrob - Jump on in! We are super chill here. If you have a question feel free to ask :smile:
    @kindbytealikat - I am sorry you are back but we welcome you with all the hugs 
    @Jettin - Welcome! I'm sorry about your super ong cycle :( Are all your cycles this long?
    @JennyColada - lol sorry your jump is cutting into your bump time - story of my life! I am glad you are enjoying it though.
  • Yeah I agree with @glitzandglitter. I am happy to see everyone in any stage of TTC (thinking about it, active, or after you get your BFP). What I love about this board is it's women in lots of different stages supporting each other, whether your planning to TTC your first later on, or have been trying for a second or third or more for months, everyone is here for you.

@glitzandglitter Did you hold out or take a test?

@CecilB93 Glad you are getting on the horse! I think having lots of birthdays in the same month has some advantages. Like you can do joint bday parties, or get a whole bunch o gifts at one time.

@emiliadkay I would probably eat the eggs if it was just me, but I wouldn't feed them to DD. I have an iron stomach though

@dreamscapes_ excited for yall to start TTC soon!

@JNCPro3130 FX those kids stay good through the semester!!!

@mrsmtothek Yeah exercise is a good one. I try to get in a treadmill run when DD naps or go to pure barre when she is in school but it's tough man. Sometimes I just need to chillax when I get a break.

@KFrob Do you mean you have a special TTGP diet or like you're trying to lose weight?

@kindbytealikat That is really frustrating not to know what to expect next on top of everything else. We've missed you but are sad you had to come back

@Jettin Welcome! Have your cycles always been so long? Good for you on taking care of your house and doing DIY projects.

@JennyColada ha hopefully your boss doesn't come snooping by too often!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: CD 17

WTO - WAYDTGKU: HIO, CM, PNV, OPK

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R: Looks like I am going to O late this month. I usually O on day 16 or 17. Based on CM and the darkening lines of my OPKs it should be soon, but it hasn't happened yet. We have been having all of the sex though. All of it.

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it? I'm with @KFrob in that I would like to use it for self care, like doing something for myself. But tbh I would probably just tidy some stuff.

• @lifesabeach85 Trying to eat over all much better/healthier and throwing in a bunch of foods that are suppposed to do things like promote EWCM, be high in folic acid etc
  • @JennyColada, I was just thinking about you and your new job. It sounds like it's going well!

Im so glad to see all the new people! I haven't been around much lately but hey everyone!

@mrsmtothek, check out my mess of a chart above. lol I definitely get high temps sometimes. I typically don't take my temp again because 1)I'm too tired and try to go back to sleep and 2) FF is usually able to pinpoint O even with crazy temps. One suggestion though. I'm not sure if you have a new thermometer or not but if you don't trust it you may want to get a new one. I have a $7 BBT from Walmart. Cheap but it works.

@jettin, welcome to the thread! It's always nice to have others to ride the crazy train with. Lol Are your cycles always so long? I've heard that you should talk to an obgyn if you hit 60 days. They can give you something to jumpstart your cycle. Maybe you'll get your BFP and you won't have to worry about it!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Whoa did this thread ever blow up today. I like it, I like it.

@KFrob yay for gun jumping! ;)

@mrsmtothek I'm right there with you on the TTGP thread stalking. I'll admit I'm a little afraid of a few of their regulars ( :# ) but I learn a ton.

@kindbytealikat Love the honesty re: how you (lets be honest, all of us) would spend your extra hour. I gave up FB a couple years ago but now sink an equal amount of time into instagram, which in some ways is more destructive because it makes me want to buy all the pretty things...  

@Jettin FX it's still just too early for testing! I'm curious: how have you been able to make OPKs work with a longer cycle? Do you use other signs to tell you when it's time to start testing, or just cheapies so you can test for the duration? Getting a house in shape to sell is so much work -- are you expecting a geographic move or just looking for more/less space?

@JennyColada yesssss so glad the new job has not disappointed!

@lifesabeach85 Three cheers for all the sex. Keep it going! Also, thoughts on pure barre? Do you prefer it to pilates/yoga if you've tried either? I've wanted to go to a barre class for-ev-er but haven't worked up the nerve. 
  • @Emiliadk  I also gave up facebook a couple of years ago to improve my mental health.  I did get talked into Instagram by my brother who wanted to see pictures of DD.  So I follow a few friends and family and that's it.  I feel like not having facebook is freeing!   
  • emiliadkay said:
    @mrsmtothek I'm right there with you on the TTGP thread stalking. I'll admit I'm a little afraid of a few of their regulars ( :# ) but I learn a ton.
    Hahah I feel you there. :# You definitely need to proofread before posting lol. 

• *lurking*

Congrats @glitzandglitter !!! 
  • Yaaaaay! @glitzandglitter I am so happy for you!

• Congratulations @glitzandglitter!! H&H 9 months!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 16/6

TWW - Timing: -5, -4

TWW - Testing: 15 DPO

R/R: OPKs never even got close to positive. I guess I'll have to use them 3x a day if I want to use them again. BBT was great until CD 11-ish, and then it got all crazy. The temp shift was at least clear enough that I agree with FF on CD 10 being my O date. Could possibly be CD 12 due to CM, but either way - I won't be testing any time soon.

CS/Q: 

Do more around the house.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Congrats @glitzandglitter!!!! So happy for you!!! If I knew how to gif I would!!! Lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @glitzandglitter, congratulations!!! Yay!! Happy 9 months to you!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @glitzandglitter yay!!! Congrats! So happy for you! Wishing you a very boring pregnancy 

• Oh get out!! Congrats @glitzandglitter !! So thrilled for you <3

• @glitzandglitter Yay!!! SO happy for you!!! Congrats friend!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @glitzandglitter  Yay!  So happy for you! <3

• Congratulations @glitzandglitter!!! That’s so exciting! I hope you have a super uneventful 9 months!

And I’m definitely happy to have everyone chiming in, regardless of whether you’re actually trying or not.

@CecilB93 We wanted to avoid December because both DH and I have December birthdays, plus my twin brother, and you know, Christmas.  But then DS was born then, too!  Now I think I’d kind of like to have the next one in December, too.  Somehow it seems more fair?

@emiliadkay Hooray for moving up the timeline!  Good luck!  And have fun!

@dreamscapes_ It is super exciting that you’re starting to try next month!  You should be excited!

@mrsmtothek I totally do the same thing.  If I get a temp that seems too high, I temp again.  I figure if I get wildly different numbers, then one was probably measured wrong, and somehow it seems like it should work better the second time?

@kfrob I was super nervous, too!  But it’s not as hard as it seems (or everyone is too kind to tell me I’m doing it wrong).  I admit, I’ve been trying to get up the nerve to start posting over in TTGP.  But it’s a lot more intimidating over there.

@kindbytealikat I’m so sorry for your loss.  I think it’s good to take it easy right now and not stress about charting or anything.  It is frustrating to have everything so open ended, though.  It’s probably best to just try to stay busy and distracted for the next while. 

@JennyColada I’m so glad the new job is going well!

@lifesabeach I hope you’re enjoying all the sex!

And now I’m finally responding super late.  Between being really busy, and the Bump being super slow, and our internet going out, it’s been a challenge.

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD/DPO: CD 5

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM

TWW - Timing: 

TWW - Testing:

R/R:  Ugh, my body is seriously trying to screw with me.  I took a test at 13 DPO, and it was negative.  So then AF came the next day, even though my temp was still high.  And then AF was really light, and the next day my temp was still high and AF was still light.  And the same the next day and the next day.  So, despite being on CD 4, I finally took another test yesterday.  It was still negative, so I’ve finally accepted that I’m simply having a weird cycle in which my temperature isn’t dropping and AF is weirdly light. 

CS/Q: It looks normal, unless you know that my coverline was at 97.5.  I was temping a little later than before on the first few days, but I made sure to do it at the regular time today, and it’s still weirdly high.

GTKY: If you could gain an extra hour every day, how would you use it?  I really like the idea of using it to work out.  If I was really good, I’d use it to work on my dissertation.  Instead, I would almost certainly sleep.  Or, you know, spend more time looking at random crap on the internet.

• @glitzandglitter Congratulations!!! Please lurk the cr*p out of us going forward - goodness knows we'll be doing the same to you :):)

@izza2 So frustrating re: the OPKs. I'm glad there was a clear temp shift (amazingly clear, actually) to pick up their slack and give you some clarity moving forward, though I realize it came too late to be helpful this cycle. Is an O at DP10 on the early side for you, or do you tend toward a shorter WTO phase?

@Secretstapler Again, ugh, so frustrating! Tell your body to get it's act together - your brain can't take all this drama! And FX you see an obvious temp shift here in a week or so and it all comes clear again.
  • @glitzandglitter OMG YAY CONGRATS