November 2017 Moms
Options

Paleo September - Ready, Set, Go!

A number of us seemed interested in doing a Paleo September, with pregnancy modifications.  I'm very glad to have a support group with this! As I mentioned in my original post, I've spent the summer with a very picky 13yr old whose diet consists almost entirely of past and dry cereal.  I'm really feeling the need for a veggie reset!  

Paleo Restrictions:

1) No dairy
2) No gluten grains or other cereals.  
3) No alcohol
4) No sugars, although maple syrup, honey, and agave nectar are allowed.
5) No legumes.  Pod-based legumes where the pod itself is consumed (green beans, snow peas, sugar snap peas) are ok.
6) Generally no processed or refined foods.

The point of Paleo September for me is not diet or weight management or anything of the sort.  It is to follow the recommended foods to really focus on nutrient dense, healthy eating as I count down the weeks in this pregnancy.  I am already allergic to gluten and dairy, and with pregnancy am not drinking.  As part of my Paleo month, I am aiming to avoid even most GF baked goods that I make for myself unless it is a Paleo approved recipe.  The one modification I will be making is that, to the extent they are not necessarily Paleo approved, I plan to still eat any vegetable grown in my own garden.

Breakfast this morning consisted of homemade applesauce from foraged local apples, sweetened lightly with local honey.  Lunch will be compliant leftovers.  I have apples, peaches, and dried mango for my snacks.  For dinner tonight, I'm planning Paleo zucchini fritters or eggs and hash with the potatoes from my garden.  With work so busy this week I was not able to do a good Paleo-prep grocery run, but will do that this weekend.  

Re: Paleo September - Ready, Set, Go!

• Options
    Oh, one more thing.  

I will start a Paleo September discussion thread every Monday, for people to update/chime in all week with their meals, thoughts/comments, recipes, etc.
  • Options
    Breakfast is like a paleo dream. Eggs and bacon for days!!! I know some people are strict and don't eat fruit during the initial detox time, but I did have an apple as well this morning. Lunch I packed grilled chicken and a paleo friendly salad from Whole Foods with kale, pine nuts, tomatoes and a light olive oil and lemon dressing. 

I paleo meal prep for H a lot. I will make egg muffines for him to heat and take. I usually mix up eggs, peppers and sausage, then bake in giant muffin tins. Grab in the morning and they are great. 
    Fajita bowls with baked chicken and peppers on lettuce with salsa, Italian sausages with mashed cauliflower and usually ham with roasted broccoli keep him pretty happy for the week 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My favorite W30 breakfast used to be three eggs over easy over roasted sweet potatoes and garlic (I would make a big batch at a time and heat a portion up every morning). Sometimes I had roasted poblanos to mix in. I cut up the eggs on top and the yolk mixed in with the vegetables and it was so good. Kinda want to make it again - but I just don't have the prep time I used to. Just a suggestion for those who do.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker