Picture!

Re: 11 Month Check-In

• Options
    When did LO turn 10 months?
    August 27th

Any milestones hit?
    Standing and taking steps!

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-
    The last week, he has been waking up every night at midnight :/ Beware the regression... Naps have been the same though, so I'm going to start cutting them back I think.

Weight and length?
    I don't know right now.

How are YOU feeling?
    Stressed out. I just started working the week before last, FI and I are both in school now, and FI just found out that he was laid off today and has been off the books at his job for over a week and his gutless boss didn't tell him... He didn't find out until yesterday when he got on the paycom website to view his check and he was delted from the system. He called HR and THEY told him. It was confirmed today. So now I'm the breadwinner until he either dinds something else or gets unemployment. I'm so mad at his biss I hope he gets unemployment and rides it out as long as he can out of spite!

Questions or concerns?
    I was concerned about Johnny's legs and development that way, but he's doing great now :)

Picture!

• Options
    @AllyTheKid Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how hard that can be. I'm hoping he gets unemployment set up quickly.  When you say off the books for a week, does that mean he's not getting paid for that time?  If so, that's definitely a legal situation.  On a good note, so happy that Johnny is standing and doesn't seem to be having trouble with his legs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am soooo thrilled his legs are getting their act together!

His former boss paid him yesterday. If he would have tried any funny business we definitely would have taken legal action.
    Also, he did all the paperwork for unemployment yesterday afternoon as well, but it takes 4 weeks to process.
     On the plus side,
    I was offered two new clients yesterday, and my school offered me a paid mentor position today (thank you universe and higher power!) Fate?
  • Options
    That is great @AllyTheKid!  I'm so glad those other things presented themselves.

Speaking of fate (hopefully), I saw an open position within my company that is somewhat similar in nature to what I'm currently doing but has more potential for growth. I'm in a place now where I'm not ready for something that requires a ton of work but can eventually lead to other things when I'm ready. I think this will be that type of position. I applied yesterday but I'm also worried if I get it the training will be overwhelming. Not that it will be hard, but just learning something new can be mentally draining. I already feel exhausted and don't know how it'll be with an infant. But I'd be happy to get out of this dept with the way things have been going. 
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 That is so awesome! I personally, think you should go for it. I know how stressful and draining it is to learn something new, especially while having an infant, but if you WANT it, you can DO it. And it will work, and be soooo worth it in the end. Don't pass up an opportunity you might not have later because of possible stress. A few months of fatigue is so much better than being stuck in a shitty department!
  • Options
    How are our babies almost one!?

When did LO turn 11 months? on the 6th of Sept

Any milestones hit? She has stood without holding onto anything for a few seconds. Otherwise hangs onto everything to walk all around all the time. She's super determined to walk and doesn't want to be carried ever. We've started doing half cows milk/half formula and she's fine with it. Plus eating ALL the foods. Still only has two teeth.

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps- Jet leg was AWFUL for us for about a week. Thankfully she's doing better. And now we are mostly down to 1 or 2 wake ups a night! (Instead of 5-6!)

Weight and length? 8.3 kg (just over 18 lbs?) I cant remember her inches

How are YOU feeling? Tired. Abigail is exhausting. But I am so happy to be home in TZ. My MIL and other in laws are SOOOO helpful with her. Especially because I am going to be starting a new job, I have comfort knowing that Abigail can stay with my MIL and will be well taken care of. 

Questions or concerns? I am just so happy Abigail's recovery has been so dramatic! At her check up last week she had gone from the 1% for weight to around the 35%! 

Picture! I havent had time to take any good pictures recently, so this is Abigail with her dad two weeks ago when we got back from America.

*American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    edited September 2017
    Internet fail... I can't get the picture to upload
    EDIT:
    here it is! 

DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz love that pic. My heart is so happy for you and your family. Good luck on starting a new job.. will you still work at the orphanage?
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brzvice no I won't be. I am going to start working with an ngo that empowers families to stay together. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    When did LO turn 11 months?
    Sept 23

Any milestones hit?
    Waving and clapping constantly. So close to walking but not quite yet. She'll jump down off the couch and start going but if I weren't holding onto her she would fall. 

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-
    Was good until we had to send her to daycare and she got sick. Hopefully after this last week of daycare we can get her back on schedule. Anyone's LO down to 1 nap yet?  We aren't but just wondering how that transition works. 

Weight and length?
    17.5 lbs and about 28 in

How are YOU feeling?
    Better now that I'm not as sick anymore. Feel like I don't have time for much of anything. Or more like I don't feel like doing much of anything. 

Questions or concerns?
    S isn't saying any real words yet. Just a lot of babble like 'dadada' and 'Bababa'. She doesn't really babble 'mamama' anymore. That stopped around 7 months. She seems to understand a few works though. 

• Options
    @ladybug2821 just this week we have dropped the second nap and so far it is going great. V used to go down 9-9:30 with two naps bit now she's sleeping by 8 and wakes at 8 with one hour and 15 minute nap in the early afternoon. So far it's a seamless transition and I'm loving the earlier bedtime. I still stay up way too late though trying to squeeze that "me time" in. 
    Also this week V has completely weaned from the boob. It's bittersweet but she was only comfort nursing 1-2x a day the past few months anyways. She has been getting most her calories from formula and solids. Going to start mixing whole milk in her routine come October so I guess it's time for us anyway.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can't imagine Storm going to one nap. She still sometimes wants 3 and that's even with sleeping from 7p-6a. At her next appt, I'm going to mention her sleep to the dr because I worry she is too sleepy. Her naps are still anywhere from 1-2 hrs each. 
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 I would imagine as long as S is hitting her milestones, her sleepiness shouldn't be much of a concern. I think over-sleeping only becomes an issue if the littles aren't developing as they should be and unable to function "normally" on less sleep.