February 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 8/30

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: Have you bought/made anything for this new baby yet? If so what was the first thing or thing you are most excited for? If not what is the first thing you plan to make or buy for this baby that you are excited about?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 8/30

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

16 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado

2) How are you feeling?

Headaches and cramps, but both are mild and otherwise feeling well, so no real complaints here.

Midwife appointment tomorrow, looking forward to hearing the heartbeat as we haven't seen baby since our NT scan almost four weeks ago! Not feeling movement yet so the heartbeat will be good reassurance to have that all is still well.

Rave is that it's actually starting to feel like fall here, and I am so ready for the cooler weather! Now if only DS had any fall clothes that fit...

5) GTKY: Have you bought/made anything for this new baby yet? If so what was the first thing or thing you are most excited for? If not what is the first thing you plan to make or buy for this baby that you are excited about?

STM here, so we won't be making any big purchases.  Need to get a few seasonally appropriate newborn outfits, but otherwise will mostly be reusing DS's clothes and gear.  

17 weeks, size of a pomegranate

2) How are you feeling?
    Overall pretty good. I've started to get some pains on my right side that feel like my muscles tearing. I'm going to cal the nurse line and see what they say. Otherwise the usual sore nipples. 

Nope. Next appointment is 9/11

My coworkers have been asking me about a registry. Since this is my third I wasn't going to do it but I feel like I should do something since I know they are going to want to throw me a work shower.  

We bought a stroller, a box of diapers and a few little outfits and socks that my kids helped pick out. I'm going to eventually knit a baby blanket once I find a pattern I like. My favorite was a little gown/onesie that I bought for a take home outfit. 
  • Loading the player...
    14 weeks today! Baby is a peach.

2) How are you feeling?
    The nausea has been so much better the last couple weeks, but Monday I got hit with a random wave of vomiting that lasted all morning. Then when it was over I was starving. And I've been super hungry ALL THE TIME since then. I'm trying so hard to stick to healthy snacks.

Had my 12 wk OB appt last week. Insurance wouldn't cover the NT scan, but we did hear the heartbeat on the doppler. OB said it's very strong and right where it needs to be, and we could hear the baby moving around a lot, so it was very reassuring and we went ahead and announced our pregnancy to everyone.

I MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST TRIMESTER WHILE TAKING CARE OF A 14-17 MONTH OLD TODDLER!!!! I kind of feel like a superhero right now.

STM here as well, so we're not planning on buying anything big for the baby. Just new clothes as needed. We're actually going to be buying new furniture to make our DD her "big girl room" for Christmas to free up the nursery for baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @karcerplus3 I used a great entrelac baby blanket pattern, if you are on Ravelry look up "Spring Blanket" its a really fun knit! Its in a book called Knitted Gifts for Baby, which has a ton of other great stuff, or if you don't want to buy I can see if I can send you a PDF of it!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    17 Weeks size of an onion

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Although fatigue has kind of returned by the end of the day... my skin has been super dry but that always happens somewhat when the weather turns, so I assume it will just be a little worse than normal. 

Not until next week, but we had an early AS last Friday and found out we are having a girl! Also found out I have a marginal cord insertion but they didn't seem that worried and said they will monitor it. 

I love that is has been cooler and I am so excited for fall and cozy stretchy maternity clothes. 

I knit a sweater for the baby before I knew what we were having and am working on a very sweet alpaca bonnet with doe ears. I will probably knit a million things, I have been going back through my stash and all my magazines and books and marking things. I went a little crazy after finding out she is a girl and bought like 10 onesies and 5 footies and a little fleece suit with bear ears. I have since reigned it in a little, but its very hard. Full on nesting now! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsJ2410 - I don't know that site. I'll go checkit out  thanks!
  • @MrsJ2410 - I don't know that site. I'll go checkit out  thanks!
    Oh its wonderful its like social media for knitting and you can find any pattern and create a profile and upload pictures of your projects. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

15 weeks baby is the size of an orange! 

2) How are you feeling?

I'm feeling much better now, although I'm still suffering from vertigo. Finally got some energy back so my plan is to get as much done now while I can! 

I only schudeule appts on Monday so I don't have to take my other 2 kids with me so my next appt isn't until the 11 because the 4th is a holiday. 

I'm so ready for the cooler weather to hit. I feel like I've been stuck inside all summer. 

I have 3 girls so unless this baby is a boy then I won't really be buying anything new. We also team Green so I'm still excited. The only thing I'm excited to make is a quilt for this baby! 
  • @MrsJ2410 what is marginal cord insertion???

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  17 weeks baby is a pomegranate!

2) How are you feeling?  Pretty good.  Just the normal pains and sinus mess.

Nope.  Next one is the end of September.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Made homemade fried chicken last night.  So good.

5) GTKY: Have you bought/made anything for this new baby yet? If so what was the first thing or thing you are most excited for? If not what is the first thing you plan to make or buy for this baby that you are excited about?  Bought nursery furniture this weekend.  I am very excited because we are going to the Ohio State game next weekend and will be buying the baby some Buckeye gear.  Everyone is giving him LSU gear because we live in Louisiana.  I think my poor husband is worried he won't know he is half Buckeye :)
  • @chucksmom15 it's when the umbilical cord is not centered in the placenta. From what I have read it's only bad if it REALLY close to the edge and they didn't say that is was, just that it's off center. Trying not to worry until I have to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsJ2410 Unless it was bad why did they mention it?!?!  Now you are going to be worried about it!!
    16 weeks today. Baby is the size of an avocado or a pickle depending on the app. 
    2) How are you feeling?
    I feel good. Minus the almost daily headache and still constipation, life is great. 

I had a 16 week appt with the NP this morning. Got results for the genetic testing we did a few weeks baby. Baby looks good, nothing genetically wrong with me that I could pass on, so I'm happy. 

Still not looking pregnant, although I did have to go buy maternity shorts for our upcoming trip to Arizona. I just want that cute bump everyone else has on here! ;) 

I bought a cute little Christmas Stocking that I'm going to cross stitch for our little girl. Good thing I have at least 15 months to finish it! I think we'll mostly wait until 20 weeks when we have the full anatomy scan to buy anything major. And even then, we have the patience to wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday! 
  • @jenniferjoy37 I LOVE needlepoint stockings, I would love to make a whole set for us some day... That one is so sweet!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsJ2410 I would love to make some for my husband and I as well! I really need to start now! Haha. My last project took about 6 months. But it'll be harder with a little one screaming and wanting my attention! 
  • lucylou214lucylou214 member
    edited August 2017
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  16 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado.

2) How are you feeling? I'm feeling good.  Back to school this weeks, so of course I'm tired, but overall okay. 

No OB appts, this week, but I did go to the chiropractor!  I was nervous, but we talked about everything, and she told me all about how it can really help as you gain weight/baby bump, and get ready for delivery and recovery.  I figure it can't hurt, right?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Back to school this week means that everyone is stopping me in the hall to say congrats, ask lots of questions, etc (we just shared on social media last week). It is so sweet to be part of such a caring school community!  I feel like I've done LOTS of talking about being pregnant, which is a little overwhelming, but I know it's all well-intended. 

5) GTKY: Have you bought/made anything for this new baby yet? If so what was the first thing or thing you are most excited for? If not what is the first thing you plan to make or buy for this baby that you are excited about? We have gotten a few things so far.  We picked up a tiny moose t-shirt while vacationing in Vermont this summer, and also found an adorable, fuzzy winter hat with bear ears while back to school shopping.  Also, I bought two books last weekend at a favorite bookstore near one of my favorite places.  I have lots of children's books (I'm a preschool teacher), but these were the first purchased with this baby in mind. :)  We are trying not to go overboard with buying things yet, but it's been fun to get little things here and there. 
  • @chucksmom15 we are also a divided Big 10/ SEC family! ;)

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 16 weeks, avocado

2) How are you feeling? Good! Tired. I fell asleep on the couch after work the other day... luckily DH stepped right in and handled dinner time for DD. I also just feel a lot bigger than I did with DD. Oh, and sore nipples. My bras feel like sandpaper  :(

Nope, but I need to schedule my anatomy scan!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling some movements! Actually felt a pretty sharp jab the other night. Mostly just some fluttering/ twitching. We told DD about new baby, and she has been really cute about it. Every night she pats my stomach and says "new baby inside mommy!" We recently ordered some books for her about being a big sister, too :)

5) GTKY: Have you bought/made anything for this new baby yet? If so what was the first thing or thing you are most excited for? If not what is the first thing you plan to make or buy for this baby that you are excited about? Not yet. I anticipate a flurry of sewing in January, once I'm done teaching (and done with the holidays!). And once the nesting instinct kicks in! How much I buy/ make depends on whether it's a girl or a boy... we hope to reuse as much as possible.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • katefb17katefb17 member
    edited August 2017
    @chucksmom15 lol, I'm afraid to say!! ;) I'm a Michigan alum, and hubby is from Mississippi. He went to a tiny liberal arts school, but cheers for Ole Miss in conference games, and any SEC team in non-conference games. We live in Mizzou territory now, and everyone thinks my Michigan flag is a faded Mizzou flag, ha.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
  • Haha @katefb17!  I just won't tell my husband I'm friends with a Michigan grad.  Ole Miss isn't the worst.  It's not Bama.  And after last year we have a renewed hatred for Florida.

17 weeks, the size of a chipmunk

2) How are you feeling?

The unquenchable thirst is back but the headaches seem to be under better control despite. Other than that just some aches and pains but overall much better.

Not until next Wednesday when we have our anatomy scan and find out the gender!  

DS is having a good week at preschool! Soooo much better than last week.

Mostly just window shopping for now but we plan to start buying things next pay check. I did find a really neat B Zany Zoo activity zoo for a steal at Once Upon A Child! I always wanted one for DS but thought it was a bit pricey. 

• @laurelraido the unquenchable thirst!! yes!!! so glad I'm not the only one. I went through more than 150 oz of water the other day, and was *still* thirsty!

@chucksmom15 hee hee, that's exactly DH's feelings about LSU... at least it's not 'Bama! (except, he *did* cheer for Alabama against Notre Dame a few years ago... but that wasn't really a contest!  :p )
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
  • I'm with him all day on that @katefb17!!  I hate Notre Dame football.  So overrated.  
  • I'll jump in on the football topic.  I'm not in a Big 10 / SEC house divided.  I'm a big 10 / SEC person divided.  I grew up in the south where football is king.  And same here on the "anyone but Bama" "unless it's Notre Dame"!  But I went to a Big 10 school.  Fortunately my two teams never play each other, so I can happily live with divided loyalties.  (OK, they compete on the women's basketball frequently, but I'm happy when either of them win there.)
  • @chucksmom15  I'm a Volunteer from birth.  And I went to Purdue.  I obviously didn't go there for the football team.  I won't say I went there because the mascot is also a drink (Boilermaker), but I won't deny it either.
  • I was born in Tennessee as well @olitwinturbosnprincess.  We moved to Louisiana when I was very young.