November 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In - 8/28

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY: Are you revealing the name(s) of your LO before he/she/they are born?  

Re: FTM Check-In - 8/28

• 1) How far along are you?  30+2

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Last week.  Everything's still going great.  Nothing new to report.

3) Cravings/symptoms? Heartburn! Lots and lots of heartburn.  Craving fruit these days.

4) Rants/raves/concerns? 

6) GTKY: Are you revealing the name(s) of your LO before he/she/they are born?  We're team green and we're not revealing the names.  My husband's older sisters did not reveal names before their babies were born.  That has helped on his side - no one is giving us a hard time at all.  My side is generally ok with the no-gender reveal and was only slightly frustrated by the no-name reveal.  Truth be told, if they had been paying attention at all over the last many years, they would know at least one of the names.  Actually, it is my office that has given me the hardest time!
  • 1) How far along are you? 27+3
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Next appointment is this Friday.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? No cravings, and no out-of-the-ordinary symptoms. Mostly just getting bigger and more uncomfortable! 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Meh. I'm still struggling mentally with the weight gain. I love my belly, but I don't know why I have to gain so much weight in my legs. :-/
    6) GTKY: Are you revealing the name(s) of your LO before he/she/they are born? No. We are also not finding out the sex until birth, and we haven't decided on names. We have a short list of about 3 names for a girl, and are still having a lot of trouble narrowing down our list for a boy. We have a long list of about 35 names, but we're not sure if the name is even in that list, so we're still on the hunt. So, yeah, there isn't really anything to reveal! ...but we're not sharing the lists with anyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? 28 weeks 2 days

Tomorrow I have to get a repeat blood typing even though blood type doesn't change and I had it done in January after the MC. Dumb policy, especially since I have my donor card with type on it. Wednesday is rhogam shot and Thursday is glucose test.

3) Cravings/symptoms? abdomibal separation in full force, reflux

4) Rants/raves/concerns? concerned that I won't be able to pee or drink water when necessary when school starts... I have 27 kids so far and could end up with more before school starts

5) Anything else you want to add/ask? How frequently are you feeling movement now? I feel like he molests me, especially when there is music with bass on. 

His name is Austin. DH lived near there when he was in the military. SIL thought it would be funny to send DH a pic of Austin Powers. Turns out he sent her Luke Skywalker pics when she picked Lucas as her son's name. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • 1) How far along are you?
    28w2d
    28w appt tomorrow
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Might be TMI but I am sick of discharge.
    On the bright side, LO has been moving around like crazy the last 2 days!
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Rave: got the ball rolling on maternity leave stuff today, so that's a relief. The lady was very patient with me and my million and a half questions!
    Yes, it has been known since we found out the sex. Lilly Anne, after my maternal grandmother (Ann) and her mom, my great grandmother (Lillie). I changed the spellings up a bit just to be a little different.
  • 1) How far along are you? 29 wks 3 days
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? 28 week appt last week went great 
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Ice cream
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Nope 
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Nope 
    6) GTKY: Are you revealing the name(s) of your LO before he/she/they are born?  Yes Skylar 
    29w+6
    Midwife appt on Friday.  Will be getting boostrix also . Boo
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Just achy  hips and feet. But I've been on them a lot lately and standing on tiles so my ankles are hurting 
    Not sleeping great  either but could be a lot worse 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    nope.  Won't be naming the baby till meeting  them . (Also team green so cant) we have a short list of about 3 boy and 3 girl names with a mix of middle names well choose from 
  • @hillaryo14 what a beautiful name!  Glad to hear you got the maternity leave stuff started. I have to get more paperwork filled out but I'm getting there too.  It feels good to check things off the list. 
    @curiousfool1 all the heartburn here too.  It is rough. 
    @YesOuiCan I have struggled with the weight gain too.  I try to remind myself that as long as the baby is healthy and I am healthy than I am ok.  But I hear you it is hard.  
    @NYTino24 good luck on the glucose test.  Mine is on Thursday too. I feel movement all the time and baby really moves when there is music on too.  It makes me smile most of the time but it can be super distracting when Im meeting with a client and I can see my belly move.  
  • 1) How far along are you? 27 + 5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? 28 wks on Thursday + glucose test. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Heartburn is terrible.  Have not had any cravings until recently all I want is a pb&j sandwich and I dont even like jelly. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I have been having so much discharge but I guess that is normal.  I am also concerned about how little energy I have.  I can't seem to get anything done.  
    6) GTKY: Are you revealing the name(s) of your LO before he/she/they are born?  Nope team green so we have a short list for both that still needs to be narrowed down some more but we aren't sharing.  My mom keeps fishing but more just as a joke.  She is excited and likes the idea of being surprised.  I get some grief from people but I think that's true of any decision you make. 
    28 weeks.
    2) Any appointments this week or last week?
    How did it go?
    No. Next week.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Back pain, rib pain, crazy libido lol, crankiness, no patience...ya know.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Had my shower this weekend! It was perfect! 
    Terrified my job gave me pink eye. Eyes been super itchy today and clients keep getting sent home with it. I wash my hands constantly but it's still scary. 
    noooooooo. Everyone keeps asking. We have his initials but not a set name yet. So they all know the monogram but that's it. And they won't kno the name til he's born. We don't wanna hear it. 
  • I'm so impressed by how many of you have the will power to be team green. There will be so many exciting announcements come November 

@NYTino24 it feels like I am being molested by mine all day too. Yesterday was so rediculius I actually asked my belly "don't you need to nap eventually" it's especially fun when he changes position and gets wedged really low in my pelvis 

1) How far along are you? 27 + 2

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? glucose test and last 4 week check up today 

3) Cravings/symptoms? Heartburn like a mofo and still just picky aboit what sounds good each day. Have been loving salads again 

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Not a huge fan of the indentations from my socks each night even though my feel don't look swollen. 

Rave: being back in my own bed with my amazing pillow. They are finally making progress on our backyard landscaping and the pool should be done soon to float myself in

Yes. We are team blue and his name is Henry Weston Backhouse M****. He is named after H's great grandfather and will go by Weston. It's a big deal to us that we continue the Backhouse which is my MILs maiden name. H has it in his name as well which is a British tradition, but he's the last one and it would die out. We asked his grandmother, who he is very close to, if we could carry it on as well and it means a lot to her that we are doing that. His namesake was an amazing man and a very hardworker who started as a stock boy with Twinings Tea and worked up to CEO so we hope he lives up to that type of perseverance 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

29 weeks 4 days

Have an appointment next Wednesday!

3) Cravings/symptoms?
    I have noticed my hips starting to bug me at night which makes it hard to get comfortable.

4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    So happy it's friday it's been a busy week at work having the faculty back and I have been going to bed early most nights.

Nope.

We have told our mom's and my sister but not telling everyone as we want something to be a surprise. Also I am worried that she may be born and her name not suite her so we have a couple back up names just in case. But will most likely go with our original name cause we both love it and our back up ones are just ok.
  • @DragonTrollMel I've gotten into the habit of talking to him occasionally and yesterday I said, "I'm so glad you're growing big and strong, but Mommy is not a jungle gym!" Haha... I felt bad when I was having contractions because they were only on the side he normally hangs out on. He was being a real trooper, but he kept kicking the monitor away and trying to almost like crawl up and away to the other side. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility