November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Ticker Change 8/28-9/3

1. How far along are you? And how big is baby?

2. Appointments this week?

3. How are you feeling this week?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions

5. GTKY: Would you rather: do the dishes, mow the lawn, do the laundry or clean the entire house? 

Re: Weekly Ticker Change 8/28-9/3

• Options
    1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

30 weeks today!!! It feels so close now. TB says baby is the size of a zucchini (I believe that is what that is), but Ovia says summer melon. Either way I feel like those are smaller than last weeks.

2. Any appointments this week?

Yes my 30 week is in about an hour.

3. How are you feeling?

My abdomen is pretty sore, I have a lot of pressure sitting on my cervix and I now have this very light/mild lower back pain but nothing really that stops me from going about my day.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions.

Rave- we had a nice relaxing Sprinkle shower yesterday. I think our little girl will be set with diapers for her first two months (unless for some reason she comes out super tiny and needs preemie sized).

Rant- I already got my BRU completion discount in the mail. So this morning I thought since the things we still need on our registry are on sale right now I would place an order online. They are saying the code isn't valid yet even though the valid date clearly states 8/22-1/23. I'm going to try again tomorrow because it also says postmaster please deliver after 8/29 and if that doesn't work I may just go to the store.

5. GTKY: Would you rather: do the dishes, mow the lawn, do the laundry or clean the entire house?

I would rather clean the entire house. Both DH and I are kind of OCD when it comes to a clean house (different levels of severity of course haha). His OCD mainly comes from organization and the pantry not being the way it is supposed to be yet he won't be the one to change it. My OCD stems from cleanliness. I will vacuum the same room every day if needed.

• Options
    29 weeks!!

Not this week.

Feeling large and a little uncomfortable But enjoying being pregnant.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    Rave: Had a great weekend at my mom's hanging out and shopping with her and got to see my cousin who is expecting in January.

I would rather clean the entire house I love the feeling when my house is all clean. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? And how big is baby? 29 weeks, acorn squash

2. Appointments this week? my first every-2-week appointment is Thursday

3. How are you feeling this week? Uncertain. I feel like movement has decreased, but every time I drink cold water and lie on my left side I get 10 kicks right away so technically it should be OK - I just don't feel much at any other time. I would go into the doctor for a NST but work is insane right now and my boss has basically stated that what I'm working on right now could be the difference between me getting promoted to director or not - no pressure or anything - so I'm afraid to leave the office for any amount of time during the day or even to lie down for those kicks. So basically two stressful situations one on top of the other. I'm not that happy at the moment.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions Nursery is actually coming along (finally!). DH finished painting and trimming the room tonight. And I got my area rug, and glider, and we do have the crib and crib bedding ready to go as well (crib needs to be reassembled from DD and I need to buy a crib mattress since my ILs have hers for when she sleeps over). I think we picked out the dresser as well.

Dishes and laundry are both easy, although I definitely would do laundry over dishes, but I would LOVE to have a fully clean house more than just one of those done. Problem is most of my downstairs cannot be really cleaned as it's under construction, so a fully clean house is a pipe dream (and has been for 2 years :(:( stupid fixer-upper ). Lawn mowing - ain't happening.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MKMandevilleMKMandeville member
    edited August 2017
    @Abby7 at my appointment yesterday I mentioned that I have noticed decreased or at least lighter movement that I'm not necessarily fully aware of. The doctor said as long as I get ten kicks within an hour time frame two times a day (one in the morning and one at night) he isn't concerned. They are going through massive growth spurts each week during the third trimester and they are starting to run out of room so movements may not feel like "kicks" for much longer. I hope this eases some of your worries. Good luck on your project! I hope you get the promotion. 
  • Options
    Thanks @MKMandeville :). I feel like this is prime time for kicking and that it will slow down later, like mid-8-months - but he kicked a lot last night so I'm feeling a bit better about the whole thing. It's good to hear a doctor's POV on this too, that's basically what I would have asked as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    27 weeks - size of lettuce
    Just reminded me I forgot to schedule my glucose test this week! 28 week appointment next week.
    Tired and achy and I've blown up recently.
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    Just a rant that I posted my 6 month belly pic on Facebook and a girl I used to work with (extremely big girl) commented 'woah you're huge'. She didn't mean it in a bad way but it was still unnecessary. 
    I'm fine doing any of them really. However, I learned my lesson last week after handwashing every floor in my house on my day off that I can not do that anymore while pregnant. I was soooo sore the next couple of days.
  • Options
    29 weeks, acorn squash

None

This week was suppose to be for getting DD ready for school and trying to get the house in order. Instead today has been the worst pelvic pain yet, I almost fell from my body giving out a few times. DH came home early to help out, I wanted DDs last day of summer to be special and I couldn't do anything for her. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    I need this pain to go away, I fear my last 6 weeks of scheduled work, I've learned that my unit is very physical and emotionally/mentally draining, I look forward to being able to unwind with a beer after a tough shift. Sound like a broken record but still no clue about a baby shower, I have 7-11 more weeks to go, the mom's are suppose to be figuring something out. SIL asked if I heard any more word on it, but not a one.  

laundry cause I can put it in and as long as i don't forget it overnight it won't get moldy smelling and I can do other things while it's washing/drying then watch tv while folding. I admit, I don't separate by wash the only thing j worry about it my scrub pants. Sweet DH did a load of laundry tonight because I didn't realise DD was out of jean shorts and I couldn't even lift the basket. 
  • Options
    1. 29 weeks. Acorn squash. Side note: can they not come up with cuter comparisons? Lol

2. Monday I went in for the 3 hour glucose test. Fingers crossed I passed it! I don't have a regular appointment until 32 weeks though. 

3. I'm feeling pretty good! Baby girl is moving as usual, although she has decreased a little since it's getting so tight in there! Also, I saw a lady who was 38 weeks at the dr the other day and started thinking "I still have that far to go?!" lol I guess when you put our bellies into perspective, we have a lot of growing to do!

4. Question: and this may be TMI, but has anyone else noticed swelling down there? I made the mistake of looking with a mirror because I've been feeling really heavy down there, and man oh man, it's bad!! It may be better just to be ignorant to that situation, because now I'm gonna think about it too much and probably be super embarrassed with DH...

5. I really don't mind dishes all that much. They're kind of therapeutic. 
  • Options
    @rachelb51212 I've had swelling down there, was way worst with a yeast infection or maybe because it made it more sensitive. At the end of a long day on my feet I can feel swollen, my mons pubis as also gotten fatter, I know I have stretch marks on it from the last baby. 
  • Options
    @rachelb51212 I commented to my sister months ago that I couldn't feel my pubic bone at all. I think the swelling is from increased blood flow.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @rachelb51212
    Definitely swollen down there which causes me to chafe at work because I'm out in the heat sweating all day. I've actually been having to use Aquaphor diaper rash cream on myself...
  • Options
    @rachelb51212 I'm glad you mentioned that. I have noticed some swelling, too. That combined with discharge is so freaking uncomfortable!
  • Options
    Oooo @amber0529 that is a great idea! I was swollen about a week ago and thought it was the start of a yeast infection but didn't have any other symptoms. I will have to give it a try if it happens again. 
  • Options
    I'm thinking of doing ice packs to help? Especially after working out. That's when it's the worst. It's so uncomfortable! I don't remember this with my first. I guess it's just another lovely side affect of more than one kid lol. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? And how big is baby? 27!weeks yesterday. Oops I'm a day late for this

Tomorrow for check up and glucose test. The last of my every 4 weeks appointments. We go to every other week after this one which makes things seem much closer

3. How are you feeling this week? glad to be back in my own bed after 9 days with the in laws. My back and hips appreciate my pregnancy pillow again. I feel like he has wedged himself in a weird way, all his movements feel super low compared to last week and it's not the most comfortable spot 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions my first shower went really well. We ended up getting our stroller and car seat which I was never expecting anyone to buy us. H finished nursery paint touch ups and the crib arrives next week so we are making progress

I like doing dishes so I will take that. We trade off on dishes, who ever doesn't cook that night does them so we a pretty good split. I'm lucky we have someone come clean our whole house every 2 weeks, because walking into a clean house is the greatest feeling on a Friday night after a long week 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    28 weeks, yay third trimester! My app says the size of a baby pumpkin.

No, still have two more weeks due to traveling. 

Pretty good. Less movement from LO but hoping it picks up soon.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    My back, hips and neck all hate me...

Is none of the above an option? If I have to choose, I would do the first three.
  • Options
    Posting a day late!
    27 weeks. Lettuce ; bunch of bananas. 

NO- glucose test next week. 

Pretty good. tired but I actually feel better than I thought I would be today. I had to travel home to Mass for a funeral unexpectedly so early flights combined with sleeping on a futon and emotional stress, I thought I would be much more tired and achy.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    Just feeling huge. 

Probably do the dishes since that's the quickest of the options. I don't mind doing the laundry - it's folding and putting it away that lead to wrinkled piles of clothes around my house!

• Options
    @mymulligan I am the same way. I usually end up with a pile of clean laundry in my closet and just dig through it in the mornings 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    @mymulligan where in Mass are you from?
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @abby7 I Grew up in the greater Boston area. My family is split between north shore and south shore now. Makes my short visits home very tiring having to drive through the city all the time to see everyone!!
  • Options
    @mymulligan Oh no, taking 93 back and forth would be awful. We moved to Melrose two years ago and have learned the hard way to avoid that road most of the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @abby7 melrose is a great town! We try to take Route 1  when we can. 
  • Options

28 weeks! Wow, can't believe I'm beginning the third trimester!

No, just weekly blood draws

More energy this week which has been great. I'm hoping it stays that way so I can actually start getting ready for baby. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    Rave that DH finally put together my 2 year old's toddler bed so she can transition to her own room. 

Laundry for sure...minus the putting away lol. We have someone clean our house weekly which is probably the best investment we've ever made. 
  • Options
    28 weeks-- baby is an eggplant. 

I have an appointment on wednesday next week and it's the last of my 4week apt. 

Feeling the same except the heartburn is now waking/keeping me up at night. I'm going to ask for something stronger. 

Id rather mow--dishes would be my last choice. I hate them. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    29w today, acorn squash
    Had an ultrasound on Tuesday, and LO is right on track!
    Stressed about work; one student in particular is really going to test my patience this year!
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions

Laundry for sure.
  • Options
    28 weeks! 

Wednesday which kicks off my appointments every two weeks. 

Eh, some days are okay, others are miserable. I feel massive pressure downward which is very uncomfortable. My stomach is also sore and feels overly huge. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    I finally ordered baby's crib. Her nursery is completely painted and DH just finished installing new outlets and light switches. We are getting there. 

I hate cleaning but must have a clean and orderly house. So I'd choose clean the entire house. DH does the outside work, I do the inside. 
    Pregnancy Ticker