TTC After a Loss

Intro (TW)

edited August 2017 in TTC After a Loss
Hi all,

I was in the May 18 board for about 5 days before miscarrying. I am still processing my feelings over this loss. Sometimes I am annoyed because people seemed more concerned with the pregnancy loss than what I was going through, and myriad of other things. Mostly, I just want it to be over. We got our BFP on cycle 3 which is when I got pregnant with my son. My loss started on the 3 year anniversary of the passing of my father. 

We are open to trying again immediately since it was such an early loss, but we're not sure if we'll actually cross that bridge. 

What happens next? I feel like I'm just waiting for something... 

ETA: My question really is: How did you know you were ready to try again?
Married - 3/2013
Baby Boy - 3/2015
MC - 8/2017
EDD - 8/2018

Re: Intro (TW)

• @strawberryanne I'm so sorry for your loss. Having a miscarriage early doesn't make it any easier emotionally. There is no hard and fast rule about when to try again. I did not take a break after either of my losses. To me feeling like I was doing something in a situation where I felt pretty helpless provided some comfort. 
    Really take some time to listen to your own heart. The only people that need to be at peace with whatever you decide are you and your partner. 
  • Sorry for your loss.  I agree with @leahcimmichael you will know when your ready.  We didn't take a break either after our two losses.  Knowing that I could keep trying helped me heal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • we only took 1 month break and then continued - I had an early loss as well.  You'll know when your ready to try again.  Sorry you are here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss.

We didn't take a break after either loss. That is what I needed to move on. Everyone is diff. I think you will know when you're ready. 
  • Thank you so much. It helps me a lot to know that many of you didn't not break or took a minimal break. I talked with my obgyn this morning and we are going to continue with blood draws until my HcG bottoms out. She asked me to wait to try again after I reach that point, which was good news. I was worried she was going to tell me to wait 3-6 months, which I would have disagreed with. 

Again, thank you all so much for responding <3
    Married - 3/2013
    Baby Boy - 3/2015
    MC - 8/2017
    EDD - 8/2018
  • @strawberryanne I am so sorry for your loss. I just had a d&c on Friday and like you am still trying to process my feelings. I don't know what happens next besides the certainty that life around us does keep going. We are going to try again right away. I think you will know when you are ready to try again. 
  • I'm sorry for your loss! We started trying right away. Like the other ladies said, I think you will just know when you are ready. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• I'm so sorry for yours, and everyone's loss(es) here. My early MC was about a month ago. We were encouraged by my OBGYN to wait to TTC until after HCG returned to 0 and AF arrived - which is where I am now. In retrospect I am grateful we took the month which gave me tome to start healing. This wasn't my first MC (but my first planned pregnancy) so I already knew I would be "okay" even though it never leaves you buy I still needed some time to sit with the pain. I wish you the best.