February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 8/27

Re: Randoms 8/27

• Options
    I've been lost in the bump hq board reading old post and then going to other boards and seeing the empty shells that exist as reminders to the once active lovely bunch of ladies. I was stuck in my bmb bubble and didn't realize outside of tttc and ttgp that the bump is kind of eh now. It's kinda sad that IF veterans has no real active community anymore. 
    I did the same thing! I stalked the post history of some banned members and man, it was entertaining. We definitely don't call out the stupid now like they used to!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has her first dentist and cleaning appt today, I've been dreading it all week. Maybe she'll surprise me and cooperate 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @magnolia305 I think you should treat yourself after work!

DS went to orientation today. He loves school so transition will not be an issue. They moved him to an integrated classroom because he progressed so well in the summer. I'm proud of him :)
  • Options
    @brittaniLC umm...yummm....
  • Options
    @BrittaniLC I think you get a medal for making pumpkin rolls and can reasonably say that they are what's for dinner. I've been terrible about getting dinner on the table with morning sickness and half the time DH gets a text to pick himself up dinner on the way home if he doesn't want to have leftovers. It's survival mode at this point around here so I applaud your pumpkin rolls!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    DH has agreed to pick up supper. Now I just need to shower for work and clean up the kitchen.

@winnie1122 The second trimester is doing well for me. I couldn't have done this in the 1st!
  • Options
    Mmmmm, pumpkin rolls.

@magnolia305 You have such patience to put up with that!

My tiredness today is brought to you by being woken up with intestinal cramps around 2am, but being unable to poop, then finally getting up at 4am to try to go to relieve the dull ache, which did not happen. Then when I got up at 6 I finally went, but still lost all the sleep. WTF, colon??

TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @rainafire77 That's great! I love that you call him/her Baby Groot. I just saw the movie, he was adorable. I'm also doing a SCS at 39 weeks. I'm glad that you'll get a good memory associated with that date now!

I bought a belly band today. I don't quite need it yet, but the day I do I'll have it. My friend who just had her baby said "It's never too early to buy the belly band!"
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I feel like I'm so behind. We evacuated and I haven't been on here since. Hope everyone is alright and didn't get any major damage!
  • Options
    @mpp06 are you back home now?

Looks like a few of us has appointments today! I had a stressful day at the doctors. My midwife checked for 10 minutes to find a HB on the Doppler but couldn't. Talk about the longest 10 minutes of my life. I had to wait for an ultrasound and it turns out I have an anterior placenta and he was just hiding behind that. I've never had an anterior placenta with my girls so I'm not too sure what to expect. My midwife just said more subtle movements until he gets bigger. Can't wait to start feeling those flutters 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @seitzy3 How scary! Glad everything is ok. Little troublemaker! 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 This one:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0NT52Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hphQzb8ZYXY3G

I bought it because it said top recommended but now I realize that's not Amazon's description, but the manufacturer's. Ah well, still looked good. If it's crap I'll return it. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @seitzy3 I had an anterior placenta with number 3. It took longer to feel consistent movement ( maybe 18-20 weeks) but once I felt it consistently the movements felt the same as with other pregnancies. Nothing else was different. We even had that exact same not finding the heart beat experience at 12 weeks

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @seitzy3 O my goodness, how scary! I'm so glad all is ok! My last appt it was the first time using the Doppler and I felt like it took forever. In reality it probably was less than a minute, but it is so unnerving. And yes, I'm back home. Thanks for asking! We had minimal damage but not far down the road is where Harvey hit initially and it's devastating to see the pictures of all the people that lost everything. Now to watch Houston is just heartbreaking!
  • Options
    Dentist was a win! She did everything they asked without complaint. Polish, fluoride and check up. For a 2.5 yr old I'm so damn impressed I had to really work at not crying at the dentist

@brittanylc I've never heard of pumpkin roll, I need that in my life. What is the filling? Please don't say custurd

@rainafire77 I'm so happy you can have a happy memory to replace such a sad one. How come RCS? 

@seitzy3 that would be terrifying! At least you got to have an ultrasound right away. 

Im 17 weeks and still not feeling movement, the 7th can't come soon enough to reassure me all is alright in there 
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Options
    @sabriel1that makes me feel better. That would suck to not feel him, especially because it's my last pregnancy! 

@mpp06 so glad you didn't have severe damage. I can't believe my eyes when I see pictures. 

@chucksmom15 aw yay for flutters! 

@Aeml1985 so glad she did well. Before my DDs first appointment I hyped up how fun it would be just to get her excited. She did amazing and she's 4.5 now and absolutely loves going to the dentist! hoping my 2.5 year old will be the same way when I take her in a few months 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 No way!!! That is cream cheese frosting!!! I knew your 2.5 year old would do great! Kids are usually pretty good with doctors who aren't putting needles in their bodies!

@chucksmom15 I'm in NW Ohio. Is that within driving distance of you? And exciting for feeling flutters. Aren't they just the best!?!
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 re: pumpkin roll filling, three words: cream. cheese. icing. 

That's better than custard, but whipped filling of some kind would be better, like those whoopie pie roll things. 
    Maube I'll try these out for thanksgiving, my turn to host  

• Options
    @Aeml1985 Have to do RCS because first was emergency c-section & there's a lot of scar tissue. (original doctor who did 1st c-section 15 yrs ago had his license pulled for gross negligence 6 months after DD was born)  Plus I'm an hour & a half away from the hospital so my new doctor would rather I not go into labor and risk a uterine rupture or other complication while driving to the hosptial.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @Aeml1985 Have to do RCS because first was emergency c-section & there's a lot of scar tissue. (original doctor who did 1st c-section 15 yrs ago had his license pulled for gross negligence 6 months after DD was born)  Plus I'm an hour & a half away from the hospital so my new doctor would rather I not go into labor and risk a uterine rupture or other complication while driving to the hosptial.
    Oh that makes sense. I hope that question didn't come across confrontational, I was just being curious. Scary about the dr

and that's a big fat nope on custard. I wish I knew how to make gifs to convey just how gross all things custard/pudding are 

• Options
    Im watching the 20/20 episode about Houston and Harvey from the other night. Yes the stories are  moving and pregnancy hormones have me crying faster than normal and high 5 to mattress mac... but the thing Im not proud to notice most.... ALL of their reporters I've seen so far (halfway thru) are hot. Like at least 2 look like they were in boy bands. Well done 20/20 lol.
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 said:
    That's better than custard, but whipped filling of some kind would be better, like those whoopie pie roll things. 
    Maube I'll try these out for thanksgiving, my turn to host  
    You could try and find a whipped cream cheese frosting recipe. I don't think a whoopie pie filling would be as tasty in this. 

And I can  confirm. It tastes amazing!!!
  • Options
    Pumpkin rolls...

• Options
    @rainafire77 if I do a RCS it would probably be the 16th! Almost buddies. 

@clc515 they got more attractive as the days went on once everyone local was tired! 

Today was absolute madness. Our house (the one we've been worried about) is actually for sale. We were supposed to close on it Tuesday, but that didn't happen. Our agent said it would probably be two weeks. We obviously still had stuff in there since we were supposed to have 4/5 days. Our agent calls last night at dinner time and says hey we can close Friday! I'm like next Friday? No, this Friday. We cancelled our movers (who kept our deposit) rented a Uhaul, my friends took off work to help up. We completely slammed ourselves working today when my agent emails me and says oh I tried to call the title company and they're closed today, I don't know if they're open tomorrow either. Excuse me? You said we could close Friday, we are losing money and my friends took off work to help us move!! No thanks to him, it got pushed through. I wish I could fire the guy but he's filling in for our real realtor while he's on vacation. It was such a long day and DH is still working. The Uhaul place closed early without telling us so now we have to return it at 7 tomorrow morning. I'm so beat I may never walk again. 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 Holy hell! On top of everything nature is throwing at you!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @Aeml1985 I don't think you were confrontational at all! Now if you had said "OMG you're having an RCS? Gawd!" then we'd have a problem! LOL :smile:

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    I went to a dinner party last night with a bunch of friends who are parents. I heard nothing but horror stories about how awful their kids are. Nice conversations to have with a soon-to-be FTM. Good food though! 
    Ha, I have to say 90% of what I pictured my life/kids to be like before becoming a mom is NOT how it actually is. 
    Many times I think "Why didn't anyone mention THIS before I had kids..." 

But I will also say that the love I have for my children is one million times more than I ever knew possible. :) 
  • Options

Yesterday was DD's birthday party and now we have SO many toys. Idk what I'm going to do with them all... time to clean out, I hate clutter. 

Would it be terribly rude to request experiences instead of toys for Christmas? Lol. 

I was sure I felt LO move last week and I've felt nothing since. So now I'm worrying for likely no reason. I know it's still early. 
    We spoke with our parents about the excessive amounts of toys the kids get at Christmas/Birthdays. Our parents understand and see the amounts. They buy a children's museum yearly membership, Zoo membership, and give them each a visa card for a "trip" for their birthdays. Aunts/Uncles/Friends that buy gifts we let them buy what they want as it would be rude to ask otherwise. If they ask for suggestions, we'll give them "experience" ideas (gift certificates to pottery place, trampoline park, skating rink, bowling, etc.)
  • Options
    I'm still all fired up about a conversation I had with a friend on Tuesday. In Canada you can now select gender "x" on your passport, which I think is awesome. my gf thought it was "stupid" and said "why do we need to cater to everyone?!". That was her only justification. I told her "ok fine don't agree with it but people's feelings and identities aren't stupid and it literally has zero impact on your life/ability to make a living/safety or rights". She held her guns and wouldn't give me a better reason why the whole issue (non issue imo) made her so angry. never mind the fact that for androgynous people, having their outside appearance match their specified gender on their passport it's a  safety thing and I think actually eases strain/confusion between travelers and border security. She didn't understand that either. 
    /endrant 

• Options
    Oh and then she tried to say that gender neutral people have a mental illness. Which I said "according to who?" And she said it's a form
    of body dismorphia. What the actual fck?! 

• Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited September 2017
    Aeml1985 said:
    Oh and then she tried to say that gender neutral people have a mental illness. Which I said "according to who?" And she said it's a form
    of body dismorphia. What the actual fck?! 
    I'll tell that to my friend with a trans-male teenager. /sarcasm Ray's known for years he should have been born male. Good thing is he finally got it legally stated that he's male which has made things a lot easier. He's also good friends with my daughter who knew about this years before he came out to the world. 

Edit to emphasize sarcasm in 1st statement 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017