TTC After a Loss

Supplements

What supplements do you take besides PNV?  I just bought some omega 3 fish oil yesterday to add to the mix.  I also take maca root because the energy I get from it is awesome.  I looked into Soy Iso yesterday but it seems like if you already ovulate on your own that you shouldn't take it because it can make you not ovulate.  I was just thinking on these remaining 4 months of the year I might as well try some natural stuff.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Supplements

• ----Lurking, hope you don't mind!

My RE recommended any woman going through fertility treatment/trying to get pregnant to take a vitamin D supplement. Research has shown that women on a supplement are more likely to get pregnant and produce better embryos. 

Ubiquinone was also recommended. It is the more bio-available form of CoQ10. It is supposed to help sperm and egg quality as people age. It is much more expensive that ubiquinol, but my RE said it was a waste of time/money to take anything else.

I also took fish oil during my IVF cycle. 

I would definitely be careful with taking any soy as it mimics estrogen in the body, probably not something to mess with. 

Good luck!

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited August 2017
    thanks so much @BornReady -  I would much rather go this route than clomid if I dont have to.  Yeah I decided not to take any herbs that may mess with my natural hormone levels.  last thing I want is to F them up.

I was actually thinking of buying that egg book that I have heard others talk about.
  • Loading the player...
  • ok I just ordered that book from amazon
  • PNV
    methylfolate (bioavailable form of folic acid)
    Vitamin D
    Omega-3
    Probiotic
    CoQ10
    methylcobalamin (bioavailable form of B12)
    Heme Iron (I am low)
    Magnesium
    Chinese herbs from my DTCM/acupuncturist 

I was deficient in Vitamin D so I was on 4000 IU a day until my levels came up to the 100s and now I'm on 2000 IU/day as maintenance. I also tend to have problems with B12 absorption from food because of my IBS so I will be on B12 probably forever. BUT, low B12 and Vit D are both indicated in miscarriage so good to get your levels checked anyway and get on supplements if you need them. You mentioned energy levels so if you haven't had your iron checked recently I might do that too since low Iron can be indicated in miscarriage as well. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24- it's low energy because either my kid or the puppy will wake me up really early so i'm trying to adjust.  not a morning person.  It might be a good idea to get all my levels check anyways.