1st Trimester
Options

Cancer Survivors?

Hi! I am a FTM at 5w and almost 12 years in remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma, which I was Stage 3B at age 23. 
Ive miscarried twice at 5-6weeks and am pretty nervous about it happening again. But I have no idea if it has anything to do with my cancer history. My ObGYN says no, but then again...how could it not?? They gave me the option of harvesting eggs and single 23-year-old me was like nahh. So if they wanted to do this, wasnt it for a reason? I havent had an issue getting pregnant. Each time was a "one and done" but Im afraid that staying pregnant is harder or that there will be an issue with my baby. Anyone else a freaked out survivor?

Re: Cancer Survivors?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Are you taking progesterone? I was freaked out when I found out I was pregnant that it wouldn't stick. I experienced a cervical adenocarcinoma a year ago and it has affected my fertility. I was working with a RE, so I have been getting ultrasounds early. I'm 11 weeks now, and I had one at 5 weeks, 7 weeks, and 9 weeks. I also got progesterone prescribed to me. It is suppose to be helpful for people who have a history of miscarriage. I would ask your doctor for that, and see about getting an ultrasound to ease your mind. My mind was at peace when I saw on the second ultrasound that my baby grew and had a heartbeat. I hope it all works out for you. I also had people pray for me.