New here! Future single mother by choice — The Bump
Infertility

New here! Future single mother by choice

Hi there! 
I just wanted to introduce myself (hoping I'm in the right board for this) and get to know some of you ladies. 

I am 32 years old and have recently made the decision to have a child on my own within the next year or two. (The reasons are complicated and probably not appropriate for this post) I am not actively trying to get pregnant at the moment, as I am waiting to finish my degree beforehand. 

However, I have tried in the past, with absolutely no success. I have PCOS and a fibroid (last measured at 1cm about 2 years ago) and have never even gotten pregnant and miscarried,at least as far as I know. 

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long journey that involves a lot of patience, so I want to spend the next year or two getting as healthy as possible BEFORE I start actively trying. 

I have not been able to find anything at all on the internet about preparing for a future pregnancy with these conditions that don't involve actual interventions to try to get the woman to ovulate or IVF, etc. So I really have no idea where to start, and I'm hoping to gain some insight as to things I can do before the active trying starts. 

A little about me- I'm obsessed with Star Wars, I have 2 fur babies (cat and dog)and I am pursuing my PhD in Psychology with the hopes of being a college professor someday. 

I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope this is the right place to be!