December 2017 Moms

MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check in 8/22

How far along are you? How big are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? 

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? (I googled questions, this one came up and I thought it was interesting!)

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check in 8/22

• How far along are you? How big are the babies? 23w4d with just one this time! Size of a grapefruit

Any appointments this week/last? Nope! None until Sept 5.

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? We are actually in the process of building now, but if I had the unlimited funding options I think I would have all the high end finishings - marble/granite counters, huge custom kitchen, and probably like 5 bedrooms/3 baths. A huge pool we'd only use for 3 months out of the year and a giant garage for all my toys! It would most definitely be on the water though and would probably have a pool/guest house too.  :) I'd also have a maid and a cook too!! 

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  As the weeks tick by, I just keep thinking how so not ready I am for a newborn again.  It's a good thing I haven't gotten into the nesting stage yet, because the last time I did that the boys came two weeks later.  I'm hoping that feeling doesn't show up til after Thanksgiving!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tmk0325 The house question was fun, but also sort of depressing lol.

22+3, di/di twins, guinea pigs!!
    I went back to the MFM yesterday for a follow up ultrasound. I thought it was going to be quicker than the anatomy scan but it took just as long (basically was another full AS). The good news is these babies are growing like crazy and are actually measuring ahead even by singleton standards. The girl weighs 1 lb 3 oz and the boy weighs 1 lb 7 oz (he more than doubled his weight since the last AS!). I'm glad they're healthy but also sort of freaking out that they're going to be enormous by December!
    GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? 
    I think I'd build a new house in the spot where my current house is located, since it overlooks a lovely pond and I love the town we live in. It would definitely have a big amazing kitchen, since I have a super tiny one now. I wouldn't want the house to be too big, but I'd like it to have enough room for plenty of guests and be very open and have lots of windows and light. It would have lots of beautiful, well kept gardens with fountains and waterfalls throughout the yard, a koi pond, and a big playscape and zipline for the kids (and a caretaker to maintain all the outdoor stuff). I'd also like a nice indoor hot tub, a waterfall shower, central air, and central vacuum!
    Rave: I'm really excited to go to our Expecting Twins class this weekend!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big are the babies?
    25+3, cauliflower (aka enormous)

MFM last week, all gravy

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? (I googled questions, this one came up and I thought it was interesting!)
    Something like my current home, but bigger. More rooms, bigger yard, bigger trees, and bigger shower in the master (being preggers has made this last one very obvious). I refused to settle when we bought our home last year, so I'm actually still very happy with the design and style, plus I love living in a quiet cul-de-sac. Maybe throw in a pool and hot tub.

Raves: booked my maternity photos for right at 30 weeks (and for only $75!!!)
    Rants: general uncomfortableness, feeling huge, lots of rib pain both front & back
    Questions: twinz nursing pillow or my breastfriend twin nursing pillow? I've read mixed reviews
    @leilagphillips I have a class this weekend too, not twin specific, but it's Infant CPR and Safety.  It's been so long since my littles were actually little. Which also the newborn factor slightly freaks me out too @tmk0325, I'm so not ready. 
  • @KathrynJ088 Hope you have a good class! I'm an assistant instructor for a judo class during the school year and the CPR training I need for that will be expiring soon, so I'm planning to kill two birds with one stone by getting re-certified for adult and pediatric CPR, which will cover infant CPR as well.
  • @tmk0325 I'm definitely not ready and I'm hoping and believing that I will make it to 37 weeks. I don't think I'll be ready until the. I really feel like time is flying by now. 

@leilagphillips @KathrynJ088 I'm glad your anatomy scans were great. 

@KathrynJ088 I'm going with the Twin Z. These will be my first kids so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I love the versatility that comes with the Twin Z. It can even be used to prop the babies up for bottle feeding. I think you are thin from your pics and reviews I've read on Brest Friend said that thinner women have an issue with the babies kind of slumping into the hole that you sit in. I of course wouldn't have that problem LOL, but figured I'd mention it.

23+3 with di/di twins and they are the size of grapefruits. 

I had a fetal echocardiogram last week and didn't get the results I wanted for baby girl. They weren't able to get all of the measurements they needed so I have to go back again. That is scheduled for 9/6. I'm praying and believing that the babies just need to grow a little more so that they can get more accurate measurements. 

I would build a house on a lake thats big enough to have our parents in their own wing of the house. I'd love to be able to take care of both sets of parents and save them money. I'd have a nice, big kitchen for a personal chef to use LOL, a big pole barn for my SO's toys, a lovely in ground pool, tons of play areas for the kids and enough bedrooms for visitors.

Rants: Why am I always so tired again like in the first trimester? Why is summer almost over? 
    Raves: I've been walking a lot more. 
    Questions: None 
  • How far along are you? How big are the babies? 22+2 singleton... I think a guinea pig...

Any appointments this week/last? nope nothing for 2 more weeks 

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? (I googled questions, this one came up and I thought it was interesting!) ohhh so many things.... I love our house but we recently found a small amount of water in the basement after a heavy rain ... we just spent a boat load to fix part of the foundation and now this in a different area... unlimited funds would be nice right now) I would add a few more bedrooms... so 5-6, an office, a master bathroom. oh also a fund for someone to clean it for me! ahh and a double car garage... oh and in floor heat...

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  I think I ranted already about the house. Rave: i have pretty much cut out sweets for the last week and its going well. So far this pregnancy I am gaining at the same rate I was with the twins and I want to try to slow that down a bit... 

@KathrynJ088 I have the mybreastfreind and love it. it is big but its great for tandem or single. you can prop both babies up with it.  I loved its support. 
    @tmk0325 I feel you on not feeling ready for another one yet... time needs to slow down!
    @leilagphillips that is great that the twins are doing so well. If they get too big your doc will let you know and they will come out. At the end my twins were measuring 8lbs and 7.5lbs on US... in reality they were 6lbs 10oz and 6lbs 5oz... so just keep that in mind that the later US can be off by more than a pound 
    @clovelyone hopefully it was just a positioning thing and not a size thing its not uncommon for the babies not to cooperate and you have to come back or reposition or wait.  You are tired because you are growing 2 people. its hard work!

I love everyone's ideas for houses and want to steal them all! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 that's good to know about the measurements! I didn't realize they could be so far off!
  • I forgot a rant/question I have that I should have posted in this group. I just saw my new OB for the first time. She was great, but I don't like the schedule they have lined up for me. I was seeing my previous OB every 3-4 weeks (usually 3 weeks) and I know that pretty soon he was planning on bumping it up to every two weeks after what would have been around 27-28 weeks. The new OB has every 4 weeks two more times so a visit at 27, 31 and then 33 weeks. My friend had her twins at 34 weeks so this worries me. Plus, she's saying I'm not really high risk, but to me and previous OB, I am. I'm old, I had IVF, I'm slightly anemic and I'm having di/di twins. When is your doc ramping up your visits? 
  • @tmk0325 You can do it!  If you can do twin newborns, you can do a singleton newborn with twin 1 year olds!  There's my pep talk :)
    @leilagphillips Ive got to sign up for my classes!  I hope it's a good one!
    @KathrynJ088 Im getting the twin z because that's all anyone ever talks about lol. I'm also getting a boppy for feedings on the go/individual feedings. 
    @clovelyone I wish I was getting that so tired feeling!  I've been tired during the day, and then WIRED when it's time for bed. My sleep schedule is all messed up. 
    As far as doctor visits go, since I'm having mo/di twins, I've been seeing a doctor between once a week and every other week. They're going to start ramping me up to once a week in October. But again, I don't have the same kind of twins that you do. Just talk to your doc and see if you'd be able to come in more frequently to keep your mind at ease. I doubt they'd flat out say no. 
    @wabash15 Ugh I hate finding things wrong with my house. I hope that foundation issue gets resolved without too much fuss. 

21+4, babies are the size of endives I think

None this week :)

Hmmmm, it would be around 3500 sq feet, it would have a big ass backyard with a rad pool and outdoor kitchen/bar. 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, gourmet chefs kitchen inside, massive dining room, windows everywhere, and a guest house. Oh, and has fireplaces everywhere. And it would be somewhere in Marin, CA in the woods. Close enough to Tahoe, San Francisco, and wine country. Perfect!

I FINALLY got a good nights sleep last night!  Woohoooooo!!!!  Just in time for my husband to come home from his work trip and snore in my face again.  I'm going to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tonight at this small outdoor venue in Berkeley, Ca, and I'm super excited. But this will be my last show for a while - I've just been getting way too tired and all I want to do is relax at home these days. It'll be a good one to end on :)
    I started listening to a new podcast called The Boob Group, for those of you who are going to be new at breastfeeding. It's good so far. I need all the info I can get!
  • @breezybee Thanks for the input! I've also been more wired at night sometimes, but I slept well last night. 
  • @KathrynJ088 I actually have both of those pillows (we have large families, so I registered for the breast friend pillow and was gifted the twin z from another twin mom when she was done with it).  Here is my honest reaction to them. The breast friend twin pillow is awesome if you plan on nursing and tandem nursing. It's much more study than the twin z pillow and works really well for breast feeding one or both babies at once.  The twin z pillow wasn't as great for breast feeding, however for bottle feeding it is much better and we used it daily for months.  It's softer (more pillow like) and I was able to prop my babies up in it and hold their bottles or as they got bigger prop their bottles up with some towels.  

With that said, I think it depends what your main goal with it is.  If you plan on using it to breast feed and tandem feed go with the breast friend pillow. If you goal is something to maybe use to breast feed, but use to have some place to prop your twins in definitely get the twin z, hands down.  I should note I also have just a regular boppy and that works well for one baby, but not for two for anything.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leilagphillips I wish we had an expecting twins class here!  I haven't found one.  We've done a Baby Basic class and we still have the breastfeeding and the CPR class to go in September.  Let us know how it goes!

@KathrynJ088 I'm planning on the My Breast Friend pillow, but I haven't heard a lot about the Twinz pillow to know which one is better.  

@clovelyone fingers crossed for a great appointment in a few weeks.  We weren't able to get all of our heart measurements for one of the babies at our AS and 4 weeks later we got everything just fine.  I hope it works out the same way for you!  As far as the appointment question--I go every 3ish weeks right now.  Starting at 28 weeks we will go every 2 weeks.  At 32 weeks we will go 2 times a week for a biophysical profile until the babies are born.  If you have concerns, talk to your doctor and see if you can be seen more often.  

How far along are you? How big are the babies?  24w5d with didi twins--Cantaloupes 

Any appointments this week/last? I had an OB appointment and ultrasound this past Monday and an ultrasound with the MFM last Friday.  I am on modified bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy (hopefully it doesn't turn into strict bed rest) and was diagnosed with POTS Syndrome.  I also failed my 1 hour glucose test for the second time (I took the 1 hour and then the 3 hour test in June), so I am going tomorrow for the 3 hour test. 

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? (I googled questions, this one came up and I thought it was interesting!)  I would just like a big porch and a neighborhood with lots of kids for ours to play with.  I would also like hardwood floors like we have no, and I'm sure my husband would appreciate a larger man-cave for all his sports memorabilia  ;)

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  I cried ugly tears when I found out I failed my glucose test today.  Like super ugly tears.  I just don't want one more thing to get in the way of my babies and I want them to be healthy.  I feel like I eat healthy so it's super discouraging.  I passed the 3 hour test in June when the MFM ordered it, so I am hoping I pass again this time.  If not, I will do whatever is necessary for these babies. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @beary67 I know it's not the same as a live class, but the organization running the class I'm attending does have several online twin classes that you might be interested in. There's more information about them in the classes section of twinloveconcierge.com. Also, the class I'm attending is being hosted by a small local baby clothing and supply store, so maybe you might be able to find a similar store in your area that would consider hosting one of the classes if they can generate enough interest.

• @leilagphillips ooooo thanks for the tip!!!  I'll look into this more!  Thanks!
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!
  • 23+4 with the twins. Babies are grapefruit sized

Feeling much bigger this week, also feeling some real distinct movement finally, I'm plus-sized, so I expected it to be later but I'm finding it reassuring.

Had an early day today at work so was home right at four followed by an hour and a half nap. Gloriousness.

MFM appt tomorrow and I'm nervous again, mostly cause DH can't accompany me this time, he's got a committee meeting, with him as co-chair...Stupid assigned meeting times. I don't feel like anything is amiss just general FTM + infertility jitters. Hoping cervix (its been shortening slightly each appt, currently was 2.7) is holding good as missing work with next week being the start of the semester would be seriously less than ideal. Gotta do what the babies need though.

I've gone with the brestfriend twin pillow myself. I've also picked up a couple bobby pillows for infants at the local used kid to kid store. Its super cute and in great shape. : ) I'm going to be in that store all the time I feel.

I'm glad that those with sleep difficulties have gotten some z's under their belt. Sleep well ladies.

• @beary67 Thank you! I'm not sure what POTS is, but that sucks you'll have to be on modified bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy. FX that you pass the GD test, that the bed rest changes and that you and your babies will be just fine. 

@stella700 FX your cervix cooperates. 
  • @beary67 hugs lady. You can cry ugly tears. I hope the 3 hour is good for you. My BFF always failed the 1 hour but would pass the 3 hour. Even if you do have GD most of those babies do great. Fx for no strict bed rest. You are such a trooper.
    @stella_700 how did MFM go?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 thank you!  I'm going to eat something sweet tonight since it might be my list chance and then move on and be positive that it's good to know this stuff early to keep the babies safe! 
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @beary67 sending you good vibes! It sounds like you have a lot going on but just keep hanging in there! We are all here for you too.

@stella_700 are you on pelvic rest? When I had the cervix shortening scare a few weeks ago my doc put my on pelvic rest and said no heavy lifting at all. I hope it doesn't get much shorter for you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennasaisquoi I wouldn't stress too much about growth especially being at the upper end of things. Its good that your growing big healthy babies. If your MFM has concerns later on they'll tell you. (At the end of my twin pregnancy they were both measuring 7.5-8lbs, in actuality they were closer to 6.5 lbs)
       Fx for the potty training... I go back and forth about weather to push it with the twins or just wait.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• My check up went well. Cervix looked much better this time, measuring more than 3. Thanks @tmk0325 @wabash15 she said no further checks as I make viability on Sunday. My BP looks good, my urine sample looks a bit high for protein so that monitoring continues. The babies are growing well each measuring at 1 lb 6oz apiece. Now I know why my belly looks so much bigger, hard to believe that there is almost three pounds of babies in there! They still haven't been able to confirm both genders at the same appointment which makes me a little bit nervous. MFM doctor wasn't happy with her view/lack of of baby B. They couldn't get the measurements they wanted despite me doing yoga moves on the table, apparently I'm particularly dense. Next appt is the 13th and they are going to try a different ultrasound method through my belly button. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Rave: My husband is off today working on a long list of boring, adult tasks. He's booking our shower location, getting his car registration renewed, and working on the childcare situation. I really did luck out with him.

Rant: My frustration with trying to hire students is killing me this semester. Normally everyone is hired and have had at least eight hours of training before the start of the semester. Feeling the pressure to get people slotted in the times we need help and having NO applicants! At least I know the other departments on campus are having the same difficulty trying to find people . Also students if you've applied someplace, anyplace, answer your phone.

My doctor told me to celebrate on Sunday. I think that is excellent advice, we should have Mexican food, pool time, and naps. Also the flooring in the babies room is going in Saturday.
  • @stella_700 Hooray for a good exam!!! I'm so glad the babies look good and so does your cervix! mexican food and pool time sounds wonderful, and the nap even better! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15- Honestly, I'm not a big drinker. But for potty training, I'd happily make an exception. It's mainly trying to stay positive and bite my tongue when I get frustrated. It totally depends on what your thresholds/patience levels are like at this point. Pregnancy exhaustion is definitely making it harder for me. I have totally resorted to making cookies and eating my feelings.  :D He's doing better today, but the connection between "Oh, I gotta go!" and running to the potty isn't quite there yet. My husband is on the hook for day 3, which is when this is all supposed to "click", so fingers crossed! 
  • @stella_700- Congrats, on 24 weeks, and an uneventful appointment. Definitely celebrate. Woohoo! 

Also, there's something about getting the nursery together that makes things extra official. Big week! 
  • @stella_700 so glad you were back up over a 3! Fingers crossed both of us stay there!
    Pregnancy Ticker