December 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 8/21

2) How are you feeling?

3) Do you know baby's sex? Do you have any names picked out?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Where were you for the eclipse today? Did you see it? How was it where you are from? 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 8/21

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks a hot dog, a guinea pig, or a vogue magazine

2) How are you feeling? for the most part OK. the dry heaves reared their ugly head yesterday which is weird because I was only having mild to no nausea, but thankfully today all is well

3) Do you know baby's sex? Do you have any names picked out? (thanks for switching up this question!)
    Nope team green, we have it down to 2 names for boys with eli currently in the front, but for girls we have a long way to go to picking. Currently I favor Ruth as a nod to DH's GM but he's not so keen on it. We like H names (like Helen or Holly but feel like its too close to DD name)

4) Any appointments this week/last? nope

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? we had a productive weekend which was nice. Rant we missed out on the eclipse because of some major rain... oh well.

6) GTKY: Where were you for the eclipse today? Did you see it? How was it where you are from? 
    see above!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks, mango, Barbie doll

2) How are you feeling? I'm doing ok. My energy is finally increasing during the day but nausea has returned some evenings. Nothing terrible but enough to screw with my appetite. Sleeping is already becoming a disaster. I wake up in the middle of the night uncomfortable but I hate adjusting my pillow and all that jazz so I try to just stick it out, which wakes me up even more. And then there the fact I have to pee constantly.

yes girl, her name will be Piper Marie

4) Any appointments this week/last? nothing until next week

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  see above with my sleep situation. Also, we are going to UT to visit my DHs family next weekend. SIL who is pregnant and due in November is also pregnant with a little girl. So MIL and SIL are throwing us a double baby shower. It's baby #3 for both of us and it's going to be a mixture of her crowd and my crowd and I'm just really nervous and uncomfortable about it all. I tried to politely decline but I'm not very good about putting my foot down about things.

I was actually really looking forward to it but I got caught up doing shopping at target. My DH said it was cool though
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    25 weeks! Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower, apparently.
    2) How are you feeling?
    I've been throwing up all day today but the rest of the week wasn't so bad. I'm mostly just tired, hungry, and walking on an emotional high wire.
    team blue! Victor Bèla Eugene.
    Oh my god I can't remember last week..... Nothing this week.

I was at work and it is cloudy and raining. It was neat to see the sky get dark but I didn't see the eclipse itself.
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 weeks, caluiflower

2) How are you feeling? I'm doing alright today. Had a terrible headache this weekend but it's going away. Knock on wood..

girl, her name is Riley

4) Any appointments this week/last? appointment and ultrasound on the 1st of Sept. Excited to see how much has changed I'll be almost 27 weeks then so she will be around 2 lbs.. getting so big :D

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? today was open house at my step son school. Met his teacher and helped out since my husband runs the cub scout pack and always has a table set up. I can't believe landon is in 5th grade! Rant..I saw all the other scout mom's for the first time in a few months and every one of them asked "how are you feeling?" In this concerned tone of voice lol..is this normal pregnancy proctocol? I'm feeling pregnant..haha. I guess I'm no good at small talk to begin with! Also, it's always fun to hang out with my husband's ex.. thankfully co-parenting has become easier as he's gotten older. Landon lives with us full time so it's hard when she does show up to these things to try not to be overbearing. 

we had a viewing party at work. We also had a space themed potluck I brought star shaped sandwiches. I was able to look through someones glasses to see the eclipse it was pretty cool. I believe they said it was 95% totality here in DSM Iowa. 
  • Options
    mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited August 2017
    25 weeks, baby is the size of a head of cauliflower, napa cabbage, bag of popped popcorn, Oscar statue

2) How are you feeling?
    Obnoxious lower back pain from all the cleaning yesterday, but otherwise good. Enjoying the increasingly dynamic movement of the baby, thought wishing it would was more consistent. I figured by 25 weeks I'd be feeling more constant kicks & flips.

Yep, my sweet baby boy, and yes we've had the name picked out for months, but since we're not telling anyone his name until he's born, I just tell people that we haven't settled on one yet. The father along I get, the more surprised and disbelieving the looks I get in response (most people know how Type-A I am about planning everything well in advance).

Nope, next appointment is in September

The usual work-related rants, especially that I'm so sick of having my pregnancy associated/lumped in with my coworkers'. Even today, with her not in (she's never in anymore, I don't know how she gets away with it), another coworker asked me how I'm feeling and then immediately asked me about PG-coworker. It's just so frustrating to be going through my first and probably only pregnancy in her shadow. (...This is the same coworker who walked over to my desk first thing on a Monday morning and announced to me that she was pregnant, knowing I was struggling through infertility and was majorly depressed about it. She had no idea I had just gotten a BFP and I can't imagine what I would have done if that wasn't the case. And because of her I had to tell people at work about my pregnancy WAY before I was ready/comfortable.)

I was at work and I didn't see it, but I watched a little of the coverage on NASA's feed. I didn't have any eclipse glasses or a pinhole box, so I wouldn't have been able to look at it anyways. In the Boston area I think we had 63% coverage. I did see that we'll have a total solar eclipse in MA in the year 2079, so here's hoping I make it to my 90's.

@ngarciabyu I hear you on the sleeping issues. I hate readjusting my snoogle in the middle of the night, but then I lie there obsessing about how much my ear & shoulder hurt. No bueno.

@kersey0208 Congrats on the co-parenting, it can't be easy, but always nice to see when people actually pull it off. Also, a space themed potluck sounds adorable, I love it!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    24 weeks: cantaloupe!

2) How are you feeling?
    okay, but I do have occasional pubic symphysis diastasis pain.

girl. Alice Pauline is currently the frontrunner!

nope! not for a few weeks.

yesterday had major GI issues, but I don't know what it was from. It was a bummer since my stomach hurt but I was still so hungry. I had a big bowl of rice for dinner. Also, I went back to work today (I'm a high school librarian) which is kind of a rant and a rave in one (I like my job, but I really like summer vacation!!!).

Ugh, I was at my faculty retreat in San Francisco and the fog ruined everything. Oh well. 

@wabash15 I love Eil and Ruth! Great names.
    @ngarciabyu I also had sleeping issues last night--baby was kicking me so much I kept waking up!!!
    @brittabatwhite hope you feel better!
    @kersey0208 everyone today at work asked how I was feeling, like do they really want to know that my pubic bone hurts like hell and I have to lift my belly while on the toilet to completely empty my bladder? no, they don't. It's a weird small talk question.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby?  23 weeks, grapefruit

2) How are you feeling? Great other than some pressure. 

Boy, Memphis Randall

4) Any appointments this week/last? had one thursday. Everything was perfect, and I finally didn't gain weight for a month. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally decided on his quilt looks nothing like his brother's, which is kinda cool. Other than that everything else is good

At work :( I did, through a co-workers glasses, but I had a headache and didn't look for too long.  We only had 84% coverage in Akron.  

@wabash15 Love Eli. I wanted that for Everett, but it rhymed with our last name, so that was a hard no unfortunately. :(

@ngarciabyu I feel weird about our diaper shower for #3 but kinda just going with it too. 

@brittabatwhite  I hope you start feeling better. 

@kersey0208  Co-Parenting is hard.  We are dealing with school drama right now.  She has him full time, but we go to everything and we are fighting about preschool. He's behind as it is because of all of the ear infections and tubal surgeries, and she thinks she can just wing it at home.  Unfortunately my 2yo can count better than him, and yes I know kids learn at different paces, but she hasn't done a lot so far, I can't see her being able to homeschool him enough to be ready for kindergarten.  But you're right, it has seemed to get easier as he's gotten older, hoping it gets even easier. (Sorry for the novel)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @kersey0208 I think its a pretty common question to get asked but when 20 people ask you it gets old. 
    @djd0404 I think its common for pregnant women to commiserate so folks often assume that your talking and keeping up with one another even if your not. From one IF mamma to another try to focus on your pregnancy. I know its hard but if you can block her out. Soak up every moment, from the nausea and fatigue, to those first flutters, the big kicks, not seeing your feet for months, having your SO help you dress or even get up at the end of pregnancy. You have worked so hard to get to this point. With IF its true you may not get to experience this again.DH and I were not sure we would ever be back here again and know that this will be our final pregnancy, we are trying to soak up every moment. This is your time to revel. 
    @lavashiner I hope your feeling better
    @AFrye0726 glad everything looked good at your appointment!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    heyooo. look at all these monday gals! @lavashiner we need to add you to the tags at the top.

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  25w cauliflower, maybe a nice purple one or romanesco

2) How are you feeling?  with the exception of yesterday, pretty good. pelvic pain / pressure and generally uncomfortable but nothing extreme.

it's a boy. names...ooof. we have a shortlist of three or four but haven't gotten any further than that. we think girl names are easy and really struggle with boy names. 

4) Any appointments this week/last?  i had another level II ultrasound at the MFM last week. it went very well. baby boy looked great and is still measuring 6 days ahead when you average all the measurements. his head size is even further along because i apparently make babies with big noggins. no issues with blood flow or clots, or (obviously) growth restriction.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  i'm sure you guys saw my rants and raves RE: the maternity clothing struggle. just plain excited to finally have some new pants and a bathing suit. 
    also, i totally signed myself up for an octogenarian exercise class. it's H20 walking, aka walk in a pool. not even like, deep end. just walk in a pool. LOL i have no idea what to expect but my knees and pelvis are already feeling the pressure / joint looseness / soreness from my exercising so i am trying to switch it up one day per week, especially as i continue to get bigger and bigger. it doesn't start for a few weeks (after labor day) and goes through christmas, so unfortunately i have to skip the last month or so (i'll be having an RCS the last week of november). it should be comical and hopefully good for me. 
    still gaining weight like freaking clockwork, the same pace as my first pregnancy when i was a sloth. trying to focus on the fact that i am eating well and getting a ton of exercise and am just generally much healthier, despite the scale mocking me. i don't mind gaining weight - that's what you're supposed to do - but i was hoping for say 30lb instead of 40lb this time.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i was at work in downtown washington dc. i did get outside to observe for a bit, we had 80% coverage. i got some fun pics of the shadows of the leaves on the nearby trees, which looked really neat. we had rain storms come through shortly after the peak so we lucked out. usually we have bad weather luck for these things. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @lavashiner haha one of these days I'm just going to tell them how I really feel ;)

@djd0404 I know what you mean about the lumped in with other pregnant girl thing! Idk if I've shared on here my brother in laws wife is pregnant and I'm not a fan of her so I'm soooo tired of hearing about her pregnancy from my in laws every time I bring up mine. I'm just trying to focus on my pregnancy as hard as others may make it at times!

@AFrye0726 it does get better with time but some things never change! My step son has ADHD and has been in special ed since 1st grade he couldn't read and they were afraid he wouldn't go to second grade. We struggled with his mom debating about medication. He went on it and now going into 5th is reading at like 6th grade or beyond level. She constantly brings it up about how her friend has a kid who was medicated(different med) and how it was so bad for him(her opinion). I personally pray he doesn't need meds/therapy anymore but I think right now the results are speaking for themselves and outweigh the risks at this point. I hope your little one gets the help he needs!

• Options
    Hahahaha, my director just put me in charge of collecting signatures and money for pregnant-coworker's "shower lunch".

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @djd0404   WTAF??

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @anewadventure hooray for new cloths. water walking is great. man when I was pregnant with the twins all I wanted to do was just float in a pool to get some relief from the pressure. Unfortunately the only public pool in town was only open on the weekends... but I was there every week. it was such a funny feeling to feel the twins float up when I got in the pool... Thankfully this time around there is a new indoor pool 2 blocks from my house that is open 7 days a week. It is amazing. I'm with you on the weight gain.  I'm already up 20lbs and I was really hoping to only gain 20-30 for the whole pregnancy... 
    @djd0404 hopefully they put her in charge of yours... but WTF
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx