Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of Aug 21st

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: When you're emotional, feeling stressed or having a generally terrible day, what do you do to cheer yourself up? 
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of Aug 21st

• How far along are you? 16 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? Once again, I'm getting an avacado, and an action figure. It says it should be between 4.5 and 5 inches. 

Appointments coming up? Next Monday the 28th Prenatal Check-Up, and Sept 11th is the anatomy scan.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Been a little bit emotional, lately. I'm able to cry pretty easily and get stressed out even easier. Physically, I've been okay. Still tired all of the time, I'm not really able to get to sleep. I can't get comfortable. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to the anatomy scan. Not only to find out LO's gender, but also to make sure that everything looks alright. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I still keep getting that worry, like I did in the beginning, that the baby isn't alright. It has been coming up more often, lately. I'm not sure why. I guess it's because I don't feel all that pregnant most of the time. I am only 16 weeks, so I haven't felt the baby move yet. That kind of bothers me, too. Idk when that will happen, but I've heard that it can happen anywhere between 16 and 21 weeks and that first time mom's usually don't feel it until later.I guess I just keep thinking about it. I have a Wusic heart monitor and the baby's heart sounds good and strong, so I'm not sure of my problem.

Also, I found out the therapist I've been seeing isn't covered by my insurance. She told me she was, but wasn't making any claims or cashing my checks, so I called the insurance (which is something I probably should've done in the first place, but for some reason I believed her) and they said she is a "participating out-of-network provider", and that they only cover 65%, so I had to stop going because I can't afford to go. That's also pretty frustrating. I really don't feel like getting acquainted with another therapist, so I guess I'm done for now. 

GTKY: When you're emotional, feeling stressed or having a generally terrible day, what do you do to cheer yourself up? Sometimes calling my mom for a vent session works, a good cry also helps, music sometimes work for me too. Disney movies and snuggling with my big ol' fuzzy dog helps too. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 9+3 

How big is baby? Size of a jack (playing jack) - did you all ever play Jack's? We did in the city.

Appointments coming up? First midwifery appt on Sat! A little nervous.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Tired of feeling disinterested in food and having no energy to do anything fun.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Hearing the baby's heartbeat.

Rants/Raves/Questions: None right now.

GTKY: When you're emotional, feeling stressed or having a generally terrible day, what do you do to cheer yourself up? I listen to music or watch t.v. When I have more energy, I'll go back to yoga! ✅ And I'll start massages up again after the first tri.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @nmd9168, the lag between milestones is killer. The baby is in there growing peacefully. Only a few days until the appointment. Do something fun this week!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ishmoney I know!!! It feels like forever between these ultrasounds!! I've been super overly emotional this week lol Thank you for reminding me to keep things in perspective. Btw, we used to play giant jacks in my yard, with a huge bouncy ball and very large jacks. I had the regular metal jacks, but never really used them. They would just end up on the floor for my parents to step on and then scream in agony. lol Good luck at your first appointment this weekend!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nmd9168 I'm going to try to keep my focus on Ovia / What to Expect to-do-lists to distract myself! Lol. I just can't wait to hear the heartbeat!  I actually bought some jacks a few year ago...it was so nostalgic.........maybe I'll play them with baby cause I'll still have them...I save sentimental things. Smh.
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 6w3d

How big is baby? The size of a blueberry

Appointments coming up? 1st Appt on Sept 5th

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I'm definitely feeling anxious. The first week or so I felt gross all the time, but that seems to have gone away for the most part. I am exhausted though and hit a wall everyday around 2-3pm and need a nap!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? My first appointment! I've never made it past 7 weeks so reaching my first appointment will be a huge milestone for us. For some reason I just have a good feeling about this pregnancy so I'm trying to stay optimistic while still fearful.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Curious about what to expect at the first appointment?

GTKY: When you're emotional, feeling stressed or having a generally terrible day, what do you do to cheer yourself up? Right now, there isn't a whole lot other than eating that I do to make myself feel better...haha.

• @toesinthesand-2 I'm sure every doctor is different, but my first appointment was a pretty in depth check-up. My OB did blood-work a few days before and she revealed the results at that appointment, then I got my first US. She also took my weight, we talked about my past MMC, discussed how I've been feeling as far as symptoms and/or problems and discussed proper pre-natal care. This one will probably be one of the longer appointments. Every consecutive appointment until your 2nd Trimester appointment will be a quick check-up. Hope all goes well for you! Welcome to the board! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @toesinthesand-2 I second @nmd9168 's comment. With my first pregnancy, the first appt was A LOT of info. General check up with u/s, blood pressure etc. Plus, discussing future appt schedules, worries, concerns, expecations. It was long, but really informative! Hope your appt goes well!

How far along are you? 
    4w4d

How big is baby? 
    poppyseed

Appointments coming up?
    first ultrasound next week!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    a little anxious and worried,  but working to manage it. Tired, very sore boobs, and occassional dizziness

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?
    seeing the heartbeat!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    None right now

GTKY: When you're emotional, feeling stressed or having a generally terrible day, what do you do to cheer yourself up? 
    watch a favorite show, read a good book, float in the pool, play with the dogs!
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker