November 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 8/21

I'm in my 3 hour. I have a full day and will be WFH for a few hours with a 4 year old and I don't have eclipse glasses. 

Re: Monday Bitchfest 8/21

• Options
    Today DS1 is supposed to start school and he was really excited about it, but his vague cough has turned into a nasty cough and now he can't go for the entire first week. He needs to go, I need him to go, and now we have to wait another week. :( The baby has started sniffling too. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ariasbabyblog I'm sorry that really stinks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ariasbabyblog that stinks. Why can't he go all week? Does he have a fever?

I caught a cold the last day of our vacation (Friday) and it has gotten progressively worse so that I was having a very hard time breathing last night and this morning. Fetal movement slowed down a lot. After speaking with OB nurseline then PCP nurseline, I was told to go to urgent care / ER. Of cours the doc says my lungs sound fine even though I am clearly struggling to breathe. Makes me feel like I'm being over dramatic. Thankfully they gave me a neb treatment and an Rx for an inhaler and steroids (which I will only fill if the inhaler is not working and ob approves). I just feel like crap and was hoping that I maybe had something an antibiotic could help with. 
  • Options
    @mymulligan
    That sounds to me like bronchitis if your lungs sound fine but you're still having difficulty breathing. They gave me Amoxicillan for that because there's not a whole lot they can prescribe you. I also had the inhaler and the steroids. My OB said it was all fine.
  • Options
    Yikes @mymulligan that sounds super scary. I hope you can rest up and get well. 
  • Options
    Pre-K starts tomorrow and they just let us know that each child needs to bring their own daily snack and a labeled beach towel. Ugh. Now we have to go get a beach towel that isn't ripped up and I'm going to need to come up with a snack rotation that I thought was being taken care of by the school. 
  • Options
    That's frustrating @lancomechica2 ! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to notify parents. I'm thankful our Pre-k program provides snacks and lunch. We don't have allergies in our home but I get so nervous that I will unknowingly send something with an allergen harmful to another child.
  • Options
    Also to follow-up on my earlier post, the OB nurse and urgent care doc both said it's normal for baby movement to slow down when mom is sick, which I didn't realize. They wanted to make sure I was feeling him at least once an hour and the doc listened for heart tones, which were perfectly normal. 
  • Options
    @mymulligan I hope you get to feeling better soon! Sickness on top of normal pregnancy sounds awful! I'm sure it was a relief to know that the slowed movement is normal. 
  • Options
    He peed while in the cage, after being put there for peeing in my dining room. He wasn't even in there that long. I can't take the bad dogs today. 
  • Options
    @mymulligan sorry you are feeling so crappy.  Hope you start feeling better soon! Good to hear that everything is ok with baby though. 
  • Options
    Sorry everyone is having such a rough start to the week  :/ 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    Baby kept me up all night. I got about 2 hours of sleep and then was sent an hour away with 2 clients (lower functioning) to go to a mall for the day. One uses a wheelchair for outings and one has a walker. It was a glorious day for me to be running on no sleep. We were there all of 2 hours because we had to get back. I spent the same amount of time driving as I did at the mall.
  • Options
    Is anyone over 28 weeks starting kick counts? I wasn't told to do them but just realized I'd hit that mark.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @Abby7 I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow. I know that's the point they start kicking counts but it's also important to know that baby gets into a sleep wake cycle by now so there will be some times when they are quieter and other when they are super active. 
  • Options
    As much as I love my job, I hate the chaos of the 1st day of school. I don't think exhausted comes close to describing how I'm feeling today. 

Didn't think I'd have to deal with a 1st grader dropping an f bomb the first day of school.  :#

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words.

@MaximumEffort I would be furious. Sad to say but I have such little patience for my dog since having kids. Last week I woke up to to learn the dog puked in our bedroom, and pooped and peed in 3 other rooms in our house! I was beyond furious. That being said, Is it possible he has a medical issue? 

@hillaryo14 I give you and all the teachers so much credit. I'm sure the start of the school year is beyond physically and emotionally exhausting! 

• Options
    @mymulligan they are my husband's dogs, im their stepmother really since we got married in October.  They have never been trained. This one though usually doesn't pee on things since he is fixed, the little one tends to be more of a little sh*t and pees on our stuff. He was only in the cage for a couple hours and when he peed in the dining room my DH was home. No medical condition.
    I've never had much patience for them. Just bought that kennel, cost me a pretty penny and took 33 weeks to get it, all so that room could be complete and the dogs would have a nice big cage.  He's on my short list.  

I wrote before earlier in pregnancy when I came back from teeball with DD after being gone only 2 hours and my husband left the dogs to roam in the house and they peed and pooped in DDs room.  The little one has peed in her room, all along my kitchen cabinets, just thus week on DHs laundry basket. Idk what up with them but I'm about to let them loose outside. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort I wouldn't blame you one little bit. 
  • Options
    @mymulligan He does not have a fever, but there are several immuno-compromised kiddos with some serious health issues and I don't feel ok sending him to school with a nasty, gurgling cough. My DH just got over this cough and his turned into a lung infection (he is immuno-compromised too) and I don't want to risk the other kiddos. 

• Options
    @Abby7 I'm 27 weeks but started them at 25 weeks. They said as soon as he was kicking consistently to start 
  • Options
    It's Friday, but I really need to make a quick non-pregnancy vent.  I specialize in tax law.  My firm has hired a tax analyst whose sole job is to review auditor excel files for accuracy.  She's not very good at her job but, due to some medical treatment complications, my firm is in a bind regarding her long-term status as an employee.  I gave her a priority assignment (passed along from the managing partner of the firm) to do Wednesday evening after having spent 2 hours of my own time working through the spreadsheet.  The remaining work should have taken her 2-3 hours tops.  Not only did it take her all day yesterday, requiring several interventions on my part to redirect the work she was doing, it turns out she did it completely wrong.  I have a conference call with the auditor this morning.  Now, instead of wrapping my brain around possible settlement discussions, I have to fix all her work.  My name is on the line with this case, and I take the hit with the managing partner for her errors, in the sense that I should be more closely and better monitoring her to ensure she does the work properly.  ARGH! 

This is just the latest in a pattern of shoddy work.  Everything she does needs to be redone or fixed.  Everything.  I've tried to play the nice, "Switzerland" neutral part for the last few months as I've found my own footing in the firm, but I'm really, really frustrated.

(Thanks for listening!)
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 sounds like she needs to be reassigned because it's not fair for you to have to put your job on the line each time she does a job. It's like giving a toddler the task of folding laundry, you're going to have to do it yourself afterwards so what's the point of them wasting company time with these assignments? If she needs a sitter than they should reconsider. 
  • Options
    So aggrivated with some of my grade level teachers at school. Apparantly their last principal didn't care how their lesson plans were done. It is so irritating having them rely on me and another teacher to teach them how to do lesson plans! You have been teaching for multiple years now; we have first year teachers who aren't this incompetent! What they tell us we are going to do barely comes close to what they actually put on the plans, and they don't look at the calendar for where we should be in the book/curriculum. I understand our district's new lesson plan template is confusing, but we don't have time to hold your hand, as we also are figuring it out and do OUR part of the plans. Argh!!

@curiousfool1 I think our coworkers may be clones of each other! Hope it gets better, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.
  • Options
    @hilaryo14 I have had to turn off my lights and close the doors the last two years since my room is next to the faculty room and I couldn't get work done with everyone asking me to help them with stuff. I wouldn't mind it if they actually contributed material to our shared Google Drive folder... but since they don't and I'm going on leave, I didn't feel bad about taking all of my materials out of it. I got a little snappy last year when I had to tell people several times to read the email or watch the video I sent. They aren't helpless - it's called being lazy and it's not fair.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I'm half tempted to move my lamp to my small group table at the back of the room where I can't be seen from the door to work back there! But, then they'd text me to ask for help. I told our grade chair (the other reliable team member) that she should join me on maternity leave!  :D