Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment - Week of August 21

Happy Eclipse Day!

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: I'm sure this has already been asked but, if you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Me: 38 DH:39
TTC #2 - August 2016
MFI
IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18

Re: IF Testing and Treatment - Week of August 21

• Loading the player...
  • @shortstack930 Good luck at the RE today! And that is so exciting about school, congrats!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @shortstack930 That's a lot of good news!  Good for you for living more for you!  And school!!  Good luck today!
  • @Redpuma119 We've only been trying on our own, and I hate that I have the attitude of "Why am I even bothering?" It really varies day to day. GL to you!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @RVAmom315 have fun! 
    @shortstack930 YAY! Good luck with nursing school!!! I hope you get in!
    @50Wife I am sorry the IUI didn't work this cycle. FX for this new one

• RVAmom315RVAmom315 member
    edited August 2017
    @olliegolly Haha I wish DH would do that! It had been like pulling teeth with him, although this cycle he's been very accommodating :wink: I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope you can get some relief as soon as possible!

ETA Words
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • KristoKekerooni Ugh. Sorry for all the troubles! My DH just had his wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago and he got a dry socket as well! Hope yours heals soon.

shortstack930 Yay for moving forward with RE. Hopefully the surgery goes well and they’ll find something.

olliegolly Good Luck finding a place that will do what you need. The RE’s I went to also did the RPL/IF tests, and would fix issues they found. So maybe a regular RE would help you as well?  But when my tests all were clear, the first RE told me all he could do was IVF. The second told me I was fat. So…. I haven’t had good luck with that.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @purplg8r I completely agree with @redpuma119. Some things are bad but some things are nothing. Definitely shoot me a PM if you want to talk offline -- I went through the same thing, and one thing turned out to be nothing but one was a problem. Sending you big hugs as you navigate this.

@olliegolly Sorry for what you are dealing with and the lack of docs to help. That sounds so frustrating. So, I have a sort of strange suggestion. I had a really complicated recovery from d&e and my RE mentioned the potential for scar tissue. He said that with minor cases it's easily treatable with surgery but for more severe cases, there are currently a few clinical trials to figure out combinations of hormonal treatments and surgery that resolve the problem. It's my understanding that Asherman's is a relatively new diagnosis (not like last year, but compared to things we've known about for 100 years) and people are looking into it. So if you can't find a doctor near you, is there a medical school you could contact to see if there are nearby clinical trials or newer treatments? (If you're comfortable with that)

• @olliegolly If you are talking about CNY fertility they are awesome about answering questions and even more amazing through their patient portal.  You can create an account at any point but I'd honestly just call.  I'm not sure if their services extend to everything that can be preventing you from getting pregnant or if they would refer you out but it's worth the question!!! They are awesome! Message me if you have questions.
  • olliegollyolliegolly member
    edited August 2017
    @adriat That's a great suggestion! We're not far from Dartmouth, I work in Albany and we're do-able to both Boston and NY and Montreal so there should be SOMETHING between all of those cities. I am meeting with this new OB at the end of Oct and she seemed willing to work with me find solutions, so  I am hoping this will be a good gateway to actually getting the help I need.
    @leekat14 eeek so exciting!