Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekday Randoms 8/21-25

It's Monday.

How are you guys doing this fine morning?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Weekday Randoms 8/21-25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe it's because I'm not in the totality. People keep posting on FB to keep pets and kids inside. It's almost hysteria. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @nitnat007 Ugh... *hugs* Maybe just a, "MIL, I didn't mean any offense by calling you a 'prude', I hope it didn't hurt your feelings and that we all can move past this," would work?  That's a stupid thing to have to apologize for especially just for the sake of civility, and I HATE when you have to be the "adult".  Typically with my MIL I ignore her until I don't care anymore and she eventually gets over her butthurt and then moves on with life and we never mention it again LMAO.  But that's not necessarily that easier or "best" way to deal with it.  Plus my MIL is an interesting character :D love her, but she's a nut sometimes.

ETA: also that fact that you feel like you aren't allowed to voice your opinions when they contradict hers is so hard, I am so sorry for that!  That is so unfair.  Does YH understand at least?  The fact that MH knows how crazy his mom can be and understands how I feel is all that I care about.  Thankfully I know he has my back, although he will definitely point out when I'm the one being "overly sensitive".  He's a good sounding board :)  Lately I've been trying to "bite my tongue" when she does something to bother me and then vent to DH and then I let him "handle" her.  It's hard af, but has been successful recently, she seems to listen/hear him out better than if I were to say the same exact thing.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts You would think that the simple apology would have worked, but I was foolish enough to put the word "if" in my statement, therefore this was not accepted. ie "I apologize if I offended you".
    DH didn't help matters by coming to my defense, especially since she seemed the think that I also attacked her character, questioned her generosity etc as well. But hey, she says that she does her best to accept my "lifestyle and views" whatever that implies!!
    They are now at odds and it just really isn't sitting well with me at the moment. I honestly do not handle conflict well. It should have been left alone to die a slow death, but its too late for that now. Its been almost 3 weeks and it doesn't seem to be resolving itself. 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts This is my first conflict with her. And I feel like I am threading on thin ice here. But I have always said, she is lovely, until you are on the wrong side of her. She seems to hold a grudge in the worst way. DH definitely has my back and thinks that she owes us the apology now due to her handling of this situation and the fact that it has been completely blown out of proportion. He knows that she loves the drama and that she always needs "something" and if it had not been something that I said on that day, then it would have been someone else. 
    On this subject I know that I was 100% correct though and her ideas and beliefs behind it are outlandish. I completely spoke my mind and for that I will not apologize. But in the future, I will be spending very limited amounts of time around her. And at the time, I really, really wanted to be petty and hit back hard. But I knew that I needed to be the bigger person and say my apology. The fact that I have to do it again is really infuriating. 
    And to think, all of this started because of a bikini!! 
  • Options
    @nitnat007 Ugh, those type of people are the WORST.  I am soo sorry you have to deal with that mentality/love of drama/everything is blown out of proportion :(  That totally sucks!  

I'm glad you know that she's being ridiculous.  Only reason I mentioned it was because one of my big issues with conflicts was due to an adults anger management issues when I was growing up.  I was "afraid" of being angry, so I would just go along and try my best not to create any conflicts.  Simply, having a counselor tell me that it's okay to be angry about something was like a light switch.  Silly in hindsight, but that really made a huge difference.     

Hopefully you don't have to see her often?  (my in laws live approx 1 mile from our house so mine are pretty unavoidable lol).  Good for you being the bigger person though!  That's one of the hardest things to do sometimes.  Limited contact is great when you don't see each other often to begin with :)

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @nitnat007. *hugs*  I agree with @lurvleybunchococonuts on the "and I'll do my best to accept your views and lifestyle."  I regularly offend mine.  She is your description of lovely until you are on the wrong side.  I'm sorry you feel so crappy about the conflict.  Having your H on your side is for sure helpful!  Has she been telling other family members about,your terrible views on *gasp* swimwear? Since he thinks she owes the appology, is he supportive of you appologizing nd the conflict?  Hopefully however this particular conflict ends, it ends soon and you can have peace :)  

@lurvleybunchococonuts. You are right-feelings are NEVER wrong.  It is all how you respond that makes it appropriate or not.  

• Options
    @nitnat007 She sounds like she is being extremely manipulative. I understand feeling protective of your character but it really seems like you did nothing wrong! So sorry you're going through this drama. Glad to hear your H is being supportive of you and you can face this as a unit. 
  • Options
    @nitnat007 I'm so sorry you're dealing with that drama.  It sounds like you and YH are dealing with it appropriately, and I hope she starts to realize that she's being childish.  Creepy internet hugs to you. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @nitnat007 Ugh, on the bright side the FB delete/her childish attitude/distancing yourself from her may actually be for the best.  YH has a point, you apologized, she chose not to accept it.  Apologizing again may not make a difference in her mind.  She may decide to still not accept the apology and continue being a child.  I would try my best to ignore her from this point on.  It's tough when you feel that she's attacking your character, but hopefully the people that matter will know the "real" you and will realize something fishy is going on.  If anyone else brings it up (other family members) or try to guilt you about it, I'd politely inform them that it's not something you wish to discuss with them nor is it their business.  It's between your MIL, YH, and you.  Hopefully if you show her that you don't care/have moved on, whether she's involved in your lives or not, might make her realize that if she truly wants to be part of you and YH's lives she needs to behave like an adult and get over herself.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @nitnat007  Ugh!  So frustrating about the drama with your MIL.  She sounds very immature here.  Glad YH is fully supportive of you.  I hope it blows over quickly.  <3
  • Options
    @nitnat007 YH has a great point that you already sincerely apologized.  MIL chose not to accept that.  If the opportunity presents, restating the same apology seems appropriate rather than creating a new one.  However, clearly, as you came to the conclusion, something deeper seems to be going on with MIL.  I liked @lurvleybunchococonuts 's response about handing it if/when other people ask you about it.  You are making the right decisions for you & YH.  *hugs* Conflict that doesn't settle well is terribly uncomfortable.  I hope you can find something fun to focus on :)
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts @jrm_14 Being off of FB for now is probably best, and you are right, her actions at this point are only a reflection on her, not on me. The people that know me, are well aware of how that entire situation should have been interpreted and that I would never have been blatantly disrespectful like that. 
    As for the rest of the family, I had already reached out to BIL, as he was actually the person that I had called a prude, and ensure that he was not offended. He was appreciative of the fact that I reached out, but assured me that he had far thicker skin than that and was not easily offended. He added that MIL is over sensitive. He actually apologized to us because he thought that his wife had been offensive. So I think I am good on the family front. 
    Man what a mess I have managed to make! 

Thanks again ladies! I going to do my best to not let this situation affect me anymore. It has already stolen too much precious time. Life is too short and there are far more important things at hand  :)

• Options
    I'm kind of annoyed at DH. He needed to move the car for alternate side parking, so he went to the post office to pick up a TV he had shipped home he was trying to get the insurance claim on. In his haste, he left his phone home.

I have a nail appointment in 15 minutes, and still need to go to the bank and get to the nail salon. I have no way of contacting MH and am kind of at a loss as to what to do. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @jsnakehole Ugh, that is frustrating! It really bothers me when you cant reach people by cell phone. Why do you even have one? 
    Hope he gets home soon and you are still able to make your appointment!
  • Options
    @jsnakehole Were you able to make it? Or reschedule your appointment? 

• Options
    @jsnakehole  that's so annoying!! Remember the days when we didn't have cell phones at all.... I don't even remember how plans were made!?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Guys I really like the new Ke$ha album. I have hated every Ke$ha song I have ever heard until now.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin This video is what always comes to mind when I think of Ke$ha. Someone made a video of Tik Tok with original series Star Trek footage. It's kind of awesome.
  • Options
    Ladies, I have a question in the spoiler. TW* loss mentioned * TW Please let me know if I should take this question elsewhere!

Ok, one of our dear friends suffered a miscarriage today at 20 weeks. My heart is breaking for them, as this was their miracle baby after giving up on IVF. I know nothing we do will make this better but we would like to send a care package. Do any of you have ideas on what might provide some comfort without being inconsiderate? Maybe provide food so they only need to focus on themselves? H was thinking maybe a spa treatment but I'm not sure about that one. 

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @skilledsailor I am so sorry for your friends loss. What a devastating thing to go through. I apologize because I really don't have much advise offer. I'd probably do food that's easily stored & reheated or a gift certificate to a take out/delivery restaraunt near them? Maybe once she's feeling up to it going to the spa together would be nice. I would think simply just being there for her will be appreciated. 

@adirat *hugs* I can't imagine going through that and I very selfishly hope I never have first hand experience of it. 
    <3 I may not be the best experience wise, but I'm always here to listen if you ever need to talk

Eta words

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!