November 2017 Moms
Options

Quick rant

Daughter just broke a snow globe that was a wedding gift she is fine and everything has been cleaned up but I know my husband is going to say something when he gets home tonight about me needing to keep a better eye on her I was literally right around the corner in our kitchen receiving money being dropped off from the girls mom I babysit for and all of a sudden we hear a shatter and I immediately grabbed her and checked her and started the clean up. Just going to be annoyed because I do keep a very close eye on her at all times and he knows this but he still will say something. I'm a stay at home mom who literally does it all every diaper change, feeding, bath, bed time night time wakes you name it I do it plus keep our house in immaculate condition everyday all on my own with minimal to very little help from hubby with our daughter let alone house work so. Just feeling a little guilt I guess even though I know I didn't do anything wrong accidents are going to happen.

Re: Quick rant

• Options
    I'm so sorry!!! That's gotta be the worst feeling. I know when something like that happens here I feel the same way. Right now I work outside the home and have a medical condition so I definitely don't do much around the house. DH works ALOT more than I do so he expects me to do everything and when it doesn't get done he gets pissy. So I definitely understand the men having higher expectations with anything - cleaning, you watching your daughter better, etc. I wish they'd understand that's not how it works ...I hope he's not as mad as you're expecting. And just remind him it was a thing, as special as it was, and your daughter isn't hurt - that's what matters 
  • Options
    ShortStuff5ShortStuff5 member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks yeah sometimes he forgets all that goes into my "job" the item itself is salvageable just won't have the glass around it and water but the love birds inside are still in perfect attached conditon so just a matter of breaking off the rest of the glass shards and cleaning it up to be safe. She felt terrible for breaking it as a 19 month old she knew she made a mistake and was very upset with herself and cried I reminded her it was an accident and that mommy wasn't mad but no more grabbing things off shelves especially glass items which are now all put away to avoid future mishaps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If my husband ever got pissy with me over something like that, he'd be thrown to the curb. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My first advice is to forgive yourself because kids will get into things even right in front of our faces. Second piece of advice is to go plan a day to yourself and let him watch the LO for the day. Sounds like you deserve a day off!
  • Options
    Agree with @ShePersisted
    things happen. Kiddo is ok and it's not the end of the world.