June 2016 Moms
Options

Heroes & Zeros: 1yr Edition

This is a bit late for the 1yr mark but we haven't done one in a while. 

Re: Heroes & Zeros: 1yr Edition

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Heroes:

Nuby No-Spill Clik-It Flip N' Sip Cup with 360 Straw: The only straw sippy cup that has worked the way we hoped thus far. It doesn’t leak as much as other straw cups and Damien drinks just fine from them.

Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit All in One Convertible Car Seat: Damien seems to prefer this to his old carseat. He has more legroom and it’s I think more comfortable overall.

Summer Infant 2-in-1 Cushy Cart Cover: I like the piece of mind that he isn’t directly in contact with the cart, who knows what’s touched it.

Boon Ripple Bathtub Mat: No slip and hangs up so I don’t have to worry about it getting mildew.

Zipper PJs: Still great for easier changes.

Baby Butz butt cream: A continued godsend for whenever there is even a hint of a rash. Takes care of it within 24hrs.

Vicks mini cool mist humidifier: We pretty much use this nearly every night since Damien is always congested. His nights have improved since using it.

NoseFrida: See above.

Baby Bjorn Travel Crib (Light): I –love- this friggin’ travel crib. It’s light, compact, so easy to setup/take down, and an easy clean. It’s traveled all over with us and Damien sleeps just as well in it as he does in his crib.

Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker: He has always loved the play panel but once he was more mobile, he loves

The Office: We usually don't have the tv on when Damien is up and about but when we do, it's usually The Office for easy background noise (I've seen every episode a million times so I don't have to watch to know what's happening). He loves the theme song and will stop whatever he is doing to watch and listen. Michael Scott makes him laugh as well, go figure. 

Zeros:

Play yard: I don’t even remember what the brand is but after using the Baby Bjorn travel crib, I can’t imagine lugging this thing around and trying to set it up/take it down. It was great while he was sleeping in our bedroom but we haven’t used it since then.

Bibs: They were great when he first started eating solids but at this point, we rarely use them. He does get dirty but so does everywhere else. I just kinda gave up.

Stuffed animals: My in-laws insist on giving Damien stuffed animals and we end up just throwing them out. He only cares about his stuffed bunny and honestly, we don’t want a million stuffed animals floating around.

Baby Gate: We have a tiny condo and it is an open-concept so putting up gates thus far has been a big fail. We’re looking into free-standing ones so maybe that will help. My biggest concern is the kitchen, Damien loves being underfoot in there and I’m just so afraid of something being dropped or spilled on him or him touching something that could hurt him.

Nuby Tear-Free Rinse Pail: Damien still hates it, doesn't matter what I use to rinse him off with. 

• Options
    Heroes:

Nuby No-Spill Clik-It Flip N' Sip Cup with 360 Straw: The only straw sippy cup that has worked the way we hoped thus far. It doesn’t leak as much as other straw cups and Damien drinks just fine from them.

Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit All in One Convertible Car Seat: Damien seems to prefer this to his old carseat. He has more legroom and it’s I think more comfortable overall.

Summer Infant 2-in-1 Cushy Cart Cover: I like the piece of mind that he isn’t directly in contact with the cart, who knows what’s touched it.

Boon Ripple Bathtub Mat: No slip and hangs up so I don’t have to worry about it getting mildew.

Zipper PJs: Still great for easier changes.

Baby Butz butt cream: A continued godsend for whenever there is even a hint of a rash. Takes care of it within 24hrs.

Vicks mini cool mist humidifier: We pretty much use this nearly every night since Damien is always congested. His nights have improved since using it.

NoseFrida: See above.

Baby Bjorn Travel Crib (Light): I –love- this friggin’ travel crib. It’s light, compact, so easy to setup/take down, and an easy clean. It’s traveled all over with us and Damien sleeps just as well in it as he does in his crib.

Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker: He has always loved the play panel but once he was more mobile, he loves

The Office: We usually don't have the tv on when Damien is up and about but when we do, it's usually The Office for easy background noise (I've seen every episode a million times so I don't have to watch to know what's happening). He loves the theme song and will stop whatever he is doing to watch and listen. Michael Scott makes him laugh as well, go figure. 

Zeros:

Play yard: I don’t even remember what the brand is but after using the Baby Bjorn travel crib, I can’t imagine lugging this thing around and trying to set it up/take it down. It was great while he was sleeping in our bedroom but we haven’t used it since then.

Bibs: They were great when he first started eating solids but at this point, we rarely use them. He does get dirty but so does everywhere else. I just kinda gave up.

Stuffed animals: My in-laws insist on giving Damien stuffed animals and we end up just throwing them out. He only cares about his stuffed bunny and honestly, we don’t want a million stuffed animals floating around.

Baby Gate: We have a tiny condo and it is an open-concept so putting up gates thus far has been a big fail. We’re looking into free-standing ones so maybe that will help. My biggest concern is the kitchen, Damien loves being underfoot in there and I’m just so afraid of something being dropped or spilled on him or him touching something that could hurt him.

Nuby Tear-Free Rinse Pail: Damien still hates it, doesn't matter what I use to rinse him off with. 

I wonder if he will end up like I did. I love watching cheers now because I remember my dad watching it in the evenings while playing with me. The theme song makes me so happy lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Tawny87 I love that! Maybe he will, that would be great. 
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited August 2017
    Our life savers have been the pack and play, Evenflo baby trainer cups (this kid took right to them and never went back) baby Tylenol (for only having two teeth he always seems to be teething) the Bumbo, and our VTech activity walker.

Forgot my zeros: baby carrier, bottle sterilizer (used it all the time with the girls because they were preemies and I was paranoid) that's about it. 
  • Options
    @vintagevix2016  I'm with you on the stuffed animals. I keep donating them, but DH is so attached because everyone got us cute pilot teddy bears.

Heroes:
    Bapron baby bibs- wear like and apron and long enough to tuck under the high chair tray so Jackie doesn't pull it up. And it's machine washable and rinsed easily for everyday use.

Exergen forehead thermometer- once you get the hang of how to use it, it works great and gets a decent temp without waking kiddo.

Pouches-of any kind. I wish I had the time and energy to make my own, but I don't. Plus the store bought are shelf stable.

Zeros:
    Medela pumping bags, especially the pump n save. I know most of you aren't still pumping but I used one today because I pump into bags on Fridays. It's the only one I will ever use. They are thick and difficult to open and only have one zipper.

Butt buddy or whatever the overpriced diaper paste spatula is called. It's good if you use tubs to get into the bottom corners, but otherwise overhyped.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Heros: 
    -360 straw cup

-Ergo carrier. At almost 14 months I still keep it in the car and stick her on my front or back to do errands at least once a week. She won't sit down in a shopping cart, so it's my only hope of getting groceries. 

-Aldi diapers and wipes. By far the least expensive, and actually my favorite store brand baby products, especially for wipes. 

-robeez shoes. They are the only kind that stay on her skinny little feet.

Zeros

-pack n play. My other kids loved it when we traveled, but Nadia has a total fit any time she has to sleep in it. Go figure 

-Most baby toys. She would much rather be playing with her big siblings toys or my pots, pans, or purse, etc. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker