June 2016 Moms

FFFC

Happy almost weekend everyone. Any confessions today? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I might get flamed for this...

I get kind of annoyed when my son's friends who are only children come over, because most of them treat my younger girls terribly. So many of his school friends are only children with very professional, well off parents, and they kind of live in an adult world, so they don't interact with any kids younger than themselves. When they see my 3 and 1 year old wanting to talk to them or play they have this attitude of "go away! You're annoying" (one of them even said that). I know it's not that way with all only children, and once they get older it all evens out, but man the girl I watched this morning was bugging me. 

Watching other peoples kids always reminds me how me how much I like my own, flaws and all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My elderly grandpa is on hospice in our home and is dying a slow, painful death.  It's heartbreaking when he asks why it's taking so long and says he just wants to die already. Honestly, I hope he passes soon because he's suffering and I don't think anyone wants to live their last days like that. If we humanely euthanize our pets, I don't understand why our loved ones don't have the same choice.  :(
  • Loading the player...
  • My confession is I've had just about enough with our dog.

She growled at Damien recently when he gently pet her (I was already petting her and he joined in) and she's snapped at him when he was kneeling next to her and put his hand on her (not hard, just rested it on her for a moment). It's very clear that she doesn't want anything to do with him or be around him. She leaves any area that he ventures into and often refuses to come back into the condo after going out for a bathroom break. Anytime we try to play with him, she jumps all over us and dominates whatever activity we're trying to do with him. We've tried giving her one-on-one time with us in hopes that maybe she just needs more attention from us, but things seem to get worse the more time we give her. He is very good at being gentle with her and knows not to invade her "safe space," which is her doggie bed. I get that this is a tough adjustment for her. He's loud and all over the place. She's old (8yrs old it typically the max for a bulldog's life expectancy so she's an old lady), probably misses having our undivided attention, and likely misses the quiet too.

It does make me sad though because she was so excited about him when he was younger. We've been working with her and with Damien to try and improve the relationship but I'm just not seeing any improvement thus far and frankly, I don't have a lot of energy to put towards it at the end of the day. 

I want her to have a good life in her old age, she deserves as much, but it's getting hard not to constantly be frustrated with her. We've talked about giving her to a close friend of our's (the chronic bachelor) but despite how much she gets to me, it's tough imagining our lives without her in it. We'll keep working at it, but I don't know at what point do we say enough is enough? I don't want to wait until she actually bites him....
  • My elderly grandpa is on hospice in our home and is dying a slow, painful death.  It's heartbreaking when he asks why it's taking so long and says he just wants to die already. Honestly, I hope he passes soon because he's suffering and I don't think anyone wants to live their last days like that. If we humanely euthanize our pets, I don't understand why our loved ones don't have the same choice.  :(

Stuck:
    I'm sorry your grandpa isn't doing well, we all wish my grandma will pass peacefully soon too. Health wise her body is in good shape but she is 95 and dementia has really taken it's told. It's definitely hard to see your loved ones suffer.
  • My confession is I've had just about enough with our dog.

She growled at Damien recently when he gently pet her (I was already petting her and he joined in) and she's snapped at him when he was kneeling next to her and put his hand on her (not hard, just rested it on her for a moment). It's very clear that she doesn't want anything to do with him or be around him. She leaves any area that he ventures into and often refuses to come back into the condo after going out for a bathroom break. Anytime we try to play with him, she jumps all over us and dominates whatever activity we're trying to do with him. We've tried giving her one-on-one time with us in hopes that maybe she just needs more attention from us, but things seem to get worse the more time we give her. He is very good at being gentle with her and knows not to invade her "safe space," which is her doggie bed. I get that this is a tough adjustment for her. He's loud and all over the place. She's old (8yrs old it typically the max for a bulldog's life expectancy so she's an old lady), probably misses having our undivided attention, and likely misses the quiet too.

It does make me sad though because she was so excited about him when he was younger. We've been working with her and with Damien to try and improve the relationship but I'm just not seeing any improvement thus far and frankly, I don't have a lot of energy to put towards it at the end of the day. 

I want her to have a good life in her old age, she deserves as much, but it's getting hard not to constantly be frustrated with her. We've talked about giving her to a close friend of our's (the chronic bachelor) but despite how much she gets to me, it's tough imagining our lives without her in it. We'll keep working at it, but I don't know at what point do we say enough is enough? I don't want to wait until she actually bites him....
    That's hard. Would she like it if you had a baby gated area where she could hang with the family while being separated from Damien? 
  • @laurendiaz02 Creepy internet hugs for you. That is such a tough situation. Being a caretaker is especially trying. My mom went through that last year when my grandma refused chemo for her cancer (she had witnessed how hard it hit my grandpa's body the year before that).
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @laurendiaz02 I'm sorry your family is going through that and I hope he passes peacefully as he wishes. I'm in a similar boat with @Tawny87 in that my Abuelita is really healthy physically but dementia has been rough. 

@Tawny87 We're trying to figure out something like that, it's difficult since our condo is an open-concept and it's super tiny. There are a couple of free-standing gates that might work (and we are getting anyway since we want them for our camping trip.
  • @laurendiaz02 I'm sorry your family is going through that and I hope he passes peacefully as he wishes. I'm in a similar boat with @Tawny87 in that my Abuelita is really healthy physically but dementia has been rough. 

@Tawny87 We're trying to figure out something like that, it's difficult since our condo is an open-concept and it's super tiny. There are a couple of free-standing gates that might work (and we are getting anyway since we want them for our camping trip.
    Thank you. Maybe one of those pens would work and she could sit in that around you guys?
  • Tawny87 said:
    @laurendiaz02 I'm sorry your family is going through that and I hope he passes peacefully as he wishes. I'm in a similar boat with @Tawny87 in that my Abuelita is really healthy physically but dementia has been rough. 

Thank you. Maybe one of those pens would work and she could sit in that around you guys?
    Yea, there are a couple that you can easily form into a circle or whatever shape you need, something like that may work. It really is just an issue of space. We have approximately 7ft x 4ft of free space to play around with so we're trying to figure out how to get the best of both worlds.
  • @laurendiaz02, I'm so sorry I can't imagine how hard this is for you :(
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Thanks ladies. <3