Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns Week of 8/15

2»

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns Week of 8/15

• Options
    Cystic acne. That is all 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I managed to go 23+ weeks without spotting after sex, and of course it happened the morning before my flight home from Maui on Wednesday. I called my doctor to play it safe, and she told me to get checked out by a doctor to get cleared for my 12 hour flight. Oy (but understandable, better safe than sorry). Thankfully, everything checked out fine and the amazing nurses and doctors at the ER got us in and out within an hour and we made it onto  our flight! 
  • Options
    Omg @blueskies17 I'm glad everything was fine!  How stressful. 
  • Options
    Sometimes ill be laying down and it just randomly feels like someone started sitting on my chest. I sit myself up and its still really hard to breathe for a few minutes does anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    @thepickles are you laying on your back when this happens?  If so, may be time to switch to side sleeping. I know there is a scientific reason for this but my brain is blanking right now. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @thepickles, @Marley629, it's because the weight of the baby puts pressure on your abdominal aorta and cuts off a large supply of blood. Definitely lay on your side instead, or even just a little off center so your belly falls to one side.
  • Options
    Well, the weight of all the stuff in your uterus, not just the baby.
  • Options
    NME44 said:
    @thepickles, @Marley629, it's because the weight of the baby puts pressure on your abdominal aorta and cuts off a large supply of blood. Definitely lay on your side instead, or even just a little off center so your belly falls to one side.
    For my bed rest, I'm supposed to lay on my left side or flat. Obviously flat is not great so my MFM told me to put a pillow under one hip so I'm not completely flat. It helps like @NME44 says so you're not completely flat. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    Anyone else have dry nipples? I experienced leakage with DD but they weren't dry. Well actually this time on my left one is dry and flaky looking. Tmi I know but wtf? Guess I'll get some lanolin cream and see if that helps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 My nipples are definitely dry lately.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared glad it's not just me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 same here. I just apply my belly butter to them and it helps
  • Options
    Going to discuss with my doc tomorrow, I've been in pain laying on my right side or back (with proper hip support so I'm not flat), and I mean pain. It radiates across my belly, and rolling over is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I know laying on your left side is recommended, and that's where I'm at most of the time, just gotta switch it up every now and then.  I've also hit my previous pregnancies full term weight, and I guess size, since I'm now getting the first of likely many stretch marks. I'm in new territory here, even though this is my 3rd pregnancy.
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 I've had pain rolling over (sometimes) with both of my pregnancies--round ligament pain. It is no fun. It sometimes helps to hold your belly as you roll, but if you're mostly asleep, that's not always possible. Hope the doc has some good tips for you to make it better!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @kathrynJ088 I just started seeing some faint stretch marks too :neutral: I ordered a pack of St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer so I'm hoping maybe that will help a bit!
  • Options
    @kathrynj088 it may be one of the kiddos sitting on a nerve in those positions. Hopefully they will adjust for you. Other things that may help are soaking in a deep tub or going to the pool. This lets the kiddos float and they will change positions. Those darn strech marks... I didn't get any till 35 weeks with the twins but by then I was so big they just covered my stomach. lotion, lotion and more lotion!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Sitting is painful now. Specifically on my right side. I'm uncomfortable I every position except lying down. But holy hell are these babies moving and shaking in there!  It's so cool!
  • Options
    @thepickles I'm sorry you're experiencing that. If it only happens while you are laying flat, it could be the baby sitting on one of your arteries as pp said. If it happens otherwise, I'd suggest talking to your doctor, because it could be that your lungs are cramped. I have asthma, always have, and this pregnancy has made breathing difficult. I have breathing treatments and a rescue inhaler but luckily haven't had to use anything yet. But, having them available makes me feel better if the chest tightness ever gets bad enough that I'm wheezing. 

AFM - Baby hasn't been moving as much the last few days. I still feel faint flutters throughout the day, but a few days ago I'd feel some much stronger movements, and if felt more often. It could also just be in my head, but it's got me worried. :(
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @txmomma16  Same here re: baby moving. I started feeling her around week 20 and could kind of predict when she would move.  This past week or so (just hit 23) has been almost nothing noticeable! Until yesterday, finally, she was moving a TON. Today is back to near radio silence.  I read that around now is when they start sleeping in longer stretches in there (12-14 hrs), so I'm hoping that's all it is.  I have an appt tomorrow and will ask if they have advice. 
  • Options
    @elcd458 Thank you! I look forward to hearing what your doctor says. I've had to call the dr for so many things this pregnancy, I am starting to feel like an annoying hypochondriac. 
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @txmomma16 I'm 23 + 4 weeks and have been experiencing the same thing. Some days, baby girl is super active, then she quiets down for the next few days. It had me worried at first, but I think she's just sleeping more these days. I love it when DH or me can feel the kicks from the outside- then it feels real and is super reassuring.
  • Options
    @txmomma16  I'll keep you posted on what they say!  If it helps, I had a fetal echo (so basically another US) a few days ago in the midst of baby's "quiet" phase and everything was fine. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    @elcd458 Oh that helps immensely!! Thank you! 

FX that baby picks up soon for both of us! (But not enough to keep us up at night... LOL!)
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @txmomma16 @elcd458 We went through a quieter period a couple weeks ago but in the last week (25.5 - 26.5) LO's been really active. He's also starting to fall into patterns more, like active after meals or right when I lie down to go to bed. He kicked the wand during today's fetal echo and had trouble holding still long enough for some imaging.  He was also kicking himself in the forehead for a good 30 seconds.  I bet your LOs will liven up again soon!  Hopefully they'll also have better targeting than mine. ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker