December 2017 Moms
Options

MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check in 8/15

How far along are you? How big are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? 

GTKY: What do you and/or SO do for a living?  

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check in 8/15

• Options
    How far along are you? How big are the babies? 22w4d, size of a coconut! Just one this time.

Any appointments this week/last? I had a follow up ultrasound on Friday and my cervix length with the transvaginal ultrasound was 3.6 and with the stomach a 3.0!  Note to all of you that might have a questionable cervix length always request the transvaginal if they don't already do it.  That's a big difference and quite different from my 2.7 the previous time.  I have yet to follow up with my doctor, I'm anticipating still on pelvic rest or limited activity only because of my previous pre-term labor, but at least it's not as bad as before!

GTKY: What do you and/or SO do for a living?  I'm an Academic Advisor at a local technical collge and my SO is an certified Aborist and owns a tree care company.  I might have asked this question before, but I honestly don't remember... pregnancy brain. :)

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  Thursday night we are taking our boys to our NICU picnic. I'm very excited to see all the nurses and doctors a year later!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 Hooray for a good cervical length measurement!!! that is amazing news.  Ihope you have fun at the picnic... its a nice thing to be able to visit with all those folks.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@tmk0325 I'm glad your cervix measurements weren't as drastic as they originally thought. They automatically included a transvaginal ultrasound as part of my anatomy scan, so I didn't realize that wasn't standard protocol at all places.

21+3, di/di twins, baseball hats/dragon eggs.

Had one on Friday with my OB. My bp was a little high, but we're pretty sure it was because I have a nasty cold and was dehydrated from that, plus I was running late so I was a little flustered. I have my follow up scan at the MFM on Aug 21, so looking forward to getting another peek at the zigzags and checking to see if my low lying placenta has moved at all.

DH and I both work for the same federal defense contractor. He's an engineering supervisor and I work in the training department, primarily developing online learning and multimedia.

I don't know if it's a baby appendage or just like some weird pregnancy symptom, but for the last 2 days I've had this weird pressure under my left rib. It doesn't hurt, it just feels strange/mildly uncomfortable. Anyone else experienced something similar? Think it's a foot or something?   
  • Options
    Alright @tmk0325!  Great news!

20+3, babies are the size of bananas 

We've got our 20 week AS tomorrow. As usual, I'm feeling anxiety. I always do when it's been 2 weeks between appointments. Ugh. Preganancy is really stressful!  TW  I've been seeing a lot of bad news for mo/di twins lately and it's just freaky  END TW

I'm nanny for 2 families - one family is four boys, ages 10, 12, 14, 16 (I've been with them since the youngest was 1.5) and another family with two girls that are 11 and 14 (I've been with them since the youngest was 3). The girls are WWWAAAAYYYYYYY harder than the boys, if you can believe that lol. I love them all so much and I'm going to miss them terribly when I become a SAHM with these twinners. They're all too old for me now anyway, so it's working out for all of us :) I'm just a glorified Uber at this point haha. 
    My husband is in tech sales for a Fortune 500 company and he loves it. He's fantastic at his job and has found a great niche for himself in his industry. 

Sleeping used to be my favorite thing to do and now I hate it!  I'm up all the time to pee or change positions. It's totally not enjoyable anymore. But, it's totally training me to get up all the time with the babies, so ok. And my husband snoring like a freaking bear isn't helping anything!  But that's nothing new. 
    Raves are that I'm finally in the 20's!  I never thought I could make it this far!  More than halfway done feels really good :)
  • Options
    @leilagphillips I definitely had that.  It was always like one of the babies was wedged up under my ribs. Which is entirely possible since one of them was laying transverse and under both.  It made me short of breath more often than not!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big are the babies? I'm 22+2 with the twins, seems hard to believe that they are coconut sized.

Any appointments this week/last? appt with OB last week was fine, short, and I'm doing okay. Next week I've got the MFM appt. I don't enjoy those as much.

GTKY: What do you and/or SO do for a living?  We both work for the same county college district. I'm at the downtown location working in the library, I manage the front desk. DH works at another location also in the library but he manages the computers/software/technology there.

What rants/raves/questions/advice? Currently I'm playing the where can I sneak in a nap during my work day game. Right now I eat in half an hour and doze in my chair with a timer on my phone for the other half an hour. 

• Options
    @tmk0325 great news about your cervix! I'm sorry for the added worry! 

How far along are you? How big are the babies?  23w4d with di/di twins--grapefruits 

Any appointments this week/last? I have an appointment with a cardiologist that specializes in heart failure (sounds scarier than it should) on Thursday and MFM on Friday. 

GTKY: What do you and/or SO do for a living?  I work as a Director of Student Success at a College and my husband develops the mobile app for a large company.   

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  I'm still on modified bed rest and hoping that changes on Friday after meeting with the MFM. Finally finished registering which was super overwhelming and hoping to have the nursery done in the next 2 weeks! 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    @tmk0325 Yay for your cervix measurement! That is a huge difference. 

@beary67 Good luck with your appointment! 

22+3 with di/di twins the size of coconuts

OB on Thursday, fetal echocardiogram on Friday and first appointment with the new OB next Monday. 

I'm a project manager and he's an engineer. 

Rant: Why am I so tired lately?
    Rave: We have actually registered for some things and planning more for the shower. 
    No questions or advice. 
  • Options
    @beary67 I think I missed it, but why are you on modified bedrest? I'm so sorry, that really sucks!

Happy to see all the folks in higher ed in here! Whoop!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 I used to work in higher ed too, so I thought that was cool as well!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big are the babies? 21+2 (singelton) and I think we are an egg

Any appointments this week/last? I  had my anatomy scan last week and all was well.

GTKY: What do you and/or SO do for a living?  I'm a vet and DH works for the county

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  overall things have been good other than I think DD has viral diarrhea... at first we thought it was just because she ate to many beans at dinner one night but we are 10+ days in now and she has shared with the rest of us... uggg not much to do but a bland diet and wait it out...

@leilagphillips hopefully the BP was just a fluke. Its amazing where those babies will put their appendages. One of the weirdest things was when they would "cage match" fight and my belly would just be rolling in all kinds of not normal ways. it was the oddest feeling and even weirder to watch.
    @breezybee how was the US today?
    @stella_700 naps are crucial... I have hit the point where after lunch I am just so tired... I fell asleep at my desk for 10 minutes
    @beary67 I think I missed the bed rest thing too. If you don't mind filling us in. I hope they let you do more activity soon. Its great that your nearly to viability!!
    @clovelyone your growing 2 people... and your not the only one whos tired add me to that group!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @tmk0325 @wabash15 I'm on modified bed rest because my heart is working too hard and the MFM doesn't want it to get to the point where it impacts the twins. I'm having severe tachycardia when doing simple things like walking to get the mail. They've adjusted some medicine to see if it helps but there aren't many options for meds that are safe so in the meantime, it's best to not be moving around if I don't need to be. I can still get up and do stuff, but I have to work from home and if I can, I need to be sitting with my feet up. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    Yikes @wabash15. I'm so sorry about the diarrhea railroad going on at your house!  That's the WORST. Also - rad!  I didn't know you were a vet. That's super cool. 
    @stella_700 You mentioned you fell this morning on another thread!  I'm so glad you and babies are ok!  Walk in shower only now girly :)
    @beary67 FX that your modified bedrest gets changed for the better. Are you dying of boredom yet, or what?
    My AS went well today. It was 2 FREAKING HOURS because Baby A wasn't in a good position for them to get heart pics. But my MFM was there and he physically looked at everything he needed to and said that everything looks great!  Always such a relief to hear that. Baby A is 11oz and Baby B is 12oz. Crazy!  They were both 8oz 2 weeks ago!
  • Options
    @beary67 oh wow! Is this an ongoing issue or something that came up from pregnancy? Will they think you will be on modified bedrest through the remainder? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    24+4, babies are the size of cantaloupes 

MFM yesterday, all looks pretty perfect. Deets on the US thread

I am a global Sr Project Program manager focused on internal applications,  and DH is in tech support at the same company. 

Raves: I got my handicap placard! It was just a matter of filling out the form and getting a written prescription from my doc and a short trip at the DMV. I don't dread physically going to work as much knowing I don't have to trek across the parking lot in 103 degree weather. 

Tagging on mobile is hard,  but I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and sending good vibes to those having complications or scares.  <3
  • Options
    @beary67 I would get bouts of tachycardia with the twins (and occasionally with this pregnancy) but not to that extent. Hugs. its a super uncomfortable feeling. I hope with decreased activity all goes well the rest of the pregnancy.
    @breezybee hooray for a good US. I had plenty that were 2 hrs because one twin or both would not cooperate!
    @KathrynJ088 glad your appointment went well.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 I hope you and your family feel better soon. 

@breezybee Yay for a great anatomy scan! 

@KathrynJ088 Those are great pics! 
  • Options

I'm 21 weeks plus, measuring at 28 weeks were I having a singleton. Babies are the size of endives.

Dr. Appt with my obgyn. All looks good, the girls were energetically kicking the Doppler, which was cracking him up. I got a lot of questions answered, including a whole discussion about c sections. Whew!

I'm a writer (articles, local publications) and SO is in Com (computers and communications) in the military.

Raves: my mom and MIL. They each take my toddler for a day or so during the week. Bless them. I've been using the time to catch up on cleaning, some nesting, and sleep. 

Not sure how to classify this, but my son has decided to voluntarily sit on the toilet. (That's as far as it's gone, however.) Potty training starts officially next week- 3 day method. I'm thrilled, but also dreading it. He's a loveable, stubborn little coot, and I can't exactly indulge in cocktails to take the edge off! I'll just have to close my eyes and fantasize about how wonderful it will be NOT to have three in diapers at once.  ;)
  • Options
    @clovelyone thank goodness everyone seems to be doing better!
    @jennasaisquoi the twins are at the stage where they also like to sit on the toilet but rarely actually do anything.  We haven't pushed anything yet but we do encourage them to sit if they want. I am torn between doing diapers for 3 or having to take them to the bathroom/wipe bottoms with a newborn... keep me updated on how it goes!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    Hey y'all!

I'm 20 weeks and 4 days, with mo/di girls. I think they're mangoes. 

We saw the MFM this week and measured fluids. Everything is good.

GTKY: I'm a lawyer, and my wife is a software designer, soon-to-be SAHM.

I have a question for those who have done this before. And this is way TMI!!! But should I expect to get to the place where I can't reach to wipe myself after I go to the bathroom? Because it's starting to be a bit of effort, and I'm only halfway there with the pregnancy. 

I can't ask my wife. There's got to be a little mystery in the relationship.

I feel like a hippo already, but I'm starting to finally feel them moving! So I'm excited about that.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @KLake42 I found by the end of my pregnancy (or before the end) that I had to start wiping from behind. it was very awkward but it worked. One of the things no one tells you about pregnancy... especially with Multiples!  I will say I did have to ask DH to shave my legs and tidy up the downstairs for me because I could not see/reach. Also your not a hippo, you are a beautiful pregnant lady with 2 lives growing in there. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx