March 2018 Moms

Ten Things Tuesday

edited August 2017 in March 2018 Moms
A lot of other boards participate in Ten Things Tuesday and it's generally pretty fun. The ten things can be just about anything: facts about you, thoughts on the your day, random anecdotes. Whatever. 

So let's see those lists.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• 1. I miss my foster puppy - she was the best cuddle bug.
    2. Every time I get nauseous and think how am I going to get through this, I look at pictures of my niece and now that soon I will get to hold my own baby and it helps a lot.
    3. I want to give my MIL a piece of my mind but I need to not stress right now. UGH.
    4. This granola bar I'm eating isn't satisfying whatsoever.
    5. I wore a nice black dress today and for the first time in weeks, I feel smokin' hot.
    6. My friend is worried she will have to quit Crossfit in order to get her own apartment and make finances work. I feel bad but I have my own problems. I wish I had problems like hers right now.
    7. I have a bachelorette party this weekend and I am excited to see a drag show for the first time.
    8. Several times this week I've had the urge to go chop all my hair off. But I won't do it! Don't let me do it!
    9. Jeremy - who plays Lip on Shameless... so hot. Seriously. I don't know what it is about him but I'm swoon.
    10. Pregnancy brain is a real thing to me. I'm annoyed with myself for talking to someone and then just randomly stopping because I can't remember what I was saying. All. The. Time.

• 1. For the past week, I've thrown up every morning at 8:30am. Give or take a few minutes. I can't decide if it's obnoxious or convenient for being 'on schedule.'

2. My best friend's husband has an of town (5 hrs away) interview today so he left yesterday. I kept her kids for a couple of hours but have them from 7:30-5:30ish today because their preschool program starts TOMORROW. I love them dearly but I'm tired and they are ptvexhausting. It's going to be a long day. 

3. I'm still craving donuts after @becausescience posted that photo yesterday. 

4. I'm so ready for second trimester "energy."

5. I can't decide if I'm hungry or need to puke again. 

6. I have a crap ton of dishes to do.

7. And all the unpacking. 

8. I noticed they put Dawson's Creek on Hulu. I think binge rewatching is in my future.

9. Pregnancy clearly makes me extremely motivated. I have no desire to do anything except for lay in bed. 

10. Trolls is babysitting in my house while I write my list. 

• Loading the player...

• 3. I want to give my MIL a piece of my mind but I need to not stress right now. UGH.

8. Several times this week I've had the urge to go chop all my hair off. But I won't do it! Don't let me do it!

10. Pregnancy brain is a real thing to me. I'm annoyed with myself for talking to someone and then just randomly stopping because I can't remember what I was saying. All. The. Time.

- I probably would! That's such crap. It's not her news to share/announce. 

-ME TOO. For me, I think it's because it's summer. And So. Dang. Hot.

- It's totally a thing. I'm surprised that I can remember my name on some days.

• 1. I need to find fun things to do with my kids. Summer is nearing its end and I've been so so lazy with them.

2. Meeting for pre-school tonight and I didn't sleep more than 3 hours last night laying awake worrying about her going. Also add in worrying about my son playing football. Ughhhh. 

3. We need new carpet in so many rooms, but specifically on our steps. Ugh. 

4. Cramping. Don't like it. 

5. Constipated, also don't like that.

6. I'm not near as nauseated, but I still don't like food much.

7. I wake up around 4 am and can't sleep each day. Especially since I halved my Unisom tab. 

8. In the mornings I'm starving, but nothing sounds good.

9. I miss fair food.

10. Nearly out of 2nd tri. 
  • @chasingroygbiv Constipation is the worst! That freaking sucks. Also, SO READY for 2nd tri. 

• 1. Did anyone start a weekly appointment thread this week? I didn't see one but I'm on the app and sometimes it doesn't work well.
    2. We were supposed to go to Sesame Place today but the weather is crappy so we're on our way to Crayola Experience instead and we're going to Sesame Place tomorrow.
    3. I hate long car rides, especially with a toddler but suprisingly he's doing very well, I'm not.
    4. I'm having a really hard time finding anything I'm hungry for. I'm having aversions to just about everything I try to eat.
    5. I miss wine already.
    6. Like @crossfitbabybump I want to change my hair, not chop it off, but dye it lighter.
    7. I'm still tired basically all the time, like breathing makes me exhausted at this point.
    8. I have this whole week off work which is so exciting, I haven't had more than a 4 day weekend in over a year.
    9. I opted out of NIPT, it's not covered by insurance and we also didn't do it when I was pregnant with my son. I talked with the OB yesterday and I'm not sure we would do any further testing depending on results.
    10. I wish I could hire someone to come clean my house.
  • 1. I need a haircut real bad.  It is getting Disney princess long.  (ok not really, but boob-length)

2. I'm avoiding said haircut because my postpartum regrowth looks terrible.  And I'm pretty sure the only thing that would help is bangs.  And I do not want bangs again.

3. DH did like 75% of the dishes last night.  I did the rest this morning. (follow up from MBF)

4. I forgot my dog's birthday yesterday and DH sent me this gif to remind me. (not of my dog btw)

5. I want to make some freezer meals for the beginning of the school year, but don't want to go grocery shopping for it.

6. I'm really bummed that GoT is only 7 episodes this season.  But sooo excited to be getting close to the end.  Now if only GRRM could finish up the books, that would be great.

7. DD is finally eating more than just puff and cheerios.  I'm so happy.  She might not starve after all.

8.  Getting a new classroom this year with tons more whiteboard space for students to work out problems.  Yay!

9.  I have to move all my crap from my old classroom to my new classroom.  I think I'll try to go in tomorrow so the new teacher that gets my room can get in there Friday.

10. I can't stop thinking about donuts either. @mylovelittlelove
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • edited August 2017
    1. We have so many unfinished projects in my house it's giving me anxiety.
    2. Last night I had my multivitamin in hand to take, and I just couldn't do it. I think I might have to start trying to take them with lunch because at night all of the sudden the thought of just swallowing water makes me want to gag sometimes :(
    3. Im super excited to see some college friends this weekend!
    4. This August has been abnormally cool.. like its only gotten to 90º a few times which is UNHEARD OF!!! Its been so nice! A few years back we had a record when we hit like 30 days in a row of temps over 100
    5. I hope I can potty train DD by March, but lesbe-honest (sorry, but this movie makes me laugh so much) I doubt thats gonna happen. 
    6. DH turns 30 in a few weeks and then I'm next. I might cry. 
    7. The people I work with are worthless. (I say this as I sit in the office typing my ten things  :D
    8. I really want sushi
    9. Last night I made 10 quarts of apple sauce from our tree and was supposed to do some fresh dill pickles, but pushed it off for today.
    10. There is a mouse in my house somewhere, so there is now traps everywhere.  :s
  • @becausescience - I hope GRRM finishes them soon!!!!
  • 1. Donuts!!!! I had donuts yesterday and now I want more. 
    2. Every time I eat one healthy thing I eat like 3 unhealthy things to cancel it out. I'm getting so fat :(
    3. The news and President Dump made me so mad over the weekend! I'm scared about what will happen over the next 3+ years. 
    4. I have some major #firstworldproblems such as an aversion to coffee. I didn't realize how deeply addicted I was until I stopped drinking it. 
    5. All I want to do is sleep. 
    6. I love my prenatal gummies. 
    7. My husband has been so good about picking up my slack when it comes to cleaning the house. I hope to get my ass off the couch soon to be more helpful. 
    8. My neighbors kid is kind of bad. They discipline her constantly but she continues to not listen and be sassy. I hope our kids is not like that. 
    9. We are one and done - we just want one kid and a bunch of dogs. 
    10. I also need a haircut! I'm glad I'm not alone in putting it off. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• 1. I'm trying to be glad I'm not throwing up, but it's hard to enjoy that when I'm still nauseous 98% of the time I'm awake.
    2. Had to drink glucola this morning and all I can think is that I'm so glad I should only have to drink it one more time in my life. That stuff is awful and it was mostly luck that I was able to keep it down.
    3. Pre-pregnancy I liked the idea of 2 kids, but wife wanted 1. 10 weeks into this adventure and I've already conceded to wife, we're going to be One-and-done.
    4. I'm annoyed with the timing of this work trip - I want to be super psyched about finally getting to travel outside the country - and to Germany, no less! - but instead I'm just put out about not getting to try the beer and having to be on a plane for 12 hours at a time.
    5. I'm so sick of sleeping all the time - but I know I'm gonna miss this later.
    6. My house has never been messier. I really hate it.
    7. I'm a little weirded out by how super-excited everyone else is about me being pregnant.
    8. My way of calming my nervousness about parenting is reminding myself that my mom had 3 kids within 6 years of each other and she managed to keep all of us alive xD I can manage 1.
    9. I've been wanting donuts for days and you guys are NOT HELPING :< 
    10. Half the struggle childproofing my house will be securing my collection of Monster High dolls and their tiny accessories (I customize/repaint them as a hobby).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Things I am thankful for:

1.  I am surrounded by women who are experienced with pregnancy and parenting so I get a ton of great advice, but only when I ask for it - they are really respectful.
    2.  I can still teach my yoga classes right now.
    3.  My students are all so well behaved which is rare for 200 teenagers.
    4.  I have another ultrasound tomorrow so I can calm my nerves.
    5.  I got to see a very special Frida Kahlo exhibit yesterday for free
    6.  My mom is super excited for her first granddaughter so she's going overboard buying cute clothes.
    7.  H has been really good about understanding my limitations right now.  Sometimes the house just isn't very clean right now and he doesn't bat an eye.
    8.  GOT is giving us so many good episodes this season
    9.  We're at the end of summer and I can't wait for the end of the 100+ degree days
    10.  only 4.5 weeks left of progesterone shots.
  • 1. I burnt my pizza, and now the roof of my mouth, because I was too anxious to eat
    2. Both girls are currently napping. I have achieved the holy grail!
    3. After getting the run-around for over 2 days over this NT ultrasound fiasco, I called my OB's office today sobbing like a crazy woman. I know for sure they hate me now.
    4. I'm currently watching 4 weddings (eating my burnt pizza), and judging the hell out of all of these weddings.
    5. My mom and grandmother are coming over in an hour to watch DD2's physical therapy appt. 
    6. I work my first solo shift as a pharmacist for a new company this upcoming Saturday and I'm seriously giving myself an ulcer over it.
    7. I just got the invite proofs back for DD2's first birthday and they're so cute! We're doing a Cinderella theme :)
    8. I'm trying to be more active on here. I'm worried people don't recognize my name. I'm not stranger danger, am I?
    9. and 10. I got nothing else! Going to read everyone else's :)
  • @katester91 I love Sesame Place! We were there last summer with DD1! Do you live near there?
  • 1. I want to close the door to my office and take a nap
    2. Trader Joe's mango sorbet really hit the spot last night
    3. My husband is on a business trip all week, and the timing is really bad. I have 1st trimester fatigue, and a cold on top of it. I'm basically useless, but don't have the option to be.
    4. My 2 year old is really pushing his limits with me and I'm trying so hard to be patient, but no, I cannot stand in the middle of the kitchen holding you all evening long. I also cannot carry you into daycare every single time. It's 20 feet and you're not tired. You can walk.
    5. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow for dating, and my husband is going to miss it. My mom is begrudgingly going with me. It's also transvaginal, which I didn't do last go around because I had a business trip at 8-10 weeks and by the time I came back I was far enough along that it wasn't necessary.
    6. We implemented a new ERP system at work and doing my regular job is 50 times harder and slower while we 1) get used to it and 2) work out the kinks.
    7. I'm always cold, except middle of the night when I become a furnace. Aren't I supposed to be a furnace 24/7?
    8. I'm invited to a wedding in Europe in May 2018. I'm entertaining the thought of actually going. I think there's something wrong with me for wanting to travel transatlantic with a 2 month old.
    9. Taking my prenatal is really a struggle.
    10. I slept 9:30-7 last night, but I still need more sleep.

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• day38 said:

4. My 2 year old is really pushing his limits with me and I'm trying so hard to be patient, but no, I cannot stand in the middle of the kitchen holding you all evening long. 

7. I'm always cold, except middle of the night when I become a furnace. Aren't I supposed to be a furnace 24/7?

9. Taking my prenatal is really a struggle.

I feel like this is my life every day when I get home to make supper with my almost 2 yr old. And she will not go to her dad! She is suddenly really clingy. I feel like she can sense that things are about to change for her!

I am also always cold! I don't remember this happening with DD. Its the only thing thats been different this time around. 

The struggle is real. I got mine down at lunch today, yay! (Trying to switch to day time instead of before bed.. at night I can hardly brush my teeth without gagging, let alone trying to swallow a gigantic pill)
  • edited August 2017
    1. I'm afraid my daughter is never going to learn to use the potty. I'm picturing her going to college in diapers. 
    2. I love Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks, and so the entire week just basically gets in the way of Sundays. 
    3. I'm tired of barf and poop drama. 
    4. Allergies can DIAF.
    5. We have ants in our kitchen and can't seem to get rid of them. 
    6. My daughter somehow learned to count to ten in Spanish (in English, too, but the Spanish is a mystery).
    7. I'm making Ethiopian food for dinner tonight. I probably won't eat it, but my husband and his parents hopefully will.
    8. I didn't get any sleep last night. My husband snored again. 
    9. Our friends, who are farmers, are expecting twins. I'm making farm-themed quilts for them.
    10. I don't have a tenth thing.

• @HappyMonkey817 I successfully got rid of the ants in our kitchen with cornstarch. Apparently they can't digest it, so when they bring it back to the nest they all die. I just sprinkled it by the door they were coming in. And farm themed quilts sound adorable. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @JamieK1882 we live a couple hours away. We're staying in a hotel over night tonight and going in the morning. This will be the first time there for us. I've heard great things about it!

• 7. I'm making Ethiopian food for dinner tonight. I probably won't eat it, but my husband and his parents hopefully will.
    9. Our friends, who are farmers, are expecting twins. I'm making farm-themed quilts for them.

What are you making? I'm not familiar with Ethiopian food and curious as to what it entails. 
    That sounds so cute! You should post pics when done! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @triplejplus1 - try gummy pre-natals. I couldn't keep down pill form but the gummies are actually really good and *knock on wood* I haven't thrown them up yet!
  • @crossfitbabybump I've been thinking about trying that. With DD I started out on those and then had an aversion to them and had to switch to pills. Now those don't sound half bad. Until I'm left with all the grape ones! lol

• @triplejplus1 - mine are lemonade and raspberry flavor and they're delish! try different flavors and see how they stick! I think I may just stick to the gummies the rest of my 2 trimesters because the thought of going back to pills makes me gag! lol
  • muggle621 said:

7. I'm making Ethiopian food for dinner tonight. I probably won't eat it, but my husband and his parents hopefully will.

What are you making? I'm not familiar with Ethiopian food and curious as to what it entails. 
    That sounds so cute! You should post pics when done! 
    https://www.daringgourmet.com/doro-wat-spicy-ethiopian-chicken-stew/ 
    I'm not using their recipe for the spice, blend, though. I found a better one elsewhere. I'm also making a veggie dish, but I don't have a link for it.
  • @katester91 just started the appointment thread! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emineminem - not gonna lie here, I just spent 5 minutes trying to pronounce your username, lol
  • @triplejplus1 - mine are lemonade and raspberry flavor and they're delish! try different flavors and see how they stick! I think I may just stick to the gummies the rest of my 2 trimesters because the thought of going back to pills makes me gag! lol
    Mine too. They are the only ones that I've ever been able to take!

Mine too. They are the only ones that I've ever been able to take!

They're delicious! :D
  • 1. I started spotting tonight and it's freaking me out.
    2. My principals don't like us sitting down. I was parked on my butt in the back of the room as my students worked when they came in today. I don't care.
    3. I'm so freaking tired.
    4. Meat is grossing me out big time. 
    5. I'm only 8.5 weeks but I broke out my old maternity pants yesterday and it was glorious. 
    6. My house is a mess and once again, I don't care. 
    7. I typically love Big Brother, but this season sucks. 
    8. My almost 3 year old loves 90s rap and it makes me secretly happy. 
    9. I'm so happy my daughter is potty trained. 
    10. Sometimes I wish my husband and I could move far away so I wouldn't have to deal with either of our families. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my family.
  • @emineminem thank you! I was going to start one but didn't want to duplicate either.
  • I'm doing the thankful 10 things too in part to get myself in a good mood and in part because I'm just used to it being 10 positive things and, you know, old habits. 

1. My sister is leaving a bad relationship and I'm so relieved. 
    2. I have an appointment tomorrow! It's weird how much I LOVE going to the doctor right now. It just makes me freak out so much less. 
    3. I'm afraid I might be speaking too soon, but I *think* my MS is dying down a tad. Still have aversions and not crazy hungry but I don't feel as bad for as many hours of the day.
    4. I have ice cream sandwiches in the house. 
    5. And Toblerone. 
    6. Get to hang out with my mom in 2 weeks. 
    7. Counting down the days till 2nd tri. 
    8. The new season of Flipping Out starts this week. It's the only reality show I like and I miss it. 
    9. MH is starting to feel better!
    10. I somehow still haven't caught whatever he has, which is kind of amazing. 

• @JamieK1882 we live a couple hours away. We're staying in a hotel over night tonight and going in the morning. This will be the first time there for us. I've heard great things about it!
    We were there last year at exactly this time (it showed up in my Timehop today!). It was extremely hot (like 100 degrees hot) and crowded, but we still had fun. You'll have to let me know what you think!
  • 1. @crossfitbabybump - Do your gummy vitamins have iron in them or do you get your iron a different way? I am so over swallowing vitamins but can't find a gummy that has everything in it!
    2. It's past 9:00 and I'm still upright. I consider this a victory after debilitating nausea most days. 
    3. Speaking of donuts - I had a half of a donut HOLE and gave it to DH. So sad even donuts don't work for me. 
    4. All my bargaining chips are gone with DH. Like I can't say "Can you do the dishes since I did them last time?" because he did them last time and the time before that and so on. It took him a couple weeks to understand I was serious about the nausea and now he's been pulling major weight for me. 
    5. We're moving in a month and I've done nearly nothing. 
    6. All these gas bubbles and random muscle spasms make me excited for baby kicks.  One of my favorite things about pregnancy. 
    7. When my nausea lets up, I frantically shove food in my mouth and hope it digests before nausea returns. 
    8. DD starts kindergarten next week and she's going to rock it. 
    9. I'm so over hiding pregnancy. 
    10. My blump is so legit. 
  • 1. I've been pregnant 6x 
    2. 3 pregnancies have been ectopic 
    3. All of our kids will have the same initials 
    4. I was done having kids with 2, but a misdiagnosed ultrasound scan led us to believe we could no longer get pregnant, we relaxed on TTA, and I was pregnant a month later. 
    5. I've participated in birth month boards on TB for every single pregnancy. 
    6. I was a mod on the Secondary IF board back when they had mods 
    7. In 2wks we will be celebrating our 10th year of marriage
    8. Mercury is in retrograde 
    9. I am a makeup artist 
    10. I am tired. 
    11. Punch Nazis. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited August 2017
    I'll play. 
    Also @JamieK1882  I recognize your screen name.  Not stranger danger.  I probably am stranger danger now, I stopped participating until I saw a heartbeat cause I'm neurotic. 

1. I can't drink water man.  It tastes fine, doesn't make me gag unlike my last pregnancy.  But my stomach is not having it.  It makes my stomach gurgle and grumble and then I have heartburn and burp up stomach acid for like an hour.  I can do juice or smoothies but water is killin me. 
    2. I see everyone post about transvaginal  ultrasounds. 2nd pregnancy, I've never had one. They did abdominal at 6 weeks last time and 8 weeks this time. 
    3. My SO has been working so much. It's been exhausting for both of us. 
    4. I'm supposed to babysit my friend's 3 kids, aged 1,2, and 4 for two nights next week. It'll be rough. 
    5. My 2 yo DD is in a big sleep fighting phase. Ugh.
    6. I've been eating like shit lately and forgetting my vitamin a lot. Whoops!
    7. My SO hates cantaloupe but he grew a plant for me because I love it. So sweet! 
    8. My blump is so awesome. All my abdominal muscles just slid out of place the second I got my bfp. So as I bloat throughout the day, my stomach starts looking huge and round like it did at 5 months with my previous pregnancy. Obviously it's not uterus, but it's funny how my muscles know just how to floop into action. 
    9. I'm in bed by 9 every night. Especially when pregnant lol. 
    10. I kept having a strong feeling about there being twins in my belly, dreams about it, seeing twins everywhere. My friend's 4yo daughter made her call me to tell me I was having two babies. Well, ultrasound yesterday and, there's only one in there folks!!

Edit because it's called a "transvaginal" us, not a "trans vagina lol" us.  Autocorrect lol
  • k318k318 member
    1- the blump is real. None of my bottoms fit anymore and I don't want to buy new shorts so I will live in dresses for the rest of the summer.

2- I was finished having kids and donated all baby stuff and maternity clothes within the last few months, but now here I am. 

3-  I need to find something I can watch on tv,  I am back to watching reruns of shows I've seen a million times.

4-  I have become kind of antisocial since finding out I was pregnant. I'm just not ready to tell all of my friends yet and when we hang out it usually involves drinking and staying out late- obviously I'm not drinking now, but staying out late doesn't appeal to me either.

5- I am ready for fall to start.

6- I need a haircut.

7- I love my dog even though he can be really annoying.

8- Just when my life was getting back to normal (kids are bigger now, potty trained, easy to take out and/or leave with babysitter so DH and I can go out), life gave me this surprise- and I couldn't be happier!

9-  Gilmore Girls is awesome.

10- Ice cream for breakfast should be an acceptable and nutritious choice.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @StephBrim24 Here's the supplement facts. I take an iron pill prescribed from my chiropractors. But I take it when I am eating dinner so I don't throw it up, lol!

• Thanks @crossfitbabybump! Is the iron pill small by chance? I'm over the big pills. 
  • @StephBrim24 - YES! I can't swallow big pills anymore and I don't think I ever will be able to again lol

They're from a company called Standard Process. Just make sure you eat a good amount with it to avoid getting sick!