Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Mental Health Check-in for Second Half of August

***This thread has a general trigger warning.*** 
There was some discussion in the Healthy Habits check-in about a mental health thread. Weekly seemed like it wasn't being used and monthly wasn't frequent enough, so what if we try bi-monthly (start one on the 1st of the month and then around the 16th?) Let's give it a shot.

This thread is a safe place for members to discuss their mental health, struggles, and successes while on the TTGP Board. This post can be replied to at any time during the month. Not limited to those with a diagnosis, but please be sensitive to others. We will attempt to be as flame free as possible!

Feel free to share, vent, or support other members on this thread. Share a picture/gif that expresses how you feel or provides some comfort. 
If you need help getting started, try filling out the form below:
Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?:

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA):

How are you feeling?

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.)

Re: Mental Health Check-in for Second Half of August

• Options
    Hi guys!!! I'm so excited because this is my first time ever replying or posting on one of these even though I've been lurking on them for years!! Lol 

Forgive me as I'm still learning the lingo here. 

This is our second month "not preventing" and I'm trying not to go mad! Not a lot of people really explain the painful yet beautiful experience this time is! I'm on day 14 of my cycle, no ovulation symptoms but I have an idea that I ovulate around day 7 or 8. 

I was diagnosed with anxiety. I've started counseling and yoga to try and work through it. Anyone else worried about being a mom with anxiety and constant worry ?? 

-Em 
  • Options
    @emmmh05 Welcome! Are you temping or tracking any other signs (like cervical mucus or position)? I know that can add stress for some folks with anxiety, whereas others find the extra data helps them feel in control.

Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?: No diagnosis, just coping with being benched for a cycle.

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA): Benched due to neck/shoulder pain that required meds incompatible with ttc.

How are you feeling? Not bad. We've been traveling, so that has helped keep me distracted. My pain is improving, so I'm hopeful that we can start trying again next cycle.

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.) No treatment or counseling right now. Even though I hate being benched, I think the break was helpful for my mental health. I was too focused on ttc over the summer without work to distract me. Once the academic year starts up again next month I think it will be easier to maintain a healthy balance.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jayliijaylii member
    edited August 2017
    @emmmh05 I completely understand. I also have anxiety and best manage it through self care like enough sleep, not over scheduling myself, exercise etc... I have concerns about how I will find a new, manageable stress level with a child. 

@darkstar42 Sorry to hear that you are benched! I hope that neck/shoulder pain heals quickly!

Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?: Anxiety 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA): TWW

How are you feeling? I'm feeling OK these days, but a bit stressed. The past 6 months of my life have been nuts because my husband took a new job. He lived in the UK for 5 weeks (March/April), 3 weeks (June), 2 weeks (July) and 2 more weeks coming (Sept). He's also doing shorter trips in between. He's currently in FL for 3 days. Let's just say the normalcy we had before this job is gone. I'm hoping travel will calm down, but it's been tough. I also worry about his travel schedule and how I will balance that with being a solo parent when he's gone. We've had some fights about that recently. 

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.) Not currently in counseling or on meds, but I have been in the past. I've been thinking about counseling again recently.

Edited to correct my typos
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you have been) or What brings you to this thread today?:
    i have a laundry list of issues, most of which piggyback off each other:  ASD/Aspergers, anxiety/SAD, depression (with cyclic tendencies) PTSD, TBI x 8 (6 were mTBI), SPD, APD, and sleep disturbance/insomnia.  Give or take a dx or two.
    I didnt even realize this one existed, and its just been a week....month....year.

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/TTA):
    TTW that should end tomorrow with AF, then benched for 1 month (same-sex couple, IUIs are expensive)

How are you feeling?
    Again, just kinda done life-ing and adulting this month.  My lack of patience, and most likely failing this cycle (after springing for an IUI we could barely afford) have probably-most-definitely not helped.  Im not much for big gambles, so its frustrating....
    Ended up not heading into work today, after my appt.

Where are you in your mental health journey? (in treatment, looking for support, on meds, in counseling, having a rough day, etc.)
    I see a psychiatrist once a month, a LCSW every 1-2 weeks (on a every-two-weeks cycle right now to kinda step back).  Just switched from prozac and adderall (with a valium kicker as needed) to wellbutrin, due to ttc.  With my LCSW, our focus is CBT.
    Also, starting alpha-stimulation this week to see if it helps with my absolutely horrid sleep these last few weeks (it generally just sucks...)

Me: 26  DF: 34  DS: 11

TTC since May 2017, first cycle (medicated) with IUI August 2017 using SD

• Options
    @emmmh05.  Welcome.  Hopefully the healthy things you are doing now tobhelp, including yoga & counseling, will set up ways for you to cope and prevent your anxiety in the future. Yoga is amazing for anxiety!

@darkstar42. Being benched can really suck.  Glad to hear your pain is improving and you were able to gain a bit of mental relief with a TTC break.  Seeing the necessity & benefit doesn't make it any easier.  *stranger hugs* I really hope that balance helps your stress level once the year starts again.  What fun things did you do on vacation?

@jaylii. More *stranger hugs*  TTC is stressful enough. And so is transitioning to a new job for YH.  The tension of everything for both of you understandably leads to arguments.  What do you need from him to feel supported while he travels?

@futbol0401. Taking gambles is difficult, especially ones that are expensive.  I'm sorry things are so difficult.  It sounds like you umuch needed the rest of the day off work today.what is alpha-stimulation?

• Options
    I am having a rough freaking week.  

MH made a joke to me tonight that left me in tears & us on edge the rest of the evening. It wasn't meant to be hurtful.  I took it the wrong way.  Lately, I've been extra sensitive.  I have cut my antidepressant almost in half this year in anticipation of TTC at the lowest dose.  
    I'm in therapy.  I'm on meds.  I've made & sustained certain lifestyle changes.  It has been difficult as I'm in the healthcare field and have all the feelings about helping others but not myself.  #PityPartyFor1  

This week I have worn clothes that are extra comfy, went to eat with a friend, cuddled with the kitten, went to bed early (except tonight), put on makeup, and went for a walk.

I feel better already :) 

• Options
    @jrm_14 *lots of internet hugs back at you* I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Keep going with the awesome self-care. Kittens totally have healing powers.