December 2017 Moms
Options

Symphysis pubis dysfunction- possible treatments?

Wondering is anyone here has had any past success treating SPD? I had it bad with DD and tried a support belt that didn't help much. I have an appt tomorrow with my OB and will be discussing potential treatment options as it's already started.  Has anyone used acupuncture, physical therapy, or other treatment with any success?
Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3

Re: Symphysis pubis dysfunction- possible treatments?

• Options
    I've been getting along pretty well with a support belt. I know @Megzb510 had this with her first and went to physical therapy. She may have more insight on treatment options. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    When I posted about this oin the symptoms thread, someone had mentioned chiropractor, but I don't remember who. I've been getting along with my support belt(s). Which one have you tried? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088, I don't really remember, it was a cheap one I bought at motherhood maternity. I wonder if there are ones I could get from the doctor that might be more effective. I am going to try a chiropractor, I just confirmed with insurance today that it would be covered.
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    KathrynJ088KathrynJ088 member
    edited August 2017
    I ordered mine on Amazon, pink one is more discreet to wear out of the house, and black one that is just huge,  but super supportive.

ETA: let us know how the chiropractor goes! I'm a scaredy cat, even though I'm sure there's nothing to be afraid of.  I'd rather go to the dentist! 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2  no personal experience but my very good friend had it so bad she couldn't even walk. for months. it was awful. she said physical therapy was the only thing that helped her at all. unfortunately for her, the real solution was to have the baby, which is no actual help. i hope yours responds to more conventional means! i'm a big fan of PT, especially if you find a therapist that is knowledgeable about your particular condition. GL! 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    this is written more for therapists that will have patients with SPD but i still think it's worthwhile https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/blog/pregnancy/pelvic-floor/train-clients-symphysis-pubis-dysfunction/

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    having the baby is the only thing that's ever helped me :'( it's gotten worse with each pregnancy too.