Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread- Week of 8-14

petethecatpetethecat member
edited August 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread- Week of 8-14

• Welcome @peaceloveandwine, hope your stay is short. What are some of your favorite TV shows?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you @Avrilmai! My all-time favorites are Mad Men, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development, and Veronica Mars; even though they aren't on TV anymore I re-watch them constantly. I'm finally catching up on Game of Thrones and have made it up to the beginning of season 6; I usually don't like fantasy a lot but I like it! Arya is awesome. 

• @peaceloveandwine & @atb9515 - A big welcome to you both!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @atb9515 hi fellow newbie! What was your favorite recent Netflix binge? 

• @peaceloveandwine hi there! Most recently, Master of None, Ozark and we finished up Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last night, how about you? 
  • @atb9515 I've been meaning to start Ozark! That's definitely next on my list once I've caught up on Game of Thrones. Kimmy Schmidt is one of my favorites! And this season of Master of None was really great, I was so surprised at how it ended. 

• @peaceloveandwine definitely watch Ozark, it is amazing! I know I'm in the minority here but for some reason I couldn't get into GOT, I think I watched up to the 3rd season. Can't wait for Master of None and Kimmy Schmidt to come back, in the mean time I have no idea what to watch next!!
  • @atb9515 I held off on watching GOT for a long time because I didn't have any real interest in it, but after the hockey season ended and we didn't have any new shows on the radar yet, my husband convinced me to binge watch it with him (he watched all of it a year or so ago). I'm in the minority with you in that I don't think it's the GREATEST SHOW EVER!!! or anything, but I do like it more than I expected to!  

• @peaceloveandwine well maybe i'll give it another shot! Good point on hockey season though, you just reminded me football is about to start, so I don't think i'll have control of the remote much for the next 6 months lol. But, my husband is a huge Cowboys fan, so I'm sure I'll be in for watching alot of him yelling at the TV which can be pretty entertaining.
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited August 2017
    @atb9515 welcome! GL with your testing. my DH is a big soccer fan and the English league started Friday night. So I get you on them being entertaining. he is very entertaining to watch when he watches. I've also lost control of the TV on Saturday/Sunday. Luckily I don't need the TV for Netflix.

@peaceloveandwine Arrested Development is one of my all-time favorites, (but confession I didn't enjoy the Netfilx season)
    Image result for arrested development gif

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @Avrilmai Haha, I pretty much pretend the Netflix season didn't happen. I heard the cast will actually be able to film together more for the next one (and current events are giving them a lot of material to work with), so I have high hopes!

• @Avrilmai thank you! Does your husband participate in fantasy leagues for soccer (is that a thing for soccer?) Because that, I have yet to figure out! 
  • @atb9515  they do exist; I actually saw a commercial for one this week, but luckily he hasn't gone down that road, not yet anyway. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Welcome, everyone!  @atb9515 If it's a sport, there's more than likely a fantasy draft for it.  MH does fantasy golf.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Fantasy.  Golf.   :s

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @peaceloveandwine I know, right?!?!  Soooo nerdy!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited August 2017
    @dmo1371 welcome. *TW So sorry for your loss, end TW*  We have a TTCAL thread, there is a benched thread, TFAS, and an IF thread. I know you will find a place and support that you need. 

@samanthafayeawesome welcome to you as well. Hope your stay here is short. How are you tracking? 

@sandbar517 seriously fantasy golf?!?! How would that even work? LOL. 

Edit- to fix a typo

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @avrilmai - Thanks :) so far it's been mostly things like FF and a couple other apps I've found that help track OV and fertility. 
  • @avrilmai apparently he and his friends pick a "team" of golfers and they get points according to how well they do for the "big" tournaments, the US Open, the Masters, etc.  This is also in addition to the Fantasy Football, Baseball, Hockey, and everything else.   :|

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @kperrucci Welcome!  That area is SO beautiful and I'm so jealous that you get to be out there for the eclipse!!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 Thank you! Yes, the trip as been incredible so far! My aunt has a cabin in the path of totality and I cannot wait to experience it. We are headed to her cabin tomorrow. 
  • Hi @canuklehead123, happy anniversary and welcome from another newbie! 
  • @trunkims welcome from a fellow newbie!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @trunkims welcome from another newbie! My FIL loves his korean dramas! I need to start watching some. 
  • @trunkims Hi, fellow newbie! From this Steelers family.  B)

• Ages (you and SO):

I'm 31, he's 30.

How many months have you been TTC? 

One month/cycle 

What are you doing to get knocked up?

This past cycle, just tracking CM. But for cycle two (on day 1 of cycle 2 right now) will be tracking ovulation with strips, CM tracking.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 

We have a nine month old daughter, no pets! She keeps us on our toes and we're ready to complete our family with one more little one! We both work outside the home, so our off time is hanging out with her and enjoying the summer weather. 

<BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Welcome @loko08 from a fellow newbie - is that a GOT picture you have?  Looking forward to Sunday's ep!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • loko08loko08 member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks @canucklehead123! It sure is! I can't wait for tomorrow's ep, already counting down!
    <BabyFetus Ticker >