November 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 8/14/17

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Monday Bitchfest 8/14/17

• Options
    I missed putting in my schedule for work which REALLY sucks because the schedule of 12's with no break days has been brutal.  I'm worried what's going to happen. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @irishfrisky WTF? Will you bring it up or confront them about it ? I wouldn't let that shit go.. no one messes with my food!
  • Options
    I haven't been able to down a piece of lettuce since I've been pregnant...
    I keep trying because I used to love salad and I know I need to eat healthy. But every time I start to chew it I feel nauseous. I thought I was past this? I guess not.
    I'm certain that I bleed gravy now.
  • Options
    @eazybreezy225 I am the same. I love salad but I cannot eat a salad at all. I get nauseous. All I crave and am able to eat are fattening and sugary foods. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I felt that today's "professional development" at school was a giant waste of time. 6 hours of some guy basically talking about his time playing college basketball is going to help me in my 1st grade classroom how? Isn't there a better way to spend what little money our district has, say on supplies or resources for the teachers? It was so frustrating! Not to mention, cafeteria tables offer zero back support and are super uncomfortable! (Pretty sure I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! )
  • Options
    My job keeps sending us all over. We work for a specific day program but for whatever reason we're the ones that have to go fill in at other programs around the area (the furthest so far is an hour away!) How is it fair that we have to do this just because other programs don't know how to staff their own? 1-2 of us a day are sent to other programs...every day since July and we were told it won't end til sometime in Sept. 
  • Options
    @hillaryo14 That sounds very frustrating especially  if you are feeling uncomfortable.  Hope you wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow  :)
    As for me my family threw me a surprise baby shower which was awesome because my husband was there.  We got some super cute pictures and I decided to be nice and send them to my MIL who has previously complained we are being too secretive about our pregnancy and not including them. Her response was "Yeah i figured they would." Nothing about being excited for her son or thanks for including her by sending pictures or you guys look so happy.   Nothing just "I figured they would." She makes it very difficult to want to include her and makes me sad that she does not seem at all excited that we are having a baby which considering all my husband has gone through is a miracle. I dont get it.   Sorry this turned in to a long rant.... 
  • Options
    @angkay711 Thank you, I hope so too!
    And I'm sorry people can be such jerks. I agree, she should just be happy that she has a grandbaby on the way!
  • Options
    @Hillaryo14 I feel like a lot of PD sessions are pointless or redundant. I am not looking forward to ours.
    @angkay711 Do your families not get along or do they live far away? I don't know the back story and why your family wasn't included when his family threw the shower for you. It sounds like she was more focused on that and feeling hurt. Sorry you didn't get the reaction you expected. 
    @kaitlinliz Is travel in your job description? Has it been hard on you since you're pregnant? (I assume so.) Is there any way you personally can get  an exemption due to circumstance?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @irishfrisky I would've been livid! Don't touch my food pregnant or not. 
    @angkay711. I'm sorry she responded like that. My first thought would also be that she was hurt that she wasn't included but based on what else you said she just sounds like a pain in the arse to deal with. I wouldn't go out of my way for her. I've decided I'm done going out of my way to try to involve people in mine and my children's lives.
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I agree, most of them are. Tomorrow we are going over curriculum and the new lesson planning format, so at least it might be relevant. Have you seen any of the Eddie B (what teachers really think/say...) videos? They are hilarious and so true! 
  • Options
    @NYTino24  his mom lives in Colorado where we live.  my family lives in Iowa.   They were the ones that threw the shower for us.  It was just a family thing since we were there visiting. I just wanted my MIL to feel included even though she didn't get to be part of it.   If or when I have a shower in Colorado she will definitely be included in that.  I just have had a very complicated relationship with her and it gets to me so that's where the rant came from.  
    @amber0529 I need to be more like that and not let it bother me so much.  If she wants to be involved she can and if she doesn't it shouldn't bother me.   I dont need to try so hard to make her happy.
    Thanks for the support ladies.    :)
  • Options
    I've been to three events in the past two weeks, interacting with tons of people, including family and friends. This is my second pregnancy and I start a new job in 2 weeks. Only 2 people (besides my spouse and kiddo) asked me about anything besides my body at these three events...it was so intense that DH started walking away from convos because he was tired of talking about it. (He was always quick to acknowledge that I couldn't leave and note how incredible it is that people don't realize I'm still a whole person.) These were regular non-baby related events.  
    I am so tired of being asked how I'm feeling, if I'm ready, when my doctor's appointments are, if we have a childcare plan, and if I'm excited. Outside of those two people, nobody has asked me about transitioning to my new job, our trip to the beach, or even just me as myself, not as a baby-grower.

I'm growing weary of it and am not sure how to tell people politely that I'm not interested in their litany of questions about my body. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BabyE27 I don't blame you at all. What do you say to these people?

• Options
    I swear. Every time I tell people I have a 5-year-old daughter they say "oh, she's going to be such a good little helper". Like EVERY TIME. Honestly I don't think she will be a good helper at all, what she will want to "help" with will be stuff she's too little to do so it will be more of a play help if anything, and also I want to make sure she doesn't feel like the built-in babysitter as she gets older. I just want her to enjoy having a baby brother.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @NYTino24 no it's not. What is in my job description is that well do things our boss asks us to do without question/complaint. He said that this is one of those things. I swear they threw that in there so they could make us do things and we couldn't complain. I've mentioned this before but I work with adults with intellectual disabilities and in our eyes they need consistency and stability which means they expect us to show up every day, not be sent all over and not be there, or for the other programs have those clients now have to figure out who we are and why were there and be comfortable that they have to deal with me all day. It's not fair to any of them 
  • Options
    My reflux and heartburn are so bad today that my husband is sitting next to me on the couch patting my back to burp me to help with the indigestion. This is love 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    I HATE moving! One day off a week is not enough time to get everything done. We have to be out of our old house by Friday and I spent my whole day off yesterday packing. I was so sore by the end of the day and still didn't get everything done and now I have to work every other day this week.
  • Options
    @amber0529 agree, packing to move is the worst (and unpacking once you get there, too).
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @amber0529 Packing and unpacking is the worst. However it's a nice way to sort through stuff and give away or garbage what you know longer need. 
  • Options
    @abby7 I get the same thing regarding my DD who turned 4 in may!
  • Options
    My DD is 5 and I found that this year she has become a bigger help, partly because I make her and also because she wants to help.  Right now she must help clean her room, bring in groceries and her trash from the car.  This past week we went on vacation with family, she wanted to help with the 3 month old cousin, making him calm down and feeding him, grabbing things for the mom.  They'll help at a 4 year old and 5 year old capacity, im sure people know that and it's also a nice thing to say instead of "well, she's going to be a terror once she isn't an only child".  
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort that is great to know. She does have chores around the house (set the table, clear her own dishes, laundry in laundry chute, some dinner prep help like peeling corn, bringing things in from the car, etc.) and she enjoys "helping" with cleaning and yard work, but with baby stuff I guess I am still skeptical. I do get that people are just thinking of something nice to say, but sheesh, I'm not kidding when I say it's like 80+% of women who make the little helper when I mention my daughter and it gets old and therefore annoying.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I usually try to be polite but general in my answer and then ask them questions about their life. I guess I kept hoping people would rather talk about themselves. It only works sometimes.
    At a recent event, I just excused myself to the bathroom, even if I didn't have to go. My diplomatic skills aren't as good lately...and I hate the stereotype of "crazy pregnant lady".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Abby7 I have a similar situation and agree entirely. I want my kiddo to be a sibling, not a junior mom. When people make those comments we try to respond with something our kiddo is looking forward to doing together with their new sibling, like reading or building legos. It isn't perfect, but we hope it reminds the person that she's a kid, not a babysitter.
    BabyFruit Ticker