July 2017 Moms
Options

Missing out?

edited August 2017 in July 2017 Moms
I remember hearing of a FB group for highly active members a while ago. Was anything ever started for other people to be able to join? I want to make sure that I have not accidently missed out. 

Re: Missing out?

• Options
    I agree. It is sad. I didn't participate all the time, but now that I am home on maternity leave (and up half the night feeding the baby!), I can now participate more! 
  • Options
    I feel the same. I joined the group super late, but I was really excited to be here. I am disappointed that the board has died, too. I would assume the private group morphed into Facebook, but the way I understood it when the PG was first being formed was that you had to be part of that group before you could be part of the Facebook group. But who knows? Maybe after the first few weeks are past us, people will become more active here again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Perhaps a second private group or FB group could be started?
  • Options
    I don't know where everyone went  :/ It is super sad how dead things are around here. Just when I started participating more things went silent!
  • Options
    The board started dieing when the private group was made! There is so much to be discussed and so many questions ..but it's just So dead! 
  • Options
    I say we bring it back. Either a FB group or on here. Whichever one people think is easier! 
  • Options
    Oh I didn't realize there was a private group. I was wondering why this board was so dead compared to previous BMB boards I've been on. I thought it was bc there were people discouraging new threads so people were afraid to post new questions. But that makes sense - my first BMB (oct '11) transitioned to FB but that was a good number of months post partum and it's still very active.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think this board can definitely be brought back to life if some weekly threads are done consistently to get people posting. 

I.e. Monday bitchfest, weekly chatter, breastfeeding check-in, weekly stupid questions, etc. 
    agreed! I can try to remember to start some of these threads. I just never think to start them myself. 
    It's hard to post with a newborn too. I'm getting back in the swing of things. It was rough there for a while getting used to this new life! Still haven't worked all the kinks out - slowly but surely!
  • Options
    I honestly think a lot of people have just gotten busy with the new babies. I know as a STM, I just don't have the time to be on my phone or computer this time around. 
  • Options
    I think this board can definitely be brought back to life if some weekly threads are done consistently to get people posting. 

I.e. Monday bitchfest, weekly chatter, breastfeeding check-in, weekly stupid questions, etc. 
    agreed! I can try to remember to start some of these threads. I just never think to start them myself. 
    It's hard to post with a newborn too. I'm getting back in the swing of things. It was rough there for a while getting used to this new life! Still haven't worked all the kinks out - slowly but surely!
    I never think to start them myself either. I guess whoever remembers or has something specific to say can just jump in and start it like @NutellaToast just did with FFFC. We haven't had one of those in a while! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    michelle04usmichelle04us member
    edited August 2017
    Ive been MIA because having 4 kids makes it hard to get on. Usually try during early morning feedings but that doesnt always happen. Naptime for 3 of the 4 happened at same time today so getting a little break to check in lol.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm not sure if a FB group has started but life with 2 kids is INSANE. I have no idea how people balance more than 2, you guys are supermoms! But the best time for me to check the bump is middle of the night feedings but there will be many days in a row with no new posts! Let's come back!! 
  • Options
    It is hard to keep involved with a newborn and harder with more kids. However, it sounds like there is a lot of interest in getting this board going again. I will be happy to try to remember to help with weekly threads. 

Now that the board is not as busy, would anyone be inconvenienced by more diversity in the threads to allow for more conversation ?
  • Options
    @WeddingNotes13

I am good with more diversity. What were you thinking? 

The extra time time I have now is when I'm feeding Jameson. Middle of the nights mostly, but also some times during the day. Especially since my oldest started Kindergarten yesterday (
  • Options
    @Cynth0104 Congrats on having a kindergartener! 

I did not have anything specific in mind. In have felt hesitation in posting at times and @Creedon778 seemed to indicate that others may have experienced it too.