Infertility

Hi, I'm new here (secondary infertility) (child mentioned)

I am new to this board but not to the bump. I took a long break from TB but I think I'm ready to give/receive support from other people who understand the IF journey. :( 

So, hi! I'm floridastanley. I have a son who is 3.5 years old and have been ttc #2 for 25 months. In the last 2 years I have been diagnosed with PCOS and my HSG found a unilateral hydrosalpinx likely caused by my caesarean with DS. I had a lap done to repair it in May and we are getting ready to move forward with the next stages of treatment- likely just clomid/progesterone at first, possibly IUI if that doesn't work out. 

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies and getting to know you all. <3 
image image

Re: Hi, I'm new here (secondary infertility) (child mentioned)

• Welcome! Sorry we have to meet like this, but I love you s/n!!
    Are you working with an OB or an RE?
  • Welcome! Sorry we have to meet like this, but I love you s/n!!
    Are you working with an OB or an RE?
    RE. Definitely wouldn't take clomid from anyone else!
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Good!!! That's definitely the way to do it!
    We didn't do proper research and used my old ob. It definitely delayed us a year.
  • Hi, I too have a 3 y/o son conceived naturally, we tried soon to have another because I was and now am 40. I miscarried 2x and took nearly a year both times. I now have a diagnosis of DOR and just had a failed IVF attempt as I only had 2 follicles growing, they converted to IUI, which I had yesterday and now we wait. I'm not sure which was worse, th injectibles or waiting.
  • Welcome and GL on your upcoming cycle! :)
    *tw*
    Me: 33 / DH: 30
    Married: 10/19/13
    NTNP since 2010 / TTC since 2013
    DX: Unexplained
    June 2014 – Aug 2014 (3 cycles): Medicated cycles >> Letrozole + Trigger = BFN
    Sept 2014: IUI #1 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Dec 2014: IUI #2 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Sept 2016: Consult with RE, DH consult with Urologist
    Nov 2016: D&C to remove polyps >> RE required 6 month break
    May 2017: IUI #3 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFP >> MC/CP
    Aug 2017: IUI #4 >> Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Oct 2019: IVF Consult

• It is not pretty rare as I have know many cases. The only thing that bother's me in all this the waiting part. You are not sure whether the treatment will work for you or not. I am not sure if there is a guaranteed treatment for a condition like that. I am adopted a baby 4 years back. It was not legal my cousin left his newborn to me because she could afford him. She was only 17. I don't know how to say that but she took him back from me within 4 months after marrying a rich guy. Well, things can be harsh. WE best friend had 10 MCs and 3 D&Cs in last 5 years. All this breaks you emotionally. I feel physically week now. The other negative side of all this is the amount of money it requires. My problems are not similar as yours. I am glad we get to support each other here. We can't discuss everything with people who cannot relate.
  • Hi @Florida Stanley 
    It is true that PCOS wreaks havoc on women’s bodies and at a time makes it difficult for them to get pregnant. There are cases where IUI has worked well, and I think you should give it a priority. However, you have mentioned a cesarean which you think could be a contributing factor. Well, it is encouraging that you decided to have a doc examine your womb so that if there is any problem, it should be repaired to increase your chances of conceiving. Also, am glad that you have put yourself on clomid/progesterone. It may also help a lot to prepare your body.  In the meantime, I would like you to give me some information regarding your periods are they irregular or irregular? Also, I would like to know if a doctor has conducted an assessment to understand the nature of your problem and whether IUI will work in your case. Performing a physical examination and ultrasound is important since it helps to determine the best cause of action and will also assist them to choose a procedure that will help you achieve your goals.