February 2018 Moms

multiples check in

ok mamas how are we feeling?!
for those of us that have had other pregnancies, how is this compairing so far?
how far along are you? 
any new appointments or concerns?
let's keep in touch!

Re: multiples check in

• this last week I have been fighting with a cold. it's been tons of fun coughing until I gag. it's getting old.
    so far the nausea has been comparable to my last 2 pregnancies, one of which was a twin pregnancy. this time around I feel so much more fatigued but I'm also chasing a 2 year old now. 
    I'm 10weeks 4days now (technically due March 4th) but that's not happening so here I am in Feb. 
    meeting my new ob this Friday! my other ob doesn't do multiples 
  • Hi @Karissa764! I'm 12w5d with mono/di twins. Had my 2nd US on Monday and everything looks good, lots of wiggling from both. Got all the blood work done and the Harmony test. We get those results back next week, then we will prob start announcing. Gonna be weird and make it so much more real to tell people! I just am still in shock 3 weeks after finding out. Been feeling pretty good. Last weekend I felt pretty bad w nausea, headaches, but got some good sleep this week and doing well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mono/di here. 13 +5. My next growth scan is next Friday. I don't feel them yet, but am definitely showing. I was a lot more sick with DD. But seem more tired this time. 
  • How are all of you guys doing now? I know this was posted last month but im trying to find a multiples group.. im due March 9th but i dont think that will happen so ive been lurking in jan and feb as i dont know which one to join. I am pregnant with di/di twins currently 13wks5d.
    Have you all found out genders yet? I will be going this Friday for an elective ultrasound for genders. Have any of you had any bleeding issues? Im still tired and dizzy at times.  What about all of you?
  • Doing pretty good here! 15 weeks tomorrow! We haven't found out what the babies are yet. I want to wait until they are born but dh is a planner so we will see who has the striker will haha
    I was having some bleeding last week..nurse me knew it was nothing to be concerned about but pregnant me was really uneasy about it. I saw the ob earlier in the wee, who was very reassuring....until she was able to pick up only one heartbeat on the Doppler so she sent me for an ultrasound because she knew she really freaked me out. Had the ultrasound yesterday and both babies looked great! I have been tied but it is definitely getting better! I have been getting dizzy spells especially if I stand for too long our I haven't had enough water or something to eat in awhile.
    I have felt some small flutters but I am so ready to feel them move. It will give me peace of mind!
  • Hey y'all. 17w today. We found out on Tues at my 16w US our mono do twins are boys! Both measured 6oz and a couple days ahead. The sonograpgher said I have an anterior placenta which means I won't feel them move for quite a while. Going to the first appt with the MFMS on Monday so will learn all about the placenta then. 

ive been feeling mostly good, lower back is so tight by about early afternoon everyday, I've been trying to do core exercises to help but I'm going to start going to prenatal yoga once a week. I also get super bloated and full when I eat lunch and dinner, things are moving real slow in there. I haven't been dizzy since the first tri, but I eat all day and drink tons of water. 

@momma6angels11 I've posted in the Jan moms club there are more MoMs there, even tho my official EDD is 2/17. I'm sure you'd be welcome in all 3 months

• Thank you!! @seltzerinstead i think im going to join the feb,but post on both jan and feb MoMs.
    Yesterday I had my first MFM appointment and found out i have placenta previa. Also that baby B has a one artery cord.Both babies weigh 4oz each. They say the latest i will deliver is 37wks. What has your doctors told you? Im 14wks5d 
    @Karissa764 bleeding is definitely scary as ive had 2 bleeds and spottin on and off since week 6. I was told yesterday to expect more bleeding..
    When is everyones next appointment?
  • I have an ultrasound next Wednesday and a routine ob appt in 2 weeks. I'm cruising in on 16 weeks I feel like I'm starting to get short of breath now. I'm kind of worried that if my lungs feel this crowded already what is it going to be like in the next 20 weeks lol
  • I feel you! @Karissa764 im short at only 5'1 and it seems when i sit up i feel out of breath. And im only 15wks.
  • @Karissa764 so how did your Ultrasound go? What about your appointment? How are you feeling?
    What about everyone else? Appointments? Ultrasounds? How far along are you? How have you been feeling?
    AFM
    I AM 16WKS3D with b/g(di/di) twins. I feel ok, still get tired towards the middle of the day. My next appointment is with the MFM doctor on the 10th of Oct. For my AS .
  • Hi I'm 19w3d with modi boys. All has looked good at appts so far. next up is 2nd MFM appt on Monday. Cannot WAIT to see what is going on in there, it feels like they must be growing fast, my belly just feels so stretched all the time. My energy level is good/normal, bloating and gas is killing me at times, I have to make sure I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies and not eating too much in one sitting (which I just did and am laying here feeling like a beached whale). Also going to the chiropractor next week to help with my lower back, pretty pumped about that.
  • @seltzerinstead im glad everything has been ok for you with your appointments so far. Im looking forward to seeing your update Monday! How much do you think they weigh now? I know what you mean about eating too much in one setting.  If i try to eat what usually is a meal for me i feel pretty miserable for hours after.
  • @momma6angels11 at my last MFM appt I was 17w2d and they were 8oz and 7oz, which is bigger than what the apps say, but they've both measured a few days ahead since my first scan at 10w. So idk! I certainly feel like my belly has grown a ton just in the last week
  • I'm in the same boat! I'm 18 weeks now and I feel like just over the last week..not even I've gotten so much bigger! Everyone I work with all noticed and I've had a few unsolicited bump touches. We have an ultrasound on Wednesday and I can't wait to see what they are measuring! We are still team green....for now haha I really want to wait until they are born but we will see if my will power can hold out
  • Hi I'm 19w3d with modi boys. All has looked good at appts so far. next up is 2nd MFM appt on Monday. Cannot WAIT to see what is going on in there, it feels like they must be growing fast, my belly just feels so stretched all the time. My energy level is good/normal, bloating and gas is killing me at times, I have to make sure I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies and not eating too much in one sitting (which I just did and am laying here feeling like a beached whale). Also going to the chiropractor next week to help with my lower back, pretty pumped about that.
    Haha I ask still trying figure out the happy medium out how much to eat so I'm not starving 5 minutes after eating and eating so much I feel like I can't moved because I'm so stuffed lol let me know how the chiropractor appt goes! I've been thinking about trying that out. 
    Anyone else ridiculously uncomfortable trying to sleep? I think I might cave and get the  obnoxiously huge pregnancy pillow
  • @Karissa764 im very uncomfortable trying to sleep and i have the pillow. Its like i go from side to side all night long.
  • I have always been a side sleeper but it's getting harder to stay that way. I know they say not to sleep on your back and I make myself go to sleep on my side but I wake up on my back every night/morning! What am I supposed to do about that??
  • @Karissa764 im very uncomfortable trying to sleep and i have the pillow. Its like i go from side to side all night long.

I have been using a regular body pillow but it's just not cutting it anymore. I've considered trying to use unisom to help me sleep too. I'm on my feet all day..I'm a nurse and dh works the evening shift so it's me and our 2 1/2 year old most of the time and he is so busy and I'm so tired lol not a good mix. I  feel so guilty about it
  • @seltzerinstead theres not really much you can do about waking up on your back, but ive heard that even though you might wake up on your back you most likely arent there for long. If you wake up dizzy that could be a sign that you were on your back too long..anyways how did your MFM appointment go today?
    @Karissa764 i understand where you are coming from..i chase after a crawling 9mth old everyday and this not sleeping makes me exhausted. I might try unisom to sleep as well. Wednesday will be here before you know it!! Cant wait for your update as well.
  • How did everyone's appointments go? How is everyone feeling? How far along are you?
    AFM
    Im 18w1d today with di/di b/g twins. My appointment is Tuesday! Will update then. Still not sleeping well.
  • My appt and ultrasound went great! Both babies are doing awesome! This week I have been on edge because I'm 19 weeks now and that is how far along I was when I lost our twins 3 years ago. But having an appt and ultrasound made me feel so much better! 
    We told the tech we are team green like 100 times so she wouldn't tell us what they were but she started out referring to them as baby a and baby b but after she did the anatomy  part she started referring to them as he/she
    Just got my overly huge pregnancy pillow! I think i might go to bed early so I can use it sooner haha not sleeping well is the hardest part! 

• @Karissa764 That is great that your appointment and ultrasound went great!  I hope that this ultrasound made you feel better, im sorry of your loss 3 years ago. Praying your babies grow strong and you make it to term and bring 2 babies home. Did they say how much they each weigh at your ultrasound?
  • The tech said they both weighed 9oz  but I was so caught up I forgot to ask about their length lol
    I can't wait to hear how your appt goes tomorrow!

• Sorry my update took so long! I had my MFM appointment on Tuesday at 18+4 and both babies are 8oz each and they are doing great..my placenta still hasnt moved but there is still time they say.
    How is everyone? Are you having a babyshower? If so when have you decided is the best time?
  • Yay for a good appointment!! 
    I'm kind of ehh  on the  baby shower thing because we have a 2 year old son but everyone keeps telling us to have one but I feel weird about it. I think we might just do something small to have people over to meet them when they are born or something like that. Or even a get together the end of January before they get here 
     Are you having a shower? 
  • @Karissa764 im hoping for a shower,but not asking anyone to do one. I have a 10mth old boy, but expecting a boy and a girl. So even a shower geared towards girl stuff would be great! Im sure many people would love to have a get together after your babies are born an would probably bring gifts too!
  • We are kind of in a weird spot because  we are getting ready to move into our new house within the next month..we have been remodeling for 2 years so I kind of want to do a house warming party but I don't want to have too many parties and make people feel obligated to bring gifts but I also want to show off our house we have worked our butts off making beautiful. I'm also mindful of the time of year it's coming up to and I know this is the expensive time of year!
  • @Karissa764 We are planning to move in the next few months too, (although it sounds like you have put a lot more work into it), so I have spent some time thinking about it. If we get moved in time we will do a holiday/housewarming party and put on the invite that gifts aren't necessary but people can bring their favorite holiday treat or drink. Something that helps them feel like they are not coming empty handed, but close friends will still get a gift if they are in a place to do it. We love any excuse for a party though! And I love decorating for the holidays so it is a double win to show off the house decorated! 
  • Anyone have any appointments coming up? How is everyone feeling? How far along are you?

Im currently 20+4 with b/g twins and feeling huge and oh so uncomfortable and tired..My next appointment is next Thursday with my ob.
  • I'm feeling the same! I am 21+4 and I feel like I did when I was 36 weeks with my singleton haha uncomfortable and tired and just blah
    I have an ultrasound next Tuesday and and ob appt on Thursday. She said she was going to start checking my cervix and every appt from here on out just to make sure everything is going well. 
    I did find that the support tabl tops are a huge help they just take the weigh off of your stomach and it's so much more comfortable! So worth it!

• @Karissa764 i have my ob appointment on Thursday too! I'll be checking back in then to update and hopefully you will do the same! My last appointment at ob was on the 19th and i had her measure me just to see what i was measuring! At 19+6 I was measuring 29/30wks! Thats just so crazy! And explains why i feel so uncomfortable. Where did you find the support thing?
  • @momma6angels11 Amazon! 
    I will definitely check in after my appt! I can't wait to hear how yours goes!
  • UPDATE: My appointment went great today! Both babies are doing great! AND baby A's placenta has finally started shifting off of my cervix!! Praise the Lord!! I found out that I will start stress tests weekly at 32 weeks
    I also go to the MFM next Tuesday  so i will be back again with that update!!
    @Karissa764 how did your appointments go this week?
  • I'm so glad your appt went well! Yay for that shifting placenta!! That has to be such a relief!!

My appt was great! We had our ultrasound on Tuesday and the appt today and both babies are right where they should be! I am 22+5 so ob appts are going to start being every 2 weeks. I asked about a stress test and she said that as long as my 3 you glucose tolerance test comes back alright I don't need to do one. We are still keeping the ultrasounds every 4 weeks. It's really starting to sink in that there will be 2 more little people here soon! 
  • @Karissa764 it definitely is a relief,  but when it moves even farther i will be very relieved!!
    I am glad your appointments both went well! I'm curious to know how much they each weighted at your ultrasound? I wont be getting my ultrasound until Tuesday.  I know they have definitely grown, but cant wait to see how much!! My next ob appointment is in 3 weeks so after that i will be going to see someone every 2 weeks. As for the nst it will be weekly once i get to 32 weeks and i think its really more for baby B with her 2v cord.
    I know it wont be long and 2 little ones will be coming..
  • The tech said they each weighed between 1.1 -1.3 pounds and were about 11.5 inches long 
    I'm 23 weeks today!
  • @Karissa764 I had my MFM appointment today and both hearts look normal! Baby A (boy) was 1lb 2oz and Baby B (girl) was 1lb even! My placenta moved even more!! Yay!
    I am 22wks4days today! My next appointment is with the ob on the 21st . Is your next ob appointment the same week?
  • @Karissa764 i hope you are doing ok! I also hope to see your update this week !
  • I had my OB appointment today.. measuring 34wks when im 24+4 today!! I feel so huge..babies were very active wanting fed as i was fasting for my glucose test..cervix was still good.. my next appointment is with the MFM doctor on December 5th
  • @Karissa764 i haven't seen any updates from you yet! I hope everything is going good with the twins!! Can't wait for you to update again.. i hope your move went well, i know it was coming up but not sure when??

AFM I failed.my 1hour glucose test last week by 8 points.. i just went and did the 3hour test and i feel like crap..