October 2017 Moms
Options

Glucose Test

I failed my first glucose test, they tested me 5 minutes before my time my doctor said to have my blood drawn. 
I didn't say anything because I figured I'd pass like I did my first pregnancy.
Well I failed, and am now doing the 3 hr glucose test, and once again they are testing me early, before the hour is up. 
I said I still had 5 minutes until the hour was up and they said it's fine, I can be tested 5 minutes before or 5 minutes after.
But why would my doctor specifically tell me to have blood drawn at 60 minutes after finishing, if it doesn't really matter if it's 5 minutes before or after. 
I am just concerned with 5 minutes being able to affect my results. 
Do you think it can?

Re: Glucose Test

• Options
    I'm not sure. I had to go to a lab to get my blood drawn but had to register with the darn hospital first so my test was actually 10 to 15 minutes late. I was concerned THAT would screw up my results too, but the phlebotomist said it was fine.  I passed with an 83, so I HIGHLY doubt 15 minutes could make my glucose drop 60 points. Did you fail by a lot or just a few points? You could always call your office and ask... 
  • Options
    jsh5jsh5 member
    I had to do the 3 hour too and they had a timer set to go off every 60 minutes to do my blood work. I don't know if 5 minutes would make a difference or not. 
    Maybe wait until you get the results and then bring it up to your dr. I would want to know my numbers too and what the expected numbers were to compare.