February 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 8/9

Another week down....a bunch to go but as we are still here it's a positive! 

How far along are you?

Any appointments or tests coming up?

How are you feeling mentally/physically?

Any Questions? 

GTKY: Are you planning a "baby moon" in the second trimester? 

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: PGAL Check In 8/9

• Options
    I'll go first since I'm just bored at my desk, haha. 

Not for a couple weeks now that most of my intensive first tri appointments/tests are done. Got NIPT tests back on Monday and everything is low risk and it's a girl! So I'm definitely breathing easier now.

Pretty good mentally, since I've had DS in between now and all my losses it's definitely not been as terrifying this time, especially once I made it past 10 weeks. I lost all my angel babies before 10 weeks so that's the critical spot for me. Physically I am so ready for the morning sickness to lift, especially the massive food aversions. I can't remember when it got better last time, so I'm just waiting for that glorious day!  

Any Questions? 
    Nope!

Ha I wish! No room in the budget around here, but it's ok. I'll live vicariously through the rest of you!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    12 weeks. 

Not until the end of the month. NIPT came back low risk and we find out gender this weekend (can't believe I haven't opened the envelope yet!) so that gave me peace. 
    I caved and got a home Doppler so I hear the HB often and that helps. We announced on FB yesterday and now I'm FILLED with anxiety. Like now the world knows my secret and I jinxed it. It's strange, but I figured out this baby's due date is exactly a year from the date we found out about the MMC (February 20 of this year). I'm going to take it as a good "this is destiny" sign and try to be calm.

Any Questions? 
    at what point do ya'll start working on nursery? 

yes! But not sure where yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ash0625 My DS was born exactly a year to the date of my loss the year before. It was strangely very healing for me, I though it would cast a shadow on the birthday but it did the opposite. 

Also, I started setting up the nursery when I was about 26 weeks with DS, just the big stuff like crib, chair, and changing table. I didn't want to be too big and uncomfortable to do it. But DS didn't sleep in there until he was 7 months old, I mostly used it for diaper changes, nursing sometimes, and pumping until he moved in there. I have a friend who hasn't set hers up yet and her baby is 2 months old!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    12w5d.

My last appt. was on Monday. Pretty uneventful. I received NIPT results yesterday. Low risk for everything tested and little sprout is a boy. My gut feeling was right.

The queasiness comes and goes, along with the unsettled stomach feeling. I usually notice these symptoms later in the day. Mentally, I have more stress and anxiety surrounding my risks of developing superimposed pre-e due to secondary chronic hypertension. I just hope it doesn't lead to that, or postpartum pre-e. I try to think positive and remind myself that the extra monitoring at home and at the doctor's is the best plan of action. The worry comes and goes. I usually feel better after talking it out with H and my mom.

Any Questions? 

No.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @ash0625 We're going to be starting fairly soon because it's going to take a little construction work to get the space ready. We live in a small house so the nursery will be in an alcove off the living room where the three 50 gal fish tanks currently reside. Once the fish find a new home, it will be the perfect size for a nursery until we finally begin construction on our new home. 

How far along are you? 11w 6d

Any appointments or tests coming up? Still waiting on NIPT results & have NT Scan and genetic counseling appt tomorrow.

The exhaustion is slowly disappearing as is the nausea which has been replace by headaches. Good times!

Any Questions? 

We would like to but budgetwise it may not be in the cards. :-(

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    How  far along are you? 12 W, 2D

Any appointments or tests coming up? successful NT scan today

How are you feeling mentally/physically? I feel good physically, and mentally I still have my moments. 

Questions ? 

TW*** having the nt scan today was triggery for me and I started crying. It was at an ultrasound that we found out our baby's heart stopped beating at 23 weeks, and everything about a silent us technician sent me into a panic.  Anyone else have ultrasound ptsd?

Are you planning a "baby moon" in the second trimester? We are heading to Vegas in 2 weeks for a wedding!!! Can't wait! 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options

How far along are you? 12 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments or tests coming up? Just had my NT scan this morning and still am in shock whenever I see a baby on that screen

How are you feeling mentally/physically? Mentally I am starting to accept that this pregnancy is really happening... physically I'm feeling better than I have - nausea seems to be dwindling and I have some more energy lately.

GTKY: Are you planning a "baby moon" in the second trimester? Not necessarily a baby moon but I'm going to FL with hubs and DS and my sisters family in October. 
  • Options
    @alemarie1 Totally understand on the US PTSD. Our very first US was at 7-8 weeks & I could not look at the screen. I was convinced I would be told "you're measuring 6w and there's no heartbeat" just like the last two times. The doctor said "There's the sac...and it looks like...yup...There's the heartbeat." I snapped my head around because i didnt believe him. I'm still nervous. The 11w US was awesome because the peanut was wiggling around when the doctor first started looking and then froze. I called him/her Baby Groot.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 I love groot! Just downloaded guardians of the galaxy 2 pre release on vudu and I'm already watching it a 3rd time... 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    How far along are you?
    12w 4d

14 week appt on 8/23.  NIPT came back Friday as low risk.  So relieved!

Had another big SCH bleed this past Saturday and am still dealing with the aftermath (major ick).  Still minor nausea here and there and the boob soreness has cranked back up over the last couple of days.  

Any Questions? 
    Nothing I can think of.

We're at the beach this week so I think that's going to count as our baby moon.  College football starts soon and then we'll be into the holiday season so our traveling time is coming to an end.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! It's my first time posting here. Glad to have and be some support!

How far along are you? I'm 12w 6d

Any appointments or tests coming up? We have a check up on the 21st. The last time I saw my dr was July 5th because we've been visiting my family. I missed the window on the NT scan and triple screening because we're out of town so I'll have to do "other tests" when I return. 

I'm anxious because I'm not near my dr. We planned this trip before we found out I was pregnant. I had a freak out yesterday because I got some blood work back from the lab (via email) and some of my amino acids were low. Of course I got on google and totally freaked myself out. Thankfully my dr was able to take a look and calm me down. I'll hopefully be calmer once I'm back home
  • Options
    @alemarie1 I'm feeling you! I have my NT scan on Monday and am really worried I will lose my composure. Wondering whether to ask them to turn the screen off or embrace the fear and look at my baby!? Thanks for sharing :) 
  • Options
    @alemarie1 & @bigred226 I freaked a little at the NT Scan because I saw the baby but I couldn't see the heartbeat. I mentined out and both the radiologist and my husbands quickly pointed to the flicker on the screen and at that moment little peanut waved his arms curled up and jumped like he was on a trampoline. I had already explained to the tech my US PTSD and she was wonderful. She pointed out everything and talked about how great it looked. Sure even said "you are all clear to announce. You are good to go. You have a healthy baby in there." It made me feel so much better. It really depends on your tech & their willingness to walk you through the US.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 so glad to hear everything went well at you NT scan

@bigred226 good luck at your NT scan Monday 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    @alemarie1 @rainafire77 Thanks Guys. 
    My problem is my last NT was fine and I was deemed low risk. It wasn't until my 20 week scan anything was picked up. I just don't think I'll be able to get excited until then. Just like @winnie1122 said the 10 week mark was her 'critical spot' I think mine will be 20. I'd better do my actual post.... 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    12 weeks 5 days 

NT Monday. I don't know what NIPT is but in Aus we do NT and a blood test and then they use that info to calculate our overall risk. 

Getting over the flu (winter here) so I'm pretty exhausted. I've really popped out this week and can't sleep on my tummy anymore. What a pain in the butt! Mentally, just nervous about the scan and preventing myself from getting my hopes up. I've started knitting though. 

Any Questions? 
    Did you guys see the recent articles about Vitamin B3 reducing chance of miscarriage? Looks promising. 

I wish. No extra $. We will have a week at the beach in December. 
  • Options
    @bigred226 I think we all have our milestones. Mine was to make it past 6 weeks and get a heartbeat. Others, like yourself who had later losses, have their own (20 weeks, 24 weeks, etc). I know that even though I've hit all the critical milestones so far, I won't feel out of the woods until I have a baby in my arms and we're on our way home. We'll all just take it a day at a time and support one another through it all. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @almarie1-  I think that's normal for a loss mom. I always worry about hearing "There's no heartbeat."  ***TW (Our loss was day of delivery we arrived expecting to bring home our son and learned his heart had stopped due to a cord accident they believe occurred with my labor starting end TW*** Hugs to you!
    @bigred226 I know what you mean about milestones and the fear. It's a balance. I'm like @rainafire77 I won't  believe it's real until the baby is in my arms. I just try to keep the hope stronger than the fear. Hugs to you! 
    @rmarie13 - I'm glad your doctor could calm your worries. 
  • Options
    My NT scan didn't go well today. Nuchal measurement was fine at 1.7mm but there may be some early markers indicating spina bifida which was the reason for my termination last time. Was also placenta previa with lots of blood flow across my cervix which is a bit of a worry. Have been referred to a larger hospital for a 16 week scan to either confirm or rule out spina bifida. Won't be getting much sleep for the next month!  :(
  • Options
    @bigred226 I'm so sorry that your scan didn't go so well. I hope everything ends up being ok and that the markers are nothing. Thinking of you during this terrible waiting period

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @bigred226 - so sorry you have those markers and hoping you get good results at your appointment at 16 week. Hugs to you!
  • Options
    @bigred226 I'm so sorry, I hope it all turns out for the best but I'm sorry you have to go through all this worry! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    @bigred226 I'm so sorry. I'm also having good thoughts for your 16 week scan.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @bigred226 sending thoughts and prayers your way  <3
    I'm sorry you're going through this. 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    @bigred226  I'm so sorry. I know not much we can do for you from here, but let it all out any time you please and know you're not alone. <3
  • Options
    @bigred226 good update from the radiologist. I hope that puts your mind at ease. No help with the previa though

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @bigred226 glad you go to some positive news! Hope it continues at your next appointment. Never head of Vasa Previa.
  • Options
    @bigred226 Good news on the spina bifida! I've never heard of Vasa Previa. What did they tell you about it?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    It's where the blood vessels between the placenta and the cord are embedded across your cervix meaning a natural delivery is very dangerous. Usually means bed rest from 32 weeks and an early C-section