1st Trimester
Options

Thick clear/yellowish discharge at 9 weeks, 2 days

Hi everyone, 
I am new here...haven't been on this site in MANY years!  I have a 7 1/2 year old son and was super surprised to find out on July 4th that we are pregnant!  I am 39 and things are VERY different than they were the last time!  We tried for years to have another but even through fertility treatments was unsuccessful.  I did have one miscarriage years ago around 6 1/2 weeks.  
I have had a little stretchy discharge over the past week or so but today I had two different moments (one like a quarter size and one like a dime size) of thick clear and yellowish discharge.  My OB office doesn't seemed concerned unless I am bleeding or seriously cramping.  Still feeling uncomfortable with this as I don't remember going through this with my son.  
Any words of wisdom from you ladies?
Thanks!  Trying to stay calmer than I did 8 years ago!

Re: Thick clear/yellowish discharge at 9 weeks, 2 days

• Options
    It's normal to have an increase in cervical mucus when pregnant due to the increase in hormones. If it's not red I wouldn't be concerned. If you are uncomfortable with wetness, try a thin pantyliner. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    I get the same thing. Its cervical mucous. Your plug is made up of the same stuff. Its just a barrier to protect baby from infection. Congrats on the new baby!!! If u heard the babies heartbeat and your having morning sickness i would relax. Not every pregnancy is the same. This one will stick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi I've been having the same this is my third but I've also had 4 misscarrage before and after my 2 sons. This type of discharge is normal of course it's natural to worry about anything but if it's not red or dark brown then relax. Congrats