Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check In Week of August 7

This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive! 

QOTW
What is your favorite TV show, current or past?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with a little girl
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with a little boy
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 with a little boy
@tiffanyw1783 EDD 8/30/17 with two little girls!
@oxinfree EDD 9/3/17 with a little boy 
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with a little girl
@latershrader EDD 9/12/17 with a little boy 
@EmilyE13 EDD 9/28/17 with a little girl
@ChocolateIsLife  EDD 10/21/17 with a little girl

Congratulations to @MicronesianMamma on the birth of her little boy Soulik! And Congratulations to @ARB425 on her little girl, let us know how you're doing!
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: 3rd Trimester Check In Week of August 7

• Well, I', 34+5 today with my little guy. Two more weeks of modified activity until I hold my babe. I got home from the hospital last we and we realized there was a lot we still needed to do. So we did a lot of that this weekend...well DH did. I supervised. I feel like we are in good shape. There is always more to do, but he if comes tomorrow we'll be ok. My big fear now is whether this babe will turn head down in the next few weeks. I do not want a c-section but I will do what has to be done of course. I'm doing the "cat" pose a lot. I need to get a yoga ball. I have an MFM appt today so we'll see how things are soon...i'm really nervous that my fluids are low again. But trying to stay positive.

QOTW: I am looking for shows to watch so the question is kind of selfish! Right now I'm watching The Crown on Netflix. It's pretty good!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Super excited to be in my 36th week of pregnancy! Wahoo. I have c-section booked for Aug 30th at 11am (I don't think I updated y'all when they moved it from the 28th). Still hoping he flips from his transverse position but nothing is working - not chiro with webster technique, not spinning babies, not swimming or handstands in pool, not circles on my exercise ball. Perhaps he'll flip on his own when he sees fit... stubborn like his mama. We installed the carseat yesterday, and today I go to get it checked and learn more. We also packed our hospital bags as best we could given we may be there for like 4 days if the c-section happens. Missing a few things but feeling much more organized now. Yesterday I had more period like cramps. I'd say this is the second time I really noticed them. They were pretty uncomfortable. Then I had them again this morning though not as bad. I'm guessing my body is starting to get ready for the big event!? OB appointment tomorrow but not anticipating any changes. Plan to decline a cervix check again... what's the point until (if) he flips? Is there a point?

QOTW: My favorite tv show by far is FRIENDS. I am an addict. I've seen all 10 seasons way too many times to count. I will also admit, I am a huge fan of reality tv (as fake as I know it can be) such as Amazing Race & The Bachelor ... eargerly awaiting Bachelor in Paradise on that note... 

@latershrader - Glad to hear you're home and feeling more prepared. We got a lot done this weekend too so I wouldn't feel as stressed. I feel you on not wanting a c-section but I've had some time to come to terms with it and done a good amount of research and reaching out to those who've experienced it, and truthfully it's eased my mind quite a bit. Obviously not the ideal, but just as special to hold our miracles in the end <3 A couple awesome netflix shows if you're in the market and haven't already watched: Friends from College - some ppl haven't liked the affair storyline, but I love how real the IVF is portrayed in terms of raising awareness. Also a huge fan of the new show Ozark - very reminiscent of Breaking Bad in my opinion. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi all!! I'm 36w5d. Just a little under three days until we meet Audrey and Olivia!!!! We got the car seats installed this weekend. Everything else is ready for the girls. My last OB appt was last Thursday with BPP. According to the ultrasound tech's measurements Baby A (Audrey) gained no weight in the week since the last BPP, which we don't believe. The last time she measured I ended up in the hospital b/c she didn't get good measurements on Baby A. Baby B was 5lb 12oz and A was 4lb. So now we just wait until Thursday to see how big they really are. We are hoping and praying for no NICU time!! I've also had a horrible persistent cough the last week which is causing me to sleep even less than I was. Hoping it goes away before Thursday. The OB's nurse offered to get my OB to give me a prescription cough syrup but I would prefer to not take narcotics while pregnant. Otherwise I'm doing well, just nervous and excited! After 9 & 1/2 yrs we are finally going to have a baby (well two!!!)!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

QOTW: Favorite TV show- past CSI Las Vegas- still watch reruns constantly!! Current- How to Get Away With Murder (great show)! 

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    Took a break for a while.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
    12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
    EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

• Glad you're home and feeling more prepared @latershrader! Hopefully the fluids stay up and he stays in for 2 more weeks.

@oxinfree I'm learning that babies are stubborn and do what they want. Lol. Whether he turns or not, it sounds like you have a plan for moving forward.

AFM, I'm now 40 weeks and 2 days. A date that I didn't expect to actually get to, if I'm honest. My next OB appointment is Friday. I'll get an ultrasound and a NST done and from there we'll determine whether I need to be induced or not and likely set a date. At this point, I'm trying to get labor to start before then. My doula is coming over this afternoon and we'll see if we can make progress. My cervix is softening and my OB is encouraging, so we'll see what happens.

QOTW: Not sure what would be my favorite show. There are different ones I like depending on my mood. I liked White Collar and Leverage when they were on. I like The Librarians and NCIS. Just a wide variety.
  • Hi everyone!! 39w3d (OB moved my due date a while ago to August 11). Can't believe I'm so close to the top of the list now. @persnickity & I were the only two successful from the Nov 16 IUI group and now here we are - so exciting. 

Lots of pressure down there but really, not a lot of change. We finished everything last weekend so I'm literally just waiting now. I actually just reorganized his closet for something to do. I'm off work now - that was harder than I thought it was going to be but I'm sure as soon as he's here it won't matter. New job starts any day now...

QOTW - my fav show has always been Greys Anatomy. I've just always loved it for some reason & can watch it over and over. I own all the seasons haha. We watch Big Brother every summer. 

@latershrader - great to hear you feel more prepared. Keep taking good care of yourself and your LO will be here before you know it!! 

@tiffanyw1783 - sooo soon!! That's super exciting. 

@oxinfree - even though you seem to be at peace with a C, I'm still hoping he flips for you!! I haven't found the point in a cervical check recently and my LO is head down. Things change so fast - you just never know. My 40 week appt this week we'll do one because at that point she more needs to. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Joining the 3rd trimester, eek! I can't believe all the babies coming any day now, thinking of you all lots!! @JWatt5 that is a great due date! My daughter was born on her due date, August 11th (birthday this Friday :)

I'm 28 weeks pregnant with a boy, due October 31st. We have an almost 4 year old daughter and battled secondary infertility, due to a blocked tube and other ovary just not producing much of anything. Did IVF and here we are! I've been feeling good, definite energy so I've been taking advantage in case it doesn't last. I have major heartburn and acid reflux but if that's the worst I can't complain. We aren't having a shower this time around but some stuff just got grimy over 4 years so lots of shopping to get everything together.

For appointments, passed the glucose test! Woo! We have an appt at the end of August to go over delivery, my doctor seems to be close to retiring so we want to write up a plan in case she's not on call. Had some complications with my daughter's delivery so I'll feel good getting a plan together.

QOTW so many... Downton Abbey, Friends, Parks & Rec, and currently watching Game of Thrones. (Anyone else?? Need to talk last night's episode with ANYONE! haha)
  • @Joslynj11 - yay for another friends fan. If you've watched both on dvd and netflix you'll have noticed like I have that parts are missing haha. I go, wait, why'd they cut that hahah. Looks like you had a lovely shower! Yay for being in third tri!!! <3

@Polythene Pam always a relief to hear people pass their glucose test. Phew. How are you feeling about your doc situation? Are you pretty lessez faire about it, or is causing stress?

@JWatt5 - when's your 40 week appointment? Hoping you look ready to rock and roll... fingers crossed! So excited for you! :) PS. Also a huge grey's fan ;)

@persnickity - hope you can get labor started naturally in the next few days and avoid induction. fx! <3

@tiffanyw1783 - boo for having a cough... that's no fun. As if we need yet another challenge to sleep through the night haha. I hope you feel better soon and that the measurements are all fine at your scan! 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• tiffanyw1783tiffanyw1783 member
    edited August 2017
    @oxinfree no more scans for me, babies are coming out Thursday. So was the car seat installed correctly when you had it checked today? Looked like hubby had it hooked in pretty well on your YouTube video. I hope baby Beau flips. Both of mine have been in the exact same position since I was about 20w, baby A breech and Baby B transverse. I had already planned on a c-section anyway.

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!

• @oxinfree - Thursday at noon! Also watched your video - I love that car seat. How did inspection go? It's so easy to install. We got lucky and it actually fits best in the centre in my new car (the new CRV has more leg room so it actually fits better than my old CRV - win!). 

@PolythenePam - that's fun!!! We'll see if he makes his debut that day! 

@Joslynj11 - welcome. Love the pics!! 

@persnickity - we must have posted at the same time, I didn't see you post before me! Hoping the pressure points work!! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 @tiffanyw1783 - installation check went perfectly! They told me to tell Eric he got a gold star! haha which he was very proud of. They agreed with where we installed it, and said that although middle is in theory generally recommended (and would have given us most room), with nuna, the rebound bar and latch connectors make putting it on one of the sides a lot more stable overall so we were happy with that. Also with c-section she said I'll probably want it on the side at the beginning at least anyway. Apparently they don't recommend mirrors as they aren't secured well... I thought that was interesting because I don't think I've ever seen someone without one. Huh... not sure what to do there as I'm not sure I'll function well not seeing my precious babe. 
    @tiffanyw1783 - ps. I must have been confused when you said wait until Thursday to see.. I assumed scan, but you'll get to SEE see haha. That's so exciting. I hope all goes well. EEEeeeee. Will be eager to hear your experience with the CS
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree - in Canada, we don't get the load leg! Or the levels in the base, it's just a line level on the seat it's self. Peg pergo just released one in Canada with a load leg for the first time a couple weeks ago. If Nuna does, we'll buy a new base. We were told no mirror as well for Safety/Attention reasons and that they can fall off. We have one still - if it proves to be a distraction (which it might) we'll ditch it. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @latershrader I hope your fluid levels were steady at your appt today!
    @tiffanyw1783 Keep growing, little Audreyl! Sounds like you need to take that tech's measurements with a grain of salt. Hopefully the MFM measurements show good progress. 
    @oxinfree Maybe that baby will do you a favor and flip, but I'm glad to see you're in such great spirits regardless. 
    @PolythenePam Welcome to 3rd tri!! Great to see you here. I'm a GoT devotee, as well, and am still recovering from the awesomeness of last night's episode. 
    @Joslynj11 Welcome to you, too! Those are such cute baby shower pics.

AFM, 32+4 with the little girl. I got the wonderful news this morning that I passed my 3 hr blood glucose test, so I'm really relieved about that. No OB appointments this week, but we do have our 2 night birth prep classes at the hospital on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm generally feeling pretty good and have the heartburn mostly under control with daily Nexium, but I can tell I'm slowing down in a lot of ways and getting tired more easily. 

QOTW: My favorite current shows are Game of Thrones (I've read all the books, too, so I am fully nerded out on this series!), Veep, and the Great British Baking Show. Favorite past shows are Scrubs, Parks & Rec, and the Wire. 

• @oxinfree honestly ok with my doctor not being on as much. She's fantastic but with my daughter it was 90% the nurses anyway, and I like the other docs in the practice. 

And I've never heard no mirrors in the car! Makes sense but it was so nice to see my daughter. Driving, crazy loud scream, glance back- ok her paci fell out I don't need to pull over on the freeway, this is ok ;) I'll definitely use it again for this baby.
  • Hi all!

You all are a few weeks ahead of me with what seems like a lot more accomplished, lol. I have literally not bought a thing for these babies of mine I just don't even know where to begin! Where did you all register? 
    Finally made it to the third trimester! EDD October 22 with boy girl twins:) I have my glucose test tomorrow and fingers crossed I pass. So far, my only complaint this far into the pregnancy is the tennis ball sized fibroid that won't let me find a comfortable position to sleep in! It's as if I'm pregnant with three instead of two! Still, very blessed and can't complain!! 

Anyways, love that we all watch pretty much the same shows. Friends, breaking bad, big brother. My fave of all time ER is actually back on tv with reruns. I get kinda anxious when they air an episode with a pregnant lady not fairing too well but I gotta remind myself it's just fiction! 
  • Hi everyone! It's been a crazy and scary few days. We went into the hospital Friday night for the induction. Around 7pm they put the cervidil in. All night I was having contractions for about 45 secs to a minute about 4-6 minutes apart. I took some Motrin for the pain, used the birth ball, and had my husband massage my back/hips like crazy. Around 7am I  was only 1cm dilated,50 effaced. Around 9am I requested nubain because I was in a ton of discomfort. At that time I was 4cm and 80 effaced. Then things moved quickly! I requested nubain around 1115 and when the nurse when to check me she said " you can't get it. You are 9.5cm!" . I couldn't believe it. Baby Karolina was born on 8/5 at 1217pm. She had the cord wrapped around her neck twice so they had to work quickly to get her out. Her Apgar was perfect though!
    Unfortunately after things were both rough for me and her. I ended up having postpartum hemorrhaging even after several interventions and my OB had to manually get the clots out....this was worse than the birth. I lost a ton of blood but luckily didn't need to be transfused. Later in the evening the baby starting vomiting yellow/green fluid and ended up being transferred to a larger hospital with a NICU. My husband left to be with her and I was an emotional mess!  Luckily she didnt have any blockages but most likely they think she inhaled some amniotic fluid. Her blood cultures are negative and they stopped her antibiotics today. She was just transferred from the nicu to a step down floor.  She is eating like a champ, peeing/pooping normally. We are going to work on breastfeeding/pumping but for now she is getting formula because I was too weak to pump in the hospital.  I was discharged this morning and hopefully our peanut will be discharged Wednesday. 

Sorry for for the long winded book over here! I hope everyone is doing well and hopeful may will meet their babies soon!
  • @ARB425 sorry for the roller coaster of a delivery but the both of you look great! She's a beauty!
  • @ARB425 - Congratulations, she's beautiful!! So glad to hear you are both ok, I doubt I'm the only one watching for an update. You've both been through a lot the last couple days - hope everything continues to go well and you don't have any more bumps in the road. ❤️
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @ARB425 so sorry to hear about all the complications but so glad y'all are both on the mend now. I know that had to be hard for you and baby to be at different hospitals! Hopefully Karolina gets to come home soon!!

TTC for 8 years.
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!

• @ARB425 congrats to you and your sweet family! I also had post partum hemoragghing with my daughter 4 years ago and it still weighs on our minds a bit being pregnant again. I also had trouble with nursing because my body went into healing mode instead of milk production. Hoping you have a smooth recovery but here if you have any questions! Congrats!! ❤️
  • @mous-2 for my daughter I went to babies r us and got their registry checklist. Overwhelming, so I took it home and registered online there and on Amazon. There's a great website, Lucie's List, she breaks down the best product in each category and says what's not necessary. I still rely on her site as I'm upgrading a few items :)
  • @ARB425 Congrats!! so excited to read your update!! I'd been really hoping that everything went well for you. Sorry to hear you guys had so many things happening with hemorrhaging and her needing NICU time, but so glad you guys are all starting to do well! It sounds like your induction went really well and was closely in line with how you had hoped labor would be.
  • @ARB425 Congratulations on Karolina's arrival! I'm sorry about the complications but hope both of you continue to recover smoothly. 
  • @ARB425 - what a stressful few days that must of been. I'm sure being separated from her and being alone while recovering must have been scary and emotional. Big hugs. You did amazing, and she's here, beautiful and safe now <3 Congrats!!! You two look fabulous :)

@mous-2 - I registered on babylist.com - you can keep all your registries in one place and/or just add random things from various stores (which is mostly what I did...) A lot of ppl do amazon registries these days as well but yes it's overwhelming for sure. I also found Lucie's List a good starting point, but wandering the store and googling what you need for the first 3-6 months was helpful as well to figure out what to put on there. 

@Polythene Pam that's what I hear (about it really being about the nursing staff) but I'm glad you're also happy with the other docs in the practice. That's fantastic! And agreed about the mirror... that's my thought too. I don't plan on watching my baby while driving but if at a stop light and he's screaming would be nice to be able to do a quick glance for peace of mind, exactly like you said.

@EmilyE13 - congrats on passing 3 hour glucose test! What a relief! Now you can go on to enjoy the next little bit of your pregnancy without that concern. I'm on daily Nexium too but missed my dose before bed last night and all hell broke loose. Forgot how bad I had it because I still have it mildly while on medication but it's unbearable without... I guess hence why I'm on it. Learned my lesson... will NOT forget again, ugh.

@JWatt5 - crazy that they don't have the leg load version in Canada. Seems so odd to me, but not the be all end all. It's the only brand in the US that has it (though I'm assuming the peg perego one you mention is also now available here...), more common in UK, so not surprised really I guess. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks they may keep the mirror regardless of recommendations. Maybe as he gets bigger I'll ditch it, but I'll probably be a nervous nelly at first and need that added reassurance that he's buckled in fine, not dying etc. You know... all totally rational thoughts haha ;) xx
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @ARB425 Congratulations but also, you poor thing! Thats a lot to go through! She is perfect!

I am 35 weeks + 4 days with baby girl. I have felt pretty awful the past few days- like racing heart, dizziness, etc. I went in to see my OB today and she said its most likely normal strain on my body from late pregnancy, but she is going to have a cardiologist make an appt with my just in case. (Woohoo more dr appts!) 

Baby is looking great though. Head-down, about 6 lbs, good amt of fluid. I asked my OB what her thoughts on induction are and she said if I want to, she will induce me around 39 weeks. I was relieved to hear it just because I have felt so awful and unproductive. Spending my days dizzy is no fun. If I'm not at least 2 cm dilated, though, I have a good chance of a C-section. So I'm waiting and seeing where these next few weeks take me. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• @Arb425 Congrats on welcoming your baby girl! Your birth story sounds exhausting/emotional and I am so glad that you and baby girl are doing well now!

Thank you so much ladies for the warm welcome! I am so excited to get to know you all as we get closer to T time. I am sorry that I couldn't individualize my comments but I post mostly from work and they just turned around my computer station so now it's like the whole office can see what I am doing if they really wanted too so I am trying to be sneaky haha :D
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Thanks everyone for the kind words! I don't mean to scare anyone with my birth story but complications are a reality unfortunately. I had a very healthy pregnancy but we had some other bumps in the road! Right now I'm just pumping and planning on supplementing her formula with my breast milk. I've actually been able to pump about 15mls at 2 of my sessions which was super exciting! I even took a picture and sent it to my best friend and mom!  As long as tonight goes well Karolina will be coming home tomorrow! 
    I do highly recommend trying nubain prior to getting an epidural. It really helped me relax and have some pain relief. I believe that led to me dilating faster and moving my labor forward!

Im so happy to hear everyone is doing well and quite a few people will meet their babies soon! I will see you on the PAIF graduates post soon! 
  • @ARB425 Congratulations Mama! Although it sounds like you and Karolina had a tough go of it! (Love her name btw) Hope you both continue to do well!!

Welcome to our new posters: @PolythenePam @Joslynj11 & @mous-2. I'll add you all to next week's check-in!

*TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Good luck tomorrow @tiffanyw1783! Hope everything goes smoothly.

@JWatt5 looking forward to hearing how your 40 week appointment goes!
  • @ARB425 - congrats on your baby girl!  That must have been so difficult, being away from baby like that.  Hopefully, she'll get out soon and be in your arms.  Btw, whats nubain?

@latershrader - this is my big fear.  Never having had a c section with dd, i get really nervous about the whole thing.  I hope your baby coorperates tho!

@tiffanyw1783 - i hope baby a catches up with her sister!  Altho, with dd right befor delivery, i was told she was almost 8 pounds.  She was actually 6 pounds and 11 ounces.  And that was with only 1 baby.  These measurements vary so drastically based on so many different factors!

@PolythenePam - congrats on passing the glucose test!  Btw also a huge fan of GOT!! OMG on last sunday's episode!

@Joslynj11 - shower looked amazing and like so much fun!  And enjoy the babymoon!

@oxinfree - i didnt have a mirror with dd because of that recommendation - didnt wanna risk it.  She was always within arms length to me.  So if she needed a paci, or bottle (when she was older) or something, i could easily give it to her at a light or something.  It wasnt that bad - although she was a screamer after awhile.

@EmilyE13 - congrats on passing the glucose test! I also managed to read the books right before dd was born.  I dont kmow if ill have the energy and time to continue reading the series tho.  Each book is like 1000 pages and its so thick with people and places.  I guess we'll see what happens when he finishes writing it.

@mous-2 - i too have not done a single thing with these babies.  For a loooong time i was in denial, but now i feel like im so behind in planning and stuff!

@omarismyhomeboy - i was induced with dd at 39 weeks due to borderline high blood pressure, was barely 1 cm dilated, and was in the hospital for 5 days before she came out.  If you dont want a c section, see if the docs will work with you to find other ways to induce baby.  I really didnt want a c section and thankfully dd came out as soon as they starting mentioning the word.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • AFM, I'm new to 3rd tri -  28 weeks yesterday.  Pregnant with twin boys. (@latershrader - please add me)  We used donor eggs since i have pof.  Did the same with dd (who is now 2.5 years old).  This was our 2nd attempt after dd.  We transferred 2 with her, both stuck but lost 1 at around 7 weeks.  Thought the same would happen here but nope, now we have 2 on the way.  I guess i still havent really wrapped my head around it too much - ive spent most of this pg in denial.

Reading how some of you are all ready has me feeling like i need to get my butt in gear!  Im starting to feel the pressure that things need to get done before these babies come otherwise, im not really sure what we will do.

I took the glucose test last week but havent heard back from ob - so im assuming all is well.

QOTW:  i probably watch too much tv - i love game of thrones (GOT), the walking dead, fear the walking dead (i know a lotta people dont like this version but its gotten so much better in the later seasons), better call saul, veep, ballers, power (acting could be better but i like the storyline), suits, younger, dark matter, orphan black, shannara chronicles, 13 reasons why (although dont watch it while pg, made me cry so much), the affair, the arrangement, billions, big bang theory, fresh off the boat, black-ish, modern family, brooklyn nine-nine, bull, designated survivor, scandal, how to get away with murder, friends from college is funny but not overtly so - kinda like it for that reason, etc

Did i mention i watch too much tv?

• Btw, just 1 question - why the monthly posts post-birth?  I know theres a saif board - i remember moving to that board after dd was born.  Guess im wondering why the change?

• @hopeby2015 - maybe ask why on that page? I know they do a monthly one just so the thread doesnt get too long but Its been there for as long as I've been on the PAIF boards - couple of the ladies have been on there a while and may know!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @hopeby2015 nubain is a pain medication given through the IV. For me it was very effective. It lessened the pain, I still knew what was going on and felt in control.  For me, I didn't want to get an epidural because I already have migraines and I had read a figure that 25% of women get headaches after and I didn't want to make issues worse for myself. We were shooting for the most natural child birth we could have, mainly trying to avoid pitocin, epidural and csection. I just wanted to give my experience with it.
  • @ARB425 So sorry to hear all you went through. But very glad to know you are both ok! Congratulations on ur beautiful baby girl, she is precious!
  • Just had my 40 week appointment. Parker has definantly dropped, I'm 1-2 cm dilated. She said I could go anytime but could just as easily go a week overdue. So, inducement date has been booked for the 20th. Ultrasound and NST on the 17th to make sure all is good to be going a week over my due date - if not for some reason I go in that night. If he's just not here by then that is!!! I really have a gut feeling about Wednesday lol. I'm still feeling pretty good other than pelvic pressure - no swelling lately, sleeping fine, actually more comfortable since he's dropped I think despite the pressure. He's not up in my ribs anymore. 
    So we'll see if he decides to come - I'm actually going to make some plans for this weekend and cancelled Finn's kennel reservation. I think I'll be home for the weekend... :)
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Well Audrey and Olivia arrived at 8:03 and 8:04 this morning! Audrey was 4lb8oz, Olivia 6lb6oz. Both in NICU for monitoring but doing well. And the craziest thing, they did an ultrasound before the c-section and Audrey after 20weeks of being breech was head down!! Did have complications during section. B/c of my endometriosis my bowel was adhered to the back of my uterus so my OB tried to remove the adhesions and nicked the bowel so they had to call in a general surgeon to fix it. Now I have to stay with nothing to eat or drink until tomorrow and then I can start clear liquids. I'm starving. I can't wait for my epidural to come out so I can go see my babies!!

TTC for 8 years.
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!

• Congrats @tiffanyw1783!! 
    Thats a big fear of mine - if I have a CS they'll explore my endo and that'll lead to more recovery time but...now that's fixed. Best wishes to you - hope you mend well and see those babies soon!! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Congrats @tiffanyw1783! So glad the twins are doing well! Sorry to hear there were complications with your c section, but glad you're recovering well!
  • Congratulations!! @tiffanyw1783 sorry to hear of your complications during delivery but such great news you are all ok! Hope your baby girls aren't in the NICU for long. Can't wait to see pics!!