November 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 8/7/17

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Monday Bitchfest 8/7/17

• Found a super online deal - get an 8 pack of wipes for the price of 1 (a mistake) and ordered for store pick up. They wouldn't honor the deal even though I had the screenshot of their page and my confirmation email. :(
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 that's messed up!!
  • Loading the player...
  • The puking on Saturday and today has been so draining I can barely keep my eyes open to work. Please God...let me stop vomiting. 
  • The rash that won't stop and is turning purple. I feel like crap today and I'm suppose to go home and pack for vacation when really I feel like passing out. My biggest day was yesterday with an annoying doctor who wouldn't give me the orders I needed and a float nurse who had a rotten attitude about her assignment and the person I was giving them.  It's not always glamorous on my unit.
  • DH's work decided that he personally needed to go spend the day 11 hours away today, so he got up at 3 for his 5am flight and won't be home until after midnight. They work on a reimbursement system, so we had to pay for all of the flights and food and whatnot out of our own pocket, around $1,000 for the flights alone, upfront. This isn't something we planned and saved for (he found out on Friday), so with our already tight budget this is really pinching the household purse for this month. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ariasbabyblog that's awful. What a horrible policy and so unfair not to have warning. Hope this is the last one for a while, sounds draining. 
  • @ariasbabyblog that is really a crappy deal. Sorry that $$ needs to come out of your pocket first. Not cool. 
  • I'm a tax attorney by day, and currently trying to help a few clients navigate through notices received from one particular state (PA).  I swear to you, no one at the PA Department of Revenue actually answers the phone! I call on a daily basis, sit on hold for over an hour, leave messages - NO RESPONSE.  Answer the phone!
  • My son decided to wake up at 4:30 this morning and than the dogs got started. He finally fell back asleep at 6, right about the time I needed to get up for work. I got to work and realized I left my lunchbox full of my drinks and food for the day on my kitchen counter. Than I go into work and give my supervisor my doctor's note since I've been out sick for the last 4 days and he tells me that I'm not getting paid for it even though I have more than enough leave to cover it. I went to the bathroom and cried. Now I have to have my Union rep fight it.
  • I just want to sleep! 
  • @amber0529 sorry your supervisor is being a jerk 
  • Can this carry over to Tuesday? My mother called me at 7:30 this morning to tell me that she does not care about my preferences as the FTM, she will be coming out to see the baby immediately after the baby is born.  (I had asked her, for a variety of reasons including her financial ability, to wait until Thanksgiving.)  She decided it is her right as a grandmother to see the baby immediately.  All her friends said so.  And so regardless of my preference or cost of plane tickets or anything else, she is coming. 

You know, I honestly don't know why 10 days makes that much of a difference! My mom is not in good financial health, cannot afford to take time off of work, has my much younger sister at home to care for, and has her own health issues! Coming for Thanksgiving would be so much easier for her. She is also a very high drama, high maintenance sort of person and I'm just not sure if I will be able to deal with her staying in my home right away.  
  • @amber0529 what a horrible day. How can people be so insensitive, unfair and mean!

@curiousfool1 my FIL keeps trying to come a week after baby's born but luckily DH has convinced him otherwise. I agree with @MaximumEffort if she doesn't take the timing that works for you into account, she should stay at a hotel. 
  • @ames011 and @MaximumEffort - that would be so much easier if it were at all possible! My mother has been re-entering the workforce as a single parent after 30+ years as a SAHM.  Her chosen profession does not pay much, and even getting plane tickets to get out to me is pushing her financial ability. Unfortunately hotels are not possible for her. After 2 years of covering a lot of her expenses while she gets back on her feet, we're tapped and just cannot anymore. I have tried every diplomatic way possible to ask her to wait 2 weeks for Thanksgiving.  I finally told her today i need a bare minimum of 48 hours at home before she arrives.  

Trying to think of the upside. She is OCD about cleaning.  At least my house will be spotless while she's there? 
  • @curiousfool1
    I'm sorry about your mom, try not to stress about it too much. At least she can clean and maybe cook for you and let you take a nap here and there.
    My mom is freaking out because she wants to be here when the baby is born but she's trying to find a job and nobody wants to hire her because she'll have to take a week off in November but doesn't know when. I told her to just come the week of Thanksgiving because the latest they'll let me go is November 20th but she got all emotional about it. I have a love/hate relationship with my mom. I want her here, she'll cook and clean and help with my 4 y/o but she's also an alcoholic and like to run her mouth and say things she shouldn't.
  • So this was found out on Sunday but finally processing it all..DH got out of active duty earlier this year and went into the reserves. We knew he'd have to leave for 6 weeks but weren't told when. He just had his weekend for August and when he went in he asked if it could be before baby comes so he'd be back in time...nope. his 6 weeks start 2 weeks after baby arrives! They wanted him to go in Nov and he told them absolutely not, so they pushed it to Dec. We're 2 hours from family and only my SIL lives near us but she has her own kids. Idk what I'm going to do. We have 2 dogs and a cat as well so it's not like I can just hang out with baby all day. My mom is coming up for Christmas break (she's a teacher) but that leaves 4+ weeks where I have no one. 
  • @kaitlinliz that sounds hard. Sorry you are having to deal with that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaitlinliz Ugh, I hope it all falls together.

• Thanks guys! I do too. 
  • @kaitlinliz can you hire help? Like a post partum
    doula or even a pet sitter so that you can be relieved of some house hold chores? 
  • @kaitlinliz I agree with above replies, I'd definitely try and get some outside help... even if it's just paying a neighbor kid to come over once a day to walk your dogs, clean the litter box, refill food/water dishes, etc.
  • Unfortunately we don't have the money to pay anyone and we're fairly new to the area - moved right before we found out I was pregnant so we don't kno anyone except a few coworkers. One of mine lives in my town and said she'd help with whatever needs to be done but she has 2 kids in middle school so obviously they come first for her. But I kno I can ask her to send her boys over if I need the dogs/cat taken care of. DH offered to have his mom take one of the dogs but I could never do that and it would make the transition with baby harder on her. I hope people really do step up like they said they would and come by for a few days to help. 
  • @kaitlinliz Have you ever heard of a meal train? It's a website where people can sign up to bring meals or donate towards one / a gift card. There has to be something like that where people can volunteer to help out...

• I can look. I live in a town of 3000 people instead of the 50,000 were used to so IDK if there's something like that around here
  • This is so sad about our very developed nation where someone is actually leaving to serve the country and there is no provision for their own families to manage a new born. I don't have generous corporate benefits but my husband had back up care where I can actually hire a nanny at a very nominal price if need be. I do hope people come up to help @kaitlinliz!!! 
  • After being off for a week on vacation I am back to work today and there are so many emails and voice messages that I need to answer, there goes almost the whole day playing catch up.