August 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in Week of 8/7

**New FTMs with babies, tell us how you're doing!**

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY:  Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert? Bonus points for sharing any personality test info (Myers Briggs, Enneagram, etc.) 

Re: FTM Check-in Week of 8/7

• Options
    How far along are you? 37 + 2

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? GBS last week - Ill find out the results at my next appointment this Friday. I have my first cervical check. 

Cravings? I feel like I could everything in sight! 

Rants/Raves? I have to wear compression socks for work and it's getting really difficult to put them on. DH helped me today and was whining about it. Ugh just do it for the baby, man. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Is anyone who has already delivered using a belly bandit or similar wrap? Is it helping and would you recommend it? 

GTKY:  Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert? Bonus points for sharing any personality test info (Myers Briggs, Enneagram, etc.) I'm an extroverted introvert. I can be very extroverted at times but I need my alone time to think and reflect. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    **New FTMs with babies, tell us how you're doing!**

How far along are you? Baby is now 3 weeks old

Have a blood pressure appointment Friday. Blood pressure went crazy after delivery. Was on 3 different medications. I'm now down to 2 and hoping I can go down to just one.

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?
    Baby has been fussy and colicky and it's been rough on us. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY:  Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert? Bonus points for sharing any personality test info (Myers Briggs, Enneagram, etc.) 
    Definitely an introvert! I'm such an introvert that it surprises people that I have a job where I have to be extroverted - I teach.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 39 +6 AKA 40 weeks (tomorrow)!  Holy CRAP! 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Had an OB and US last week (per usual).  We discussed possibilities for going over due, and things I would want to do. I had a lot to think about all weekend. 

Cravings? None.  Yeah, ice cream is always tasty, but I think I have finally come out of the craving phase.  I had been super hungry for a week or so, but Im not even that hungry now.  Hoping this is a good sign. 

Rants/Raves? My parents will be here on Friday night!  They both took the week post due date off to be around to help, and also have a bit of a get away (I think they are going to NYC for a day or two as well).  I had a bit of a panic attack when I realized how close to my due date they were going to be here.  

DH and I spent the weekend going stir crazy.  I have been WFH for a few weeks now, but DH was all last week as well, so we have been running out of things to do, and this weekend was just a bunch of waiting.  We went out on a date, walked everywhere, and just symptom spotted all weekend!  I did start to have mild menstrual like cramps on Saturday, and they continued super erratically yesterday.  Woke up this morning to a couple more signs (all TMI), and more cramps.  Hoping this picks up through out the day!  

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY:  Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert? Bonus points for sharing any personality test info (Myers Briggs, Enneagram, etc.)  I am totally an introvert!  DH and I both are, and we say our dog is as well.  We are total home bodies, and love our time just us.  There are long stretches of time where DH and I will be in the same room, but we are both on our phones, just decompressing. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    Baby is 12 days old!

We have her 2 week appointment tomorrow and mine next Monday.

Rants/Raves?
    my DH got two extra days off to be home with us before going back to work. We've never had this much time off together and I'm super thankful at how supportive work has been.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    How long until your pp bleeding stopped?

I had just done one of those Personality tests and here were my results:

PROTAGONIST PERSONALITY (ENFJ, -A/-T)

Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.

David Deida

Protagonists are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, Protagonists take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @erindippity I bled PP for an entire 6 weeks with my first. Two weeks of heavy duty flow, 2-3 weeks of normal period flow, and still had to wear liners for a couple weeks until it finally stopped by my 6 week PP visit. It's been a shorter duration for me with each subsequent baby (2nd took about 3.5 weeks, and with DD only about 2.5 weeks). 

@littlebug2010 So close to the finish line!

@Kathryn0903  GL with your BP & getting off the rest of the meds. 

@BlackNYellow I've been wondering about a PP support wrap. I've seen people mention getting them from the hospital after a c/s (but I've never been offered one after any of my c-sections). I'm planning to ask the doctor/nurse about it. Sorry, no real advice! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?

37+1

OB and MFM for a NST on Wednesday. I'm curious to see how my first internal check goes and where I'm at in terns of body prepping for labor. If there isn't any progress I'll be fine mentally, just really want to know what's going on down there!

Cravings?
    Food. :)

Rants/Raves?
    I don't feel like my belly is that big when I look down... until I see myself... then I'm like "yeah, you look 9 months pregnant you crazy loon."

Questions for FTM, STM+?

Extrovert with introverted and introspective tendencies. I'm outgoing, have no problems being the center of attention or stepping up in front of a crowd, and am fine with surprises popping up.  But I do need my time alone to unwind and regain my energy. I don't get my energy from being in the middle of a crowd or being out the way a true extrovert does.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @erindippity my baby is 3 1/2 weeks old and I feel like I may finally be almost done bleeding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Blackandyellow
     I'm also curious about this, I've heard great things about PP support bands so I'm starting to look into them. Someone I follow on IG (simplysadiejane) had an entire post about them that talked about which ones she tried and loved.

How far along are you? 
    38+2

Appt coming up on Wednesday, last weeks went well and I'm starting to make some progress

Cravings?
    Sweet things currently, I am getting full pretty fast. Not much room left

Rants/Raves?
    Rant: I know the house still isn't ready, but I am ready to not be pregnant. 
    Rave: Still feeling good overall, minus the increase in heartburn. Nothing that Pepcid won't fix..

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Nothing ATM

@Mango517 I'm stealing your answer, that is my personality to a T!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 39+4

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Appt last Thursday and one coming this Thursday. Still fingertip dilated as of Thursday and he hasn't dropped so we discussed induction. My Dr. is on call all this weekend (and not again until I'm almost 42 weeks), so if I haven't changed this Thursday, I'll go in to be induced Saturday!! 

Cravings? Milkshakes. Candy cravings have subsided finally! I was getting sick of the sugar crashes.

Rants/Raves? 95% sure this will be my only child as we have my 2SD often and decided 3 was good. I'm SO excited to meet our son, but I'm also very sad that pregnancy is coming to an end. For all the pain and weird symptoms, it's been an amazing experience. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? PP down below pain - can anyone describe it? Does lightning crotch go away? Is it achy pain or more shooting? Everyone has talked about bleeding, but I'm curious as to what kind of pain to possibly expect.

I'm definitely an extrovert but need downtime once in awhile to recharge. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @caity024 I'm assuming you are looking for what pain is there are a vaginal delivery? I could elaborate on csection pain but not vaginal delivery pain. I will say, I have no pain from the vaginal bleeding discharge. It's just an annoyance. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 38 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Found out I am GBS negative, so that's great! Normal 38 weeker on Thursday.

Cravings? Kind of losing my appetite. Hoping that's a good sign!

Rants/Raves? Rant: Started having prodromal labor last night and it's the pits. Contractions from 10p-3a, lasting ~40 seconds every 3-4 minutes. They were essentially painless other than a dull back ache that would start them off. And then they just stopped. Have had a few today but not as regular as last night. MW said to rest & hydrate and call if they get longer or more intense. Such a tease!!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Anyone have prodromal labor? How long did you have it before you went into active labor? Was your active labor shorter because of it?

Another extroverted introvert here. I enjoy public speaking and spending time with quality groups of people, but any "group" time wipes. me. out. and I can get really emotional easily if I don't honor that.
    I'm obsessed with Myers Briggs, and I'm an INFJ:

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. 
    INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extraverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 my mom and aunt (sisters) are both INFJs! And me and my sister are ENFJs.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 plus +1 for INFJ. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I'll just hang out in my INTP corner.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited August 2017
    How far along are you? 38 weeks

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last week was fast. My OB casually asked if I'd had any contractions and between that and this board, I was feeling like I was "behind." Cue irregular, not-painful contractions last night for a few hours. I'll have my first cervical check at the next appointment on Friday (38+4)

Cravings? All of the food

Rants/Raves? I got a promotion at work and it was just absolutely perfect timing. I was feeling stressed about getting everything done and frustrated with a few projects that had fallen in my lap at the last minute when I could go out any day. My company is amazing but it's still impressive that they'd do that right before I'm about to go on leave (I get my full salary while out). We also just got a new head of our team (Chief Comms Officer) who is my boss's boss so it's great to get recognized right before going out. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? What did you wear once you were home from the hospital (first week or two)? I know the answer will probably be different for vaginal vs. c-section - hoping to have a vaginal birth but I know a c-section is a possibility so interested in both perspectives.

I am an introvert. (INTP. ETA You're not alone @SpotConlon). DH is an extrovert by the technical definition. Until he took the MB test in grad school, the concept of someone needing time to themselves to recharge was foreign to him, even though he's not Mr. Outgoing or anything. For the first 6 years we were dating, when I told him I wanted time to myself he thought he did something wrong. Then he realized that is actually a trait of the Introvert when they covered personality types in his organizational behavior class. I had no idea he thought that and didn't realize he hadn't gotten it before. I felt horrible :(

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists. INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 congrats on the promotion!! And I'm in the same boat with the "not really labor not BH" contractions. So annoying.
  • Options
    @kvh22 I had a vaginal birth and have been wearing my maternity clothes the past several weeks. First week or so was spent mainly at home and I lived in pajamas. Maxi skirts were nice when I had to go out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kvh22 I had a csection. I live in a nursing gown and robe. The only other clothes that fit me are my maternity leggings and maxi skirts. Every shirt I've put on is too tight at my chest since my milk came in (even maternity). Too much pressure on my boobs and it just hurts! I'm dreading leaving the house Wednesday for DS's first appointment. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 36+5

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Weekly BPP on Fridays. Baby was measuring 5 lbs 9 oz. Probably waiting on cervical checks until week 39.

Cravings? Chocolate ice cream, which I've yet to actually eat.

Rants/Raves? Rant: So tired. My poor dog has been sick, and warming us up for being up with a baby all the time. 
    Rave: Mom bought me a cute/comfy nursing gown, so that's one less thing I need to buy for my hospital bag/post-partum. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? When should I buy nursing bras? I plan to get a few camis/gowns to get me through the first few days, but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and buy a few bras, or wait until milk comes in and I have a better idea of what I need. 

ISFJ 

The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.
    ISFJ personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. ISFJs take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 you can buy bras right now, but your size will change a lot the next few weeks/months. I always start with the sleep nursing bras (stretchy kind of like sports bras) at first. Then I invest in better ones when my milk has leveled out. You may also find your band size will change as you lose weight after giving birth. And waiting a few weeks helps that level out too
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37+3

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Had my weekly checkup yesterday. Baby is still super low but not dilated yet. Blood pressure was also high (first time for that) so they want me to monitor it while I'm at home. Also found out GBS was negative. 

Cravings? Still sweets. Some days I'll be ravenous and I can't eat enough. Other days I feel meh about food. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: I'm so over being here at work. I'm exhausted from not getting enough sleep and then I get to come into this super stressful environment. I will full time work from home when I'm 39 weeks and I'm hoping that people will finally grasp that they need to start taking on more of my work load because after that point I could be gone at any time. Rave: Had a nice, small shower with some of my local girlfriends this past weekend. It was great to see everyone. The only wrinkle (and I mentioned this months back in another thread) was that one of my good friends who volunteered to host it didn't come because she couldn't bring her 3 kids. I got a text 3 days before the shower, no apology, letting me know she couldn't come. Haven't heard from her since. I get life is tough, especially with 3 little ones, but a phone call would have been nice explaining what the deal was. I really don't think she cares though so I'm moving on from that friendship. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? None right now. 

I'm definitely an extrovert. My husband is sooo an introvert so I've had to learn that he needs his alone time to re-charge.That led to a lot of fights in the beginning because I always wanted to be around him and couldn't understand why he didn't feel the same. We have a good routine now!