October 2017 Moms

Pre term labor scares? 30 wks

I'll be 30 wks on Monday, and over the past 2 weeks I've been admitted 3 times to L&D for PTL symtoms. Dilated to 2.5cm this week and was having some mild/moderate contractions / cramping (no bleeding). Had 2 rounds of Magnesium IVs and steroid shots - all in all unpleasant and scary. They keep sending me home, thankfully, and the medical staff has been kind, but I'm on modified bed rest and feeling stressed. I'm afraid to make any sudden movements - I put the laundry in the dryer then panicked that I shouldn't have bent down. I'm used to being really active. Anyway, any other moms or moms-to-be going thru this? Not looking to share horror or sob stories (honestly can't handle that right now), but some encouragement or advice or distraction would be so helpfu. I've been feeling depressed. Thanks so much!

Re: Pre term labor scares? 30 wks

• Not me but my sister did, they gave steroid shots and she ended up going late and needing induction! 30 weeks is a great milestone, they'd put you on strict bed rest if there was more concern. My sister was also on modified bed rest, just be easy on yourself but doing simple chores won't hurt anything :) keep us posted!
  • I'm 33 weeks and currently at the hospital now bring treated for PTL,  actually.  I went to the ER initially for decreased fetal movement and after getting hooked up to a monitor the doc told me I was having contractions. An internal exam revealed that I was 1.5 cm dilated. I was given 3 doses of meds to help stop the contractions and 2 doses of steroids to help baby's lungs develop. 
    I believe that as long as you listen to your doctor's advice, baby will keep cooking until its closet to your EDD.  
    Have you met with a MFM doctor?
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a scare 2 weeks ago at 28w4d and was admitted and given mag and steroids as well. I'm home now and they have actually taken me off bed rest since my cervix has been stable thus far and my doctor said there's really no evidence that bed rest is effective in preventing preterm labor. I am still having pretty frequent contractions and I'm now taking Procardia to prevent them. I had a very similar situation with my last pregnancy in which I was in preterm labor with my son at 28 weeks, hospitalized and sent home in bed rest 2 weeks later taking Terbutaline (which is no longer used at home). I was on strict bed rest with him until I went into actual labor at 34w3d. He was in the NICU to grow and feed for 2 weeks but did great and he is now 10 years old and you'd never know he was a preemie. I do think bed rest helped but maybe that's just more mental. I hope you'll do wonderfully and baby cooks a little longer. I know it can be very stressful to be less active, especially when you feel such a strong need to get things done before baby comes but I promise once it's all over, you won't remember it with such bad feelings. I know it sounds boring, but I just watched a lot of TV and did sudoku and what little chores I could. it will be temporary. Hang in there and good luck!!
  • Positive thoughts to you all, wishing all those october babies keep on cooking ❤️
  • My husbands cousin was on bed rest with both her pregnancies. From 25 weeks on she wasn't allowed to stand pretty much at all. Even to shower she had to put a chair inside. She made it all the way to her due date (almost) 38 and 39 weeks with each. Babies are both healthy and fine! 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Please keep cooking babies until it's ok for you to come out and greet your mamas