Picture!

Re: 10 Month Check-In

• Options
    When did LO turn 10 months?
    July 27th

Any milestones hit?
    He is a stander, and has four teeth :)

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-
    He's a peach, seriously. Best sleeper ever.

Weight and length?
    21lb 2oz, 28 3/4"

How are YOU feeling?
    Other than the mysterious and undetermined medical ailments, I feel pretty good!

Questions or concerns?
    What table foods if any are you guys giving? I can't let this dude self feed even the tiniest of morsels without him trying cram his whole fist down his throat. He gags himself everytime- it's kinda funny, but not really. Figure it out kid...

Picture!
    (Picture will only add to the top)

• Options
    I've given S pretty much every type of meat-chicken, turkey, pork, beef. She loves French fries. She's a pretty good eater and rarely gags. I'm trying eggs again this weekend by making paleo pancakes. DR recommended to give her something that contains eggs. So I'll make that and cut it in pieces for her. Now I just need H to be more consistent with giving her meat during the day instead of just purées. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When did LO turn 10 months? Yesterday (10/6)

Any milestones hit? She sits and butt scoots. Picks up food/eats it. Stands holding on to things. She loves "swimming"

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps- Usually naps 10-11:30 ish, Then 2:30-4 ish. Sleeps usually 8 to 8, with wake ups approximately every 2-3 hours still  :( 

Weight and length? Ballpark around 15 1/2 lbs? She's finally gaining steady and feels heavier. hah a

How are YOU feeling? I'm tired! So many props to the single moms out there. Being in America alone with Abigail for this little bit has been really exhausting (on top of all the stuff we have to do here). But we are so thankful to be here and for everyone to meet her.

Questions or concerns?

Picture!

*American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options

Oh my, she is so cute! @kmolletz

• Options
    @kmolleltz I spy those pink toenails  <3 she is gorgeous! So glad she's doing well. Imagine how nice your reunion with H will be when you get back to Tanzania. I would be doing one of those movie scenes- running off the plane into his arms jobs. I also can't imagine being a single mom and all the sacrifices they must make is mind boggling 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brzvice yes I couldn't help myself. Haha I always said my baby wouldn't be one of those girly girls that I dressed up all the time... false... she totally is.

ANd yeah it will be so good to get back to Dh. We were definitely having some struggles before I left, I think the stress of Abigail's surgery and all the travel we had to do for that (being away from home for 5 weeks) had really wore us down... not that we were talking about separating or anything but I felt like we were constantly arguing. 
    I guess it's true absence makes the heart grow fonder. Haha. 

And yeah, mad props to the single moms!
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I said the same with my DD, then BAM. Girlified as all get out haha I couldn't help it. It was beyond my control... And I'm not even the "girly type". 
  • Options
    When did LO turn 10 months? August 5

Any milestones hit? crawling and cruising

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps- Ciara is now sleeping in her crib as of last friday and her naps have been longer!

Weight and length? last check up she was 19 lbs i forget the height!

How are YOU feeling? good, starting to rest again at night!

Questions or concerns? Ciara has had a runny nose the last few days and yesterday I noticed one eye tearing.. what could that be? 

Picture!
  • Options
    When did LO turn 10 months?
    8/23

Any milestones hit?
    Cruising on everything, standing unassisted for short periods, clapping. She took a couple steps awhile ago but hasn't tried again. 

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-
    Sleep is really good. Sleep training is the best thing we ever did. She STTN 7-6:30 and normally takes 2-1.5 hr naps. 

Weight and length?
    17 lbs and about 27 in

How are YOU feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good. Just tired for no reason. With her STTN you'd think I'd be super rested but I'm not. 

Questions or concerns?
    How many ounces of BM/ formula are your LOs drinking during the day?  I'm sure she's starting to decrease due to the solids. I'm consistently pumping about 2-3 oz less than I used to, and I really don't feel like taking the pump home to try to make up for it. So some days I just leave 13-14 oz instead of 15 oz and she seems to be fine. I'm also having a hard time finding stuff for us to do on weekends. Everything has weekday hours and it's so annoying. 

Picture!

• Options
    @ladybug2821 Johnny has 21oz of formula daily. He gets a 7oz bottle in between food meals and one before bed.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I'm going to assume she's not far off from that then. In addition to the bottles while I'm working, she nurses in the morning and at bedtime. 
  • Options
    He's preferring food over formula lately, so bottles are pretty much out of routine and for comfort.
  • Options
    V is right where S and Johnny are too formula/ BF wise

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our babies are almost a year old guys...
  • Options
    Our babies are almost a year old guys...
    I know. It's crazy how fast this year went by. 
  • Options
    Abigail is getting way more interested in food and is taking maybe 18-20 oz during the day. But she still takes another 15 ish oz at night. It's exhausting but she refuses to drink more during the day. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    My LO is still nursing 6-8 times during the day (when I'm home on the weekends) and 1-3 during the night. She also eats 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.. she just likes her milk! I'm pumping about 32 ounces a day when I'm away from her so I'm assuming she's getting at least that if not more. 

@AllyTheKid I can't believe our babies are almost a year old! I've got her birthday party planning in full swing!

Got her outfit, hat, hair bow, cake topper, picture banner, and hang down decorations. Still need to order her high chair decoration thing and balloons when it gets closer. Also going to get bubbles for the kids to play with. Invitations should be arriving today. I'm so excited! 

How far out should I send her invitations out? 3 weeks or 2 1/2 weeks in advance?
  • Options
    @fitlady21 I'm not sure what the "proper" time frame for invitations is, but I usually send invites out 4 or 3 weeks before, so people have plenty time to recieve them and let me know if they can make it. Fortunately, just about all my family who will be coming to Johnny's birthday party are all right here in town. We're keeping it relatively small like we did with Jimmy.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Thanks! I'll probably shoot for 3 weeks. Ours is mainly family and maybe 10 extra people such as friends with kids. 
  • Options
    4 days shy of V turning 11 months she started full blown walking. Haven't even been able to post a full 10 month update but sleeping has been extra bad lately and she's walking. Heaven help me.

Pregnancy Ticker