September 2016 Moms
Options

Birth control

do any of you have birth control and aren't having any issue with it? I got the mirena 6 weeks after having Elias and it's been the absolute worse. I've been eating clean with low carbs for 2 months and the most I can lose is 2 pounds!! I have extreme anxiety and depression, fatigue, and lack of motivation. I also have random bleeding and I bleed after having sex. Anyone else experience this with the mirena? I'm getting it taken out on the 17th and i don't think I want anymore birth Control ever again!! 

Re: Birth control

• Options
    Husband got a vasectomy and I don't have any issues with that!! ;) 
    That sucks you're having so many problems with the Mirena! There's a few other iud options, not sure if they'd all have similar problems for you?
  • Options
    I'm on the Micronor pill and haven't had any problems except decreased libido which I'm okay with. Fiance not so much lol. After our wedding I'm getting off the birth control and once we have our second child, fiance will get snipped.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Mirena too and have had no issues other than when I got it put in I bled for what seemed like weeks. I love it because no periods but am sorry to hear it's not working out as well for you. Are you still breastfeeding? If so, maybe the minipill is a better option?
  • Options
    @jenkar01 I'm on the same pill and I have no libido either! Wow. That just clicked after reading your post that it's probably due to the pill. DH has definitely been pretty disappointed in my lack of interest. I thought it was just due to giving birth and constantly being around my son that made me not interested. Hmm he'll be happy to hear that it may be the pill!
  • Options
    @Sbrown721 yeah my fiance cannot wait until I'm off the pill. My libido is worse than his when I'm off the phone so he really hates the pill right now but knows it is worth the side effect.
  • Options
    My body reacts to medications differently than most people I feel like so I think the mirena is doing weird things to my body. I'm not breastfeeding but I breastfed by first and when I started taking the mini pill it took away my milk supply completely, when I stopped it my milk supply came back. I think my body reacts badly even with the smallest amount of hormone change. And I'm not sure if my husbands ready to get snipped. Im only 20 and he's 21 and we may want one more kids in 3-4 years. I think he's just going to have to deal with no sex or condims lol!!