February 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnant after IF check in 8/3

edited August 2017 in February 2018 Moms
Happy Thursday!

If you would like to be added please provide your due date, how many, diagnosis, and gender or if you don't want to know. I'll put a ? On things we don't know yet. If I miss you, I'm sorry, please page me and write it clearly for me to see! 

Paging:
@SunflowerMama428 2/1-1 bean- Dx: pcos/blocked tube -(boy/girl)?
@Zoey1019 2/1- 1 bean- Dx: MFI- (boy/girl)?
@Mgaulrapp 2/1- 1 bean- Dx: MFI- (boy/girl)?
@Amel1985 2/5- ?- Dx: pcos (boy/girl)?
@Anna_1021 2/6- 1 bean- Dx: unexplained- (boy/girl)?
@MrsJ2410 ;2/7- 1 bean-Dx- Low AMH- (boy/girl)? 
@akaye40_7 2/7- 1bean- Dx: unexplained, MFI- Team pink!
@megzb510
 2/8- 1bean- Dx: blocked tube, secondary infertility- (boy/girl)?
@jensjourney 2/8- 1 bean- DX: unexplained IF w/ RPL- (boy/girl)?
@LadyMillil 2/9- 1 bean- Dx: dysfunctional uterine bleeding, low AMH, MFI- (boy/girl)? 
@LydRussell - 2/10- 1 bean- Dx-?- (boy/girl)?
@cmbendos 2/14- 1 bean- Dx: endometriosis, single ovary- (boy/girl)?
@mamajenna_cnm majenna_cnm 2/15- 1 bean- Dx: SSC growing a family- team blue!
@brooklyngirl18 2/15- 1 bean- Dx: pcos,  endometriosis- (boy/girl)?
@eggplantface 2/16- 1 bean- Dx:MFI/unexplained IF- team blue!
@babybro218 2/16- 1 bean- Dx: unexplained IF- team green
@meglw99 2/18- 2 beans- Dx: PCOS, MFI- (boy/girl)?
@diesel11111 2/22- 1 bean- Dx: unexplained IF- (boy/girl)?
@RaeleenD 2/27- 1 bean- Dx: PCOS- team green

Alright ladies how are we feeling? Any appointments this week? Rants/raves or concerns? Let's hear them

QOTW: what holiday are you most excited to share with LO?

Re: Pregnant after IF check in 8/3

• Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited August 2017
    I'm feeling pretty good this week!  We had our NT scan on Monday and it was great to see the little nugget and hear the heartbeat.  I did have a migraine for two days last week as I was weening off of the estrogen pills.  I called my RE's office and they told me to call my OB.  It finally really hit me that, after 2 years, they would not be my go-to resource anymore.  

We are leaving tomorrow for a 10-day belated honeymoon cruise along the Mediterranean coast of Europe.  We've been planning this for awhile and I am SO excited (although not being able to drink wine while we're there is bittersweet).  I've never been on a cruise (if i get seasick, it can't be that much worse than MS, right???) and I've never been to any of the ports we're visiting.  I'm hoping it will take my mind off of the fact that I won't have another ultrasound for awhile.  I miss those weekly check-ins.  We do have an OB appt the day after we get back, but then we have to wait a whole month to check in again.  How is everyone else dealing with the separation from your REs?

I am most excited to share Halloween with LO.  For awhile, I thought that people have pets and kids just to use that as props for Halloween.  Once I got a dog, I KNEW that was true ;)  I'm already thinking of "couples costumes" for the nugget and the dog...

Edited for spelling
  • Options
    @babybro218 Not being able to drink stinks, but that cruise sounds great! What countries are you visiting? It is weird to not go to my RE for everything now! My gynecologist doesn't do OB, so I'm at a completely new practice, new doctors, so I'd feel like I'm calling a stranger out of the blue if I called them for help! I miss the easy connection to a nurse. Not that my OB wouldn't be responsive, I just haven't tried yet.

AFM, there's not much going on. I think I have the start of an actual bump and not just belly fat! My nausea is usually only in the late afternoon/evening now, so I can eat a normal breakfast and lunch. I find I'm getting full faster though, and I feel bloated for a while after eating. I read that the digestive system slows down about now, so that makes sense; food isn't moving through as fast.

I have an appointment in a week for my NT scan. Any idea how long it takes? H is coming to that one so he'll see the baby for the first time live. I don't think he believes me when I say the fetus is wiggling around.

QOTW: Christmas, because it's a great holiday for kids. They get all the fun stuff without the stress. I'm looking forward to having Christmas at our house with the whole morning ritual of seeing the tree and a big breakfast. As adults, we usually go to my parents' house in the afternoon and do presents and stuff late so it's lost some its magic. Plus I can't bring my dogs to my parents' and this way the dogs will be involved again :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, @eggplantface!  We're going to Greece, Italy, and Spain.  I can't wait (although I'm procrastinating with packing...)  We were at the Dr.'s office for about an hour for the NT scan, although most of the time was spent waiting.  The scan itself probably took 10-15 minutes, mostly because the baby was sleeping and they were trying to get it to turn around to get a good angle.  After I flipped around a couple times, the baby started waving, then did a back flip and they got the last image they needed.  We left with a handful of pictures, too, which was nice :)  Good luck with your scan and let us know how it goes!

Edit:  Did you do PGS on your embryo?  I'm curious to find out what they tell you about further testing.  We did comprehensive chromosomal testing in addition to genetic testing for CF (we're both carriers), but the Dr. seemed to imply that either she didn't know much about it or that there could be changes to the chromosomes as the fetus developed from the embryo stage.  We're waiting to get blood test results back before we make any decisions about further testing, but I'd like to hear what other Drs. have to say about it.  Thanks!
  • Options
    @babybro218 We did PGS. We didn't have any genetic testing on ourselves before IVF because as far as we know there are no genetic diseases in our family (that is, no one has been born with birth defects or developed a genetic condition over time). My OB said she wouldn't recommend the NIPT blood test because we did PGS because it wouldn't give us any new information. She did recommend the NT scan.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @babybro218 can you please update with pictures of your favorite spots. I'd love to know how your trip turned out! 

AFM: I have had a constant migraine for like 4 days now. It comes and goes but I bet it is because I'm hangry all the time but I can't keep much down. Ugh I don't know why things get worse for me as pregnancy progresses. 

Sorry I didn't post last week. I think I was literally on the verge of dying. I have energy back so that's a plus. 

QOTW: I'm really excited about spending Christmas Eve with my children. In my culture we celebrate the night before. We are supposed to wait until midnight to open presents but DS never makes it that long so I think this year since I'll be in third tri and tired myself we will start the tradition of celebrating early until they can stay up late. 
  • Options
    @babybro218 what a fun trip! That sounds like a great way to relax and celebrate marriage AND baby!  For me,  while I miss the nurses at my RE's office and frequent check-ins, definitely don't miss my RE. DH and I really weren't a fan of him by the end. 

We did not do PGS testing. We did genetic screening and we aren't at an elevated risk for passing anything along.  Combined with my age, RE did not recommend it. 

AFM: at the beach with my family this week, but have our NT scan Monday morning. I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms, so it's extra reassuring any time we get to see or hear LO's heartbeat!  

QOTW: Pretty sure I'm most excited to celebrate Christmas. My parents always made Christmas a really magical time full of lots of family traditions, and I'm looking forward to doing that for our kids too. 
  • Options
    @babybro218 super jealous of your Europe trip...Europe is my favorite. I've been to 13 different countries and Greece was my absolute fave!  I want to go back at some point before I leave this earth.  

AFM: I'm finally 12 weeks this week and I feel like it's a great milestone to be at but I just wish I could get rid of the MS.  I know it will be over soon, but it's just getting super old.  We met our midwife this week which was exciting...only problem is we found out she no longer takes insurance so that is something we are trying to see if we can still do...which totally breaks my heart.  There aren't very many options in my city for midwifery care, specifically home birth midwives that I trust.  So I e felt a little down about it.  But I'm planning ok contacting my insurance so see if they will budge with reimbursement. Fingers crossed!

QOTW:  Christmas and Thanksgiving are huge in our family.  I can't wait to start new traditions with my own kiddos!
  • Options
    babybro218 That cruise sounds amazing. My husband and I went to Italy and Greece for our honeymoon and it was amazing. I ate so much food (and drank a lot of wine). We ended up sending home 6 bottles of wine from Italy and open one each year on our anniversary. If you can't indulge now, maybe you can do the same and send some home for later.

I had my last RE appt on Tuesday where everything looks great. I have my first appt with my new OB next Friday, then we're not going to have any US for a while. I might go through reassurance withdrawals. I just try to remind myself that every time my boobs hurt that means the baby is growing, too. Otherwise I've been feeling pretty good 
    physically, which makes me nervous. I hope one day I'll stop worrying quite so much and start enjoying this pregnancy.

I'm looking forward to Christmas with our little family. Growing up Christmas was my least favorite due to immature divorced parents who didn't make it very enjoyable for me. Therefore, I'm going to make it more of a fun, relaxing time for us, where we're not pressured to go to 15 houses on one day. If people want to see us, they are welcome to come over.
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428  can you add me please? Due Feb 15 with 1. My history is in my siggy but basically I got pregnant twice easily, first had DS then had an ectopic pregnancy. After the ectopic we didn't have any luck ttc, went to an RE and was diagnosed with pcos. 3 failed iuis, had a lap and discovered stage 2.5 endometriosis. Did IVF and ended up with 7 pgs tested embryos. Luckily the first FET worked and here I am :)

@babybro218 your vacation sounds amazing! I've always wanted to go on a mediterranean cruise. I used a pgs tested embryo also and we just did the standard NT scan and bloodwork. I don't plan to do anything further.
    @eggplantface I had my NT scan yesterday and it was about 30 minutes long. I felt like it was super involved and way longer than with DS. I'm not sure if it's normally that long or maybe my baby just wasn't cooperating with position.
    @SunflowerMama428 sorry about your migraine, that's awful. I don't have migraine but I have constant headaches also. Sucks so hard.
    @mamajenna_cnm that really sucks about your midwife, I hope you're able to find a someone else you're happy with. 

I had my NT scan yesterday and met with my OB. It was insane to see the baby moving like crazy and not be able to feel a thing! I'm still struggling with MS and headaches but I'm hoping to feel better any day now.

Christmas eve is the biggest day of the year in my family and I can't wait to pass down the traditions we have and make new memories.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017