January 2018 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating 8/3

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 8/3

• Options
    missblazemissblaze member
    edited August 2017

@GraceUponGrace09 Those look awesome but that is an insane amount of sugar! I wonder what would be a good substitute...

ETA: I used to eat totally paleo and I have not put actual sugar in a recipe in 5+ years. My sugar radar is likely skewed ;)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @missblaze Ya it is a lot of sugar. I did half ww flour but didn't mess with the sugar. Let me know if you do something different and like it!
  • Options
    I made a completely underwhelming coffee/oats/banana/kale smoothie today. What a waste of my caffeine Serving (I'm working on 1 coffee every 3-4 days plus a Coke here and there). I'll be sticking to my pineapple berry smoothie for now on (just trying to increase my kale/bitters intake bc of LO's tastebuds, and thought the coffee/cocoa would help mask it more). 

Thanks for zucchini muffin recipe! Yum. I might make those tomorrow.

@gusgus14 corn dogs... yesssssss! I am so excited for the state fair! 
  • Options
    All the cereal....just all of it. Every day, all day. Haha. DH and I have gone through a gallon of milk in 4 days. Oops. :) 
  • Options
    @carltk414 I totally feel you :) when I was pregnant with DD it was really the only time I drank milk . Typically I can't stand the thought of it . Now with the twins it's back to chocolate milk and cereal... mostly capitan crunch and cinnamon toast :) sooo good haha . Every now and then I force myself to buy special k red berries because it has a lot less sugar just to make myself feel like I'm still an adult ... I also have been craving hot pockets ( so gross lol) but o haven't caved on that one ... yet! With DD it was bagel bites which are really gross now that I am not a kid . Or at least I thought so . On a slightly healthier note ... slightly I am in LOVE with Caesar salad , and corn on the cob :) oh and baked potatoes loaded with sour cream . Darn kids got me all over the place 
  • Options
    @GraceUponGrace09 funny story about kale .... I personally hate it , really the only veggie I don't like .  With DD I was determined to make sure DD ate everything, and liked everything . ( she is 1 and eats exactly what we eat ) Anyway I am part of a CSA and get fruits and veggies every Monday . At the end of the week what we didn't eat I made into baby food for DD . She would eat everything EXCEPT kale haha . Peas , no problem, broccoli no problem , squash , carrots , beats , etc no problem . One spoonful of kale and it comes right back out , still. She even eats olives and mushrooms with ease but she refuses that . I guess she is like me :) 
  • Options
    @missblaze so jealous of your chef husband! 

I'm on vacation and cannot stop eating lobster rolls. My poor bank account.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's cold here today so we're having one of my favorite soups, beefy Italian! Ground beef, spaghetti sauce, cream cheese, noodles..mmm.
  • Options
    @burnsmommy27 want to share the other half??
  • Options
    @schaze probably not ;) but I'd get you your own bag
  • Options
    I have no appetite today. But all week I could only eat edible electrolytes (aka: potato chips) 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Options
    I was craving yellow curry so I picked some up at a Thai restaurant close to work for lunch. So delicious!! It's on that same street as my work so this could be dangerous 
  • Options
    Guys....my hubby is out for the night and I can have anything I want for dinner...But my mind has gone blank!!! But sunday is a shopping day with my mom so cue every junk food I've ever enjoyed!
  • Options
    @cyanope I had a grilled cheese (with grilled onions) and fries last night from In-and-Out, it was amazing and i love every second of it. :) 
  • Options
    Omg In N Out @cyanope my fav
  • Options
    I ate salt and vinegar Pringles tonight and now I am paying with pain.
  • Options
    PeepsterPeepster member
    edited August 2017
    @cyanope @gilsam1 OMG, you guys are killing me with the In-N-Out. They don't have them in Iowa and I miss it so much!
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    babymakes9babymakes9 member
    edited August 2017
    Peepster said:
    @cyanope @gilsam1 OMG, you guys are killing me with the In-N-Out. They don't have them in Iowa and I miss it so much!
    Same boat! No in -n- out in ny. We do have 5 guyd though which is a close 2nd, and we are supposed to get a chick - fil -a soon So that's exciting!

Edited for typos.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I want to try this In-N-Out everyone always talks about! We don't have those in WI.
  • Options
    PeepsterPeepster member
    edited August 2017
    @schaze Yes, you must! They don't expand their chain in order to keep the ingredients (mostly the beef) as fresh and local as possible. So, basically, California, Texas, and a few spots in between. And when they get their boxes labeled "French Fries," open them up.... They're boxes of whole, fresh potatoes. :D So good!!

Edit: Grammar
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PeepsterPeepster member
    edited August 2017
    @supercoolstephy Do it! I mean, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to do in Dallas that would make a worthwhile babymoon. The In-N-Out would just be a bonus... A mouth-watering, get-in-my-belly-now bonus.
  • Options
    @Peepster omg I just got hungry for round table pizza now that you said. I also do not understand why I moved away from California. I miss Del Taco the most though. Can't a girl get a Del Classic Chicken burrito with extra sauce and crinkly cut fries.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    uggghhhhhhh i miss In-n-Out. I used to work for a company that supplied beef to In-n-Out. The beef is so fresh at In-n-Out they didnt even have us grind it. They have their own facilities for that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy Right? What part of California? I was born and raised in San Jose. There's this amazing local Japanese fast food chain called Happi House. I would kill for some of their Asian chicken salad right about now.
  • Options
    @Peepster I was in Southern California, Laguna Hills/Beach. Every time I go to visit I go for the restaurants. I'm like "hey family. I love you and all but can we go to x restaurant?"  "Oh you don't understand why we're eating at Carls Jr instead of a Cheesecake factory? Because we have those in TN and there are too many options." haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @peepster @supercoolstephy Round Table - favorite pizza chain ever! Good call guys :) 
  • Options
    Haha...I'm loving all of the In n Out talk...and sorry for all of you ladies who haven't had the glorious experience of trying it. It really is delicious and oh so fresh.
    Also, @supercoolstephy, you're from southern CA and you miss Del Taco but not real Mexican food?!? Are you a true Californian? Haha!
    I also love round table and I'm getting pizza for dinner tonight! DH is still in vacation mode (we got home from camping yesterday), so we're going all out with pizza. Then he's back on his annoying, super strict meal plan tomorrow. Boo! I've been loving the indulgence! 
  • Options
    @cyanope I do miss my real Mexican food but we've actually found a decent place out here, and if I get fajitas and eat chips and salsa and squint real tight its like I'm eating food from home. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cyanope said
    Haha...I'm loving all of the In n Out talk...and sorry for all of you ladies who haven't had the glorious experience of trying it. It really is delicious and oh so fresh.
    Also, @supercoolstephy, you're from southern CA and you miss Del Taco but not real Mexican food?!? Are you a true Californian? Haha!
    I also love round table and I'm getting pizza for dinner tonight! DH is still in vacation mode (we got home from camping yesterday), so we're going all out with pizza. Then he's back on his annoying, super strict meal plan tomorrow. Boo! I've been loving the indulgence! 
     A new taco truck style restaurant opened near me,  i was so excited,  buy it's so boring not-authentic tacos,  like maybe a step above taco bell... i'm from the south bay originally, and would kill for real Mexican food i don't have to make!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    edited August 2017
    I'm pretty sure I would DIE without Mexican food, @supercoolstephy! I just had a carne asada burrito and spicy carrots for dinner last night, and the thought of having to live without it as a staple of my diet is a REALLY depressing thought. I'm sorry you have to live without it...especially since you know what you're missing! 
    ETA: @mamaof5already, I feel for you too!
  • Options
    I just read that and said Ahhhh spicy carrots. I am so jealous. I think because I've lived here for 11 years that I'm used to not getting it as often as I'd like. The other day I ordered steak nachos and it was like a glob of nasty nacho cheese and overcooked steak. But still... my heart is always with Del Taco. Haha I spent many of my nights before church and then in my college drunken evenings there. haha. We had one for a tiny bit of time, but it was a combo restaurant with a seafood fast food joint. The burritos were good but the fries tasted a little fishy. The closed them up less than a year after they opened. It was a sad day in my household.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tacosandtumstacosandtums member
    edited August 2017
    omg @sbishop426 heck yes to the yellow curry! I have been on a Thai kick lately as well.
    *edited because I suck at gif-ing