June 2016 Moms
Options

August 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

Welcome to the monthly pre-TTC, TTC, and TTC Grad check-in. This board is designed to allow those of us considering our next child to update the other members of June 2016 on that journey. Please feel free to post often in this board, updating as the month goes on if your status or details change, or if you have anything inspiring/sassy/a fun gif/etc to add. We are here to provide each other with support, comfort, non-medical answers, and help with the BSC symptom spotting that we know can happen.

For Pre-TTC -

*How long until TTC begins?

*How is the wait going?

*General questions, updates, r/r

For TTC -

*What month/cycle?

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU?

*Any symptom spotting chart stalking craziness we can help with?

For KU -

*(If this is your first post after your BFP) When did you find out you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO this time around? Feel free to share any other details you're comfortable with (what were you doing to get KU, how long were you trying this time, etc)

*How far along are you/when are you due?

*Future or recent appointment updates?

*Team Pink or Blue?

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16?

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: August 2017 Pre/TTC & Grad Check-In

• Options
    Pre-TTC -

*How long until TTC begins? Probably another year, if I can wait that long. I want my kids around 2 years apart, but also don't want 2 under 2.

*How is the wait going? I really enjoyed being pregnant and now that the infant phase is over I am looking forward to doing it again soon. I will definitely be ready before DH, but he I think we're more or less on the same timeline.

My TTC prep is more career oriented. I started this new job 4 months ago and while it's ok, it's not challenging me and I'm a little dissatisfied because of that. It's also very physical, requiring me to go onboard ships all day and hangout in hot engine rooms and go up and down ladders -- not very pregnancy friendly.

So I've been working on my resume and yesterday I applied for 2 new jobs. I contacted a recruiting company in my field and I intend to inquire about different opportunities in my current company. Just those few little steps have made me feel better and a little more in control. My goal is to be established in a more high level position that is more baby host friendly for when we do decide to start TTC again. It's a long way out, but I'm hoping for some positive changes.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    artlea2013artlea2013 member
    edited August 2017
    TTC

*What month/cycle? 2/2

*(If you're comfortable) What are you doing to get KU? Same as last month, though I think we're dropping the Pre-Seed, too much work, and I'm trying to up my water/green tea intake. That should hopefully make it easier to actually tell what my CM is doing, as I had basically none all last month

*Any symptom spotting chart stalking craziness we can help with? Nothing yet, as I'm currently WTO. Last month I had all the symptom spotting craziness, then actual spotting around 10 DPO, then no symptoms. Trying not to over analyze last month, or this month and just relax. However, if anyone has any tips on how to shorten your FP, I would love to not have to wait until CDs in the 20s

*General questions, updates, r/r Above. And also unreasonably nervous about this cycle. It's only cycle 2, but we got pregnant on cycle 2 last time so I oscillate between "won't get that luck again" & "it's obviously just how my body works!", which makes no sense. Apparently the crazies have started already 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited August 2017

*How far along are you/when are you due? 8 weeks 1 day 

*Future or recent appointment updates? Monday I have a blood work appointment. 

*Team Pink or Blue? Not sure yet 

*How is this pregnancy different from/similar to June '16? Less headaches but I didn't completely give up caffeine this time so thinking that's why plus I've been drinking a ton of water. 

*General questions, updates, r/r not really just can't wait to be out of the first trimester!

Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    @art+lea2013 fwiw the month before we conceived I had like an 18 day cycle with no apparent ovulation (judging by time and cm). It was weird and then we conceived so I chalked it up to being weirdly post partum still...
  • Options
    So, attempting to get over the sickness I had, I got all the ibuprofen pushed on me by DH. Caution over that and the sore boobs at 8 & 9 DPO led me to break my rule and test early. 3 days of BFPs later, I'll fully admit I'm due in early May
    YAYYY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 
  • Options
    So, attempting to get over the sickness I had, I got all the ibuprofen pushed on me by DH. Caution over that and the sore boobs at 8 & 9 DPO led me to break my rule and test early. 3 days of BFPs later, I'll fully admit I'm due in early May
    Yay!!! Congratulations! For some reason your username is different. Until I looked at the picture, I was like who is this lost person posting on our board? 
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Yay!!! Congratulations! For some reason your username is different. Until I looked at the picture, I was like who is this lost person posting on our board? 
    Haha, I changed it briefly since *gasp* it has my and DH's first names in it, not that you guys haven't already figured that out. Then I realized that was stupid and changed it back. Except TB has changed their rules and I can't add the "+" back in. Whatever
  • Options
    @artlea2013 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! I can't wait wait to see this next curly haired babe :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options

Yet another box fail for me!

I'm so freaking excited for you!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited August 2017
    My best friend told me she is pregnant last night and I about lost my mind! She had been trying for a really really long time! Her husband has been working overseas for several months and all it took was one week long trip to see him this summer. They don't like when they say all it takes is once...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    @artlea2013 Congrats!!  So excited for you!!

We found out today that we are having another little boy.  I am excited to see two little boys tearing up my house  :D
    Yay boys!! They're so much fun (sorry girl-moms, I'm sure your ladies are good too)
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    @artlea2013 Congrats!!  So excited for you!!

We found out today that we are having another little boy.  I am excited to see two little boys tearing up my house  :D
    How awesome!!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! So exciting!!
  • Options
    All these pregnancies are putting babies on my brain. Too bad I don't think DH would go for it for a while.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    All these pregnancies are putting babies on my brain. Too bad I don't think DH would go for it for a while.
    We're "one and done" but I love hearing about all the new pregnancies, it's very exciting!
  • Options
    Well we are now having the whole family, both sides, telling us to go for three to try for a girl. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be pregnant at 38/39... At least not by choice just to "try" and have a girl.  Grrrr...
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    Well we are now having the whole family, both sides, telling us to go for three to try for a girl. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be pregnant at 38/39... At least not by choice just to "try" and have a girl.  Grrrr...
    Ugh, selfish people. Having all boys is great, having all girls is great, having whatever kind of family you damn well please is great! People have no control over what comes out of their mouths when it's baby related, I swear
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    edited August 2017
    meggyme said:
    Same! And my next door neighbor is 8 weeks pregnant with #2 (her first is 2 weeks older than Savannah). DH and I agreed to wait until Savannah is 2 to even talk about trying now that he's back in school but I definitely feel little pings of jealousy here and there!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    That's irritating! I worked with a guy who was a triplet (all boys) and so they tried for a girl and had another boy lol. If I had to have same gendered kids I think I would want all boys, they are so much fun! For the record I love having my girls, but I dont think I could stand all the hormones of having 3 girls.