October 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms

What are the random things going on in life?

Re: August Randoms

• Options
    Despite my clear MRI, MS is still on my doctor's radar, but because it's clear, so are Lupus and Fibromayalgia. 
    Next appointment isn't until September 12th, but they'll do an ANA blood panel, which will help with the elimination process, also being referred to a Neurologist and Opthamologist as well. 
    Aaaaaaand... We wait some more.
  • Options
    Ughhh that sucks @allythekid. FX the tests come back negative even though I'm sure you want some type of answer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would LOVE some answers, but if everything comes back negative, I am prepared to chalk it up to stress and take something for that unless it just keeps getting worse.
    I'm too broke and too busy to chase doctors around for very long.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Clear MRI is good news. Hoping you are symptom free until your next Dr. appt. I know its easier said then done but try to de-stress as much as possible even if its just taking a walk around the block in the evening to recharge.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
     <3 sorry ladies I went totally MIA. Things are so busy, Abigail is still doing well. We had a follow up echocardiagram in June and she has no complications from surgery. She has a follow up probably in October, and then next May (a yr post op) to make sure everything is holding up. 
    We are in America until the end of the month and so we are staying very busy but I wanted to check in with you ladies! I'm gonna browse around the current threads and see what I can add. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @kmolletz I'm so glad to hear that Abigail is doing well!
  • Options
    I hope you two are having a blast! @kmolleltz
  • Options
    So FI went out to buy school supplies and came home with another dog. A five week old puppy to be precise. And although she is adorable, I am still flowing with stress an anxiety over the thought of when this puppy gets bigger, and rowdy, and wants to chew on everything. I am tirelessly working on hoysebreaking her, but I'm pretty upset about him just bringing in not one, but two dogs in the last few months without consulting me about it first. I'm the one worrying about vet bills, and what things this puppy may chew and ruin in our RENT HOME (land lord/my aunt will be PISSED) while all he sees is a cute face and the occasional pee puddle or poop pile to wipe up off the tile. Why? WHY?! Like, do we not have enough shit to worry about?? I'm busy enough with babies who poop themselves! We BOTH start school this week! I start a job soon! What the literal Eff?
  • Options
    Ummm just randomly shows up with a puppy!? @allythekid that's awful. I mean puppies are adorable and all but they are obviously also a ton of work... (which, lets face it, will probably fall on you) can you return it?....
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options

@allythekid Can you find a no kill shelter or humane society to take the puppy to?  I'm sure this won't go over well, but I would probably take the puppy while he is at work.  He didn't discuss bringing the puppy home so why discuss taking the puppy somewhere to find a home that can focus on him solely.  And really I'm full of crap because I love animals and in this situation I would be your FI.

• Options
    We've had this pup for four days now, and honestly I've already darn near got her housebroken with vigilance, and Daisy as a helpful example, I'm just still a bit salty about the situation. It really is a lot of extra work that I wasn't looking forward to. :/ (and you hit the nail on the head @kmolleltz )Now I'm also in the position of being the wicked witch of the midwest to my kids if I rehome her. I'm definitely discriminating against this pup too though. @LadyBug2821 I too, am an animal lover. And FI is using it against me. I just really hate the puppy stage. I hate training. And this pup to top it off is a Pit/Chow Chow/St. Bernard mix and is going to be big. Honestly, I think she'll do great, she's really smart. I'm just bitter that both dogs ge brought home were out of nowhere with zero discussion, and it was especially a slap in my face because I had spent weeks getting to know a five-year-old rescue dog, who would have been a perfect fit for our family prior to this happening, that he DIDN'T want because she was "too old".
  • Options
    @allythekid ugh. TOo old. So what is he gonna do when the puppy grows up? I mean everyone loves a tiny puppy. But yeah. They become dogs. 
    We have two dogs that are a ton of work and I'm constantly on DH about them because he convinced me to get the second one when we already had our hands full with the first. And yeah they get along great and I'm sure they love having each other around (neither is lonely this way) but man... two dogs is a lot of work. (And they are both under 3) 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I guess in his man-brain, he thinks it's better to raise them up as pups so maybe they're more loyal? I honestly think he's just jealous because even though he brought home Daisy, (who is an adult dog- around two or three years, that's why it made me mad about thinking the other dog was too old) she likes me the most. And she is already loyal and protective of me. Just last week my brother tried to sneak up on me in my back yard, and Daisy got after him and let him know that isn't gonna fly with her haha she didn't bite him, but that's the first time she ever showed aggression to anyone since she has been here. Made me feel very loved ❤  I think he thinks Peony will love him more since she's a wee pup, but she's home with Mama all day... She'll probably prefer Mama too. That's just how it is usually.
    I already have her potty trained, I think the hard work will start once her big teeth start growing though. I have to watch her like a hawk on the carpet, she wants to chew on it.
  • Options
    Poor S had a fever over the weekend and ended up with roseola. This was her first time truly being sick and luckily it wasn't too serious. 
  • Options
    That pesky roseola sneaks up! It is nerve wracking before you figure out what it is too... Just an honorable mention: It can make adults very sick if they never had it before as a child. I found that out the hard way.
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 Aw poor S.. glad she's feeling better. It is so tough seeing your baby sick!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have officially joined the ranks of the working mothers, I started my new job yesterday!
    Seemed to be a success.
  • Options
    Yay @AllyTheKid Hope all goes well with your new job!  Did you get in as a home health aide after all?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brzvice Thanks! And yes ma'am I did :)
  • Options
    That is great news @AllyTheKid.  
  • Options
    I'm learning very quickly how horribly unprofessional this company is, and how unqualified my 20-year-old boss is :/
  • Options
    Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited August 2017
    Ughhh isn't it annoying as crap @AllyTheKid??  Task wise, my mgr is qualified. Able to be a mgr wise, not at all. She is horrible and has already pissed me off for the day. I put in pto for 2 days in September. Instead of just approving it like any other mgr would, she asks me if my partners know.  Ummm no, why would i tell them about a pto that hasn't been approved yet?  She is trying to nit pick every.single.thing and I'm going to lose my mind on her if she doesn't stop. 

ETA: And it looks like she is dressed for the club today. 
  • Options
    That club wear though   :D 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My boss always looks like she's going clubbing too... I found that very unprofessional from day one.

She's just so lazy too... She is supposed to handle arranging me with my clients. Well, so far I've only been able to visit one because the other two don't have working phone numbers, and she actually had me drive up and down the countryside to look for a client's home because it can't be located by GPS or Google Maps... Never found it, and I will not be reimbursed for the gasoline I wasted looking :/ 

• Options
    We fly back home to Tanzania tomorrow! Here's to two 9 hr flights with an almost 11 month old who doesn't want to sit still!
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Good luck and safe travels to you and Abigail!
  • Options
    Good luck @kmolleltz. Hope all goes well. 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Did you guys make it back safely? How was the flight?
  • Options
    They're back in TZ now :)
  • Options
    Awesome!!
  • Options
    yes! we made it! Minus one bag but hopefully that will catch up soon... The first flight was hard, we didnt have a bassinet so I had to hold her/put her in the wrap for the whole 8 hours of it.

the second flight we had the bassinet. Time change has been hard. I feel super hungover minus the alcohol and my period decided to show up today so that was cool.... 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Hopefully they will find your bag soon! I have such respect for you doing all that by yourself! I would have been a nevous wreck. Is this your first one getting your period since getting pregnant? I still haven't gotten mine back yet and although I love that, it also makes me worry to not have a monthly reminder that I'm not pregnant!
  • Options
    @fitlady21 It was def harder on the way back then the way over! And no, its like the 3rd or 4th but they've been super irregular and all over the place. I have already had numerous "oh God I cant be pregnant can I?" moments... its the worst. haha
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    Haha I've peed on so many sticks and like I said, I haven't even gotten my cycle back yet! But the what if is always in the back of my mind.
  • Options
    I'm glad you made it back safely @kmolleltz
  • Options
    Just curious who most friends/family/strangers say your LO looks like? Mama or Dada?

I hear a lot of V looking like Dada and confession sometimes I feel a little jealous because I think she looks like me too, dammit!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brzvice My husbands family thinks the baby looks just like my husband.. they say she's his clone and that he left his "mark" on her. Everyone else can see both of us in her haha. 
  • Options
    People tell us she looks like both of us which I agree. She definitely has his eyes and nose. Her face shape and mouth are mine. 
  • Options
    Johnny is pretty much 100% dad. Which is fine with me, and actually a relief since Jimmy and Addy look just like me and Mikey looks like his mom. At least FI has ONE kid that looks like him now.