April 2018 Moms
Options

Monday B*tchfest 7/31

What's up your bum today?

Re: Monday B*tchfest 7/31

• Options
    My MBF is that a co-worker took the last decaf keurig cup we had left. WHYYY, COWORKER?! There's no reason to drink decaf unless you're PG (she's for sure not) and just really need the taste of coffee for the placebo effect.  
  • Options
    my dad is lifelong decaf drinker....i've just never understood it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pghrenpghren member
    @looeeze that sucks. DH has to keep extra coffee and tea in his desk because his office sucks at ordering coffee
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    I would like to bitch about my refrigerator, which seems to freeze things no matter what setting we try. I've been craving iceberg lettuce lately (don't worry, I negate the already-minimal nutritional value by dousing it in low-fat ranch and covering it with 300 croutons), and I just pulled it out of the fridge. Frozen solid. Whyyyyyyy. 
  • Options
    @kmalls we have the same problem!  all I wanted two weeks ago was a caprese salad...went in to get the stuff out to make it and my basil was frozen and ruined!!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls that's been happening with ours too! I pulled out a half gallon of milk yesterday... frozen solid. Wtf? And we have a digital thermometer that says the fridge is on 39 degrees. That's not freezing! 
  • Options
    @looeeze just in case you didn't know (I'm not sure if your trying to stay away from caffeine all together)  but decaf coffee still has a small amount of caffeine in it.

• Options
    @mispanda I know :neutral: I wish I were strong enough to cold turkey it. 
  • Options
    @looeeze don't feel bad.  I still make myself about 6oz of coffee in the morning and then drink about half of it. I can't cut it out completely right now either.

• Options
    I was reading in the introduction that we have a lot of Harry Potter fans here. My husband hates HPeven though he hasn't read any of them. He gets mad if I even say Harry Potter sometimes. It just makes me sad. 
  • Options
    I drank coffee every morning with my first. Like @kmalls said a certain amont is fine.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @luna8433 my SO doesn't get it either.  i had to binge watch the marathon recently all by myself, usually staying up past him just so my watching didn't bother him!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Andplusalso chocolate contains caffeine and no way in hell thats going anywhere lol

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    What!!! @luna8433 but there are so many cute HP onesies :(
  • Options
    **TW**
    @kmalls Oh I know that caffeine is acceptable.  I've had two miscarriages this year so I've been advised to stay away from it as much as possible.  Now there are things that naturally have caffeine in them and you can't dodge that but If I don't need it I'll pass. 
  • Options
    luna8433luna8433 member
    edited July 2017
    @peppersmith22 I know! I am still going to read HP  to my kids when they get older.
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    mispanda said:
    **TW**
    @kmalls Oh I know that caffeine is acceptable.  I've had two miscarriages this year so I've been advised to stay away from it as much as possible.  Now there are things that naturally have caffeine in them and you can't dodge that but If I don't need it I'll pass. 
    @mispanda makes total sense. I completely avoided it my last pregnancy after a loss, as well. You do what you gotta do. 
  • Options
    @kmalls absolutely :)  
  • Options
    @mispanda that makes total sense

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    pghrenpghren member
    @luna8433 I just had to tell my mother not to get rid of all my books that I waited for at midnight release parties! DH never read them because he couldn't keep LOTR and another fantasy universe in his head, so he avoided them. I've told him he's nuts! 
  • Options
    pghrenpghren member
    @ekendall09 next time try keeping it in a jar of water in the windowsill. Basil loves sun! I have one that's kept growing in just water since January
  • Options
    My DH doesn't like Harry Potter either @luna8433 his loss is what I think.  Plus it's funny i'm trying to get our DD into it and sometimes she will act like she has a wand and say "Stupefy" then my DH tells her to use the force (He is a big Star Wars fan).  Hopefully she will grow to love both fandoms equally  ;)

God I could never give up on caffeine, not really a coffee drinker but I love dr. pepper.  People are way to chipper in the morning at my office if I didn't have caffeine I would probably go crazy.  I have cut back though and drink only 2 sometimes if I really need 3 cans a day (really just with meals). My doctor told me I could have up to 5 cans I shouldn't but I could with how much caffeine is in them.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I miss my morning matcha
  • Options
    @lund Yay, science!! I've been drinking my usual large cup of black tea in the mornings, but now I won't feel bad about having an afternoon coffee on days when I'm driving somewhere or extra tired.
    On a related note - I see you quoted "Expecting Better" - do you like it? Is it worth buying?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    @hedgepig Expecting Better is sooooo worth buying, in my opinion. It was the one and only pregnancy book I read when pregnant the first time, and because of this thread I'll re-read it for this pregnancy. It's wonderful and went a LONG way in calming me down. Also, facts > old wives tales when it comes to pregnancy, and the book is full o' facts! 
  • Options
    more of a whine than a bitch...I have to get DD at 7 and I don't want to walk to the train to get home. the tired is real this afternoon
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lund I totally agree.  I don't think caffeine had anything to do with my history but I've done some crazy things TTGP I can only imagine the weird things I'll do while pregnant. 
  • Options
    pghrenpghren member
    @lund @kmalls I just checked and Expecting Better is at my library! 
  • Options
    lundlund member
    @allowachick @kmalls @hedgepig You guys will love Expecting Better! I have it on audio book, and I'm considering buying a hard copy just so I can reference the charts and stuff more easily. 

@mispanda totally. There are so many things that I logically know are't dangerous, but I find myself being cautious anyway. Pregnancy is weird and the anxiety is real lol. 
  • Options
    sjn00sjn00 member
    3 year olds. 
  • Options
    zombiemom1318zombiemom1318 member
    edited July 2017
    @SaraJoy00 my 3 year old has been testing me all day.  I mean is it something in the air today or what? This morning my son had a meltdown because he wanted a popcicle for lunch. The popcicles weren't even frozen. He lost it. Threw the biggest fit and got sent to his room. Then I threw the biggest fit. Kinda scary that I'm close to double the fits. Prayers needed LOL 
  • Options
    Potty training  :|:s I had DS getting it down except holding #2. Then he spent two days with my mom and we have to go naked again or he just goes. I'm hoping since we were almost there the first time it won't be to difficult this time.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat regression is normal. Don't be discouraged!! 
  • Options
    Being tired and nauseas but not being able to say anything about cutting down on caffeine, being tired or nauseas because it's a secret until week 12...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @zombiemom1318 Seriously. She has been on something today!!!! The past week!! Its driving me crazy, I started cleaning just to escape it lol 
  • Options
    @lund @kmalls Excellent, it's getting ordered asap! Also, thank you for the audio book suggestion - I love, love, love audiobooks, so I will see if I can find it that way too!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20